I am completing my second reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and this time 'round I have highlights on almost every page. It's a thought-provoking book that is perfect for solo travelers.
I offer you 10 reasons to read it:
- “Your Personal Legend” is the theme of the book and the theme on Solo Traveler in April. Read the book to get more out of the posts on Solo Traveler as guest writers riff on the ideas and concepts of Paulo Coelho.
- The central character is a solo traveler. He confirms that it's OK to be unsure of yourself as long as you keep pursuing your personal legend.
- It teaches you to turn down the negative noise in your life.
- It focuses on the individual and the pursuit of individual dreams as making a positive contribution to the “Soul of the World”.
- It shows that obstacles to one's personal legend are merely obstacles – not blockades.
- It challenges you to think about your own personal legend.
- It explores the meaning of “living the dream”.
- It encourages you not to delay the living of your legend.
- It emphasizes constant learning.
- It has been read by world leaders and translated into 67 languages – it's considered an important read.
I hope you'll read it and enjoy. Let me know what you think. And participate in the comments on Solo Traveler and the Solo Travel Society on Facebook as it is discussed in April.