The Lake District is a stunning place to enjoy in good weather and bad. It rained just about the whole time I was there and I loved every minute of it. Please read the companion post too: “Falling in Love in the Lake District”.
The United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
When asked about the best destinations for solo travelers, the United Kingdom inevitably comes to mind.
It is the country I've visited most often and yet never tire of.
It is also the perfect destination for a solo traveler going overseas for the first time. It is different enough to be exciting yet similar enough to be manageable.
So yes, whether you're a veteran solo traveler or a newbie, I think the UK should be on your list.
Solo Travel the UK
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (known informally as the UK) consists of four countries and we have great posts on all of them. To jump to the country of particular interest to you click on the appopriate link below.
Our Most Popular Posts on the United Kingdom
- Affordable London: 32+ Free and Low-Cost Tips
- Best Places to Stay in London: Great Accommodation for Solo Travelers
- Cockles to Cakes: Discovering the Food of Wales
- The Spectacular Isle of Skye Without a Car
- Solo Travel Destination: The West Highland Way, Scotland
- Solo Travel Northern Ireland: 32 Tips for a Fantastic Trip
- Of Gobbins and Giants: Northern Ireland’s Causeway Coastal Route
- Easyjet or Eurostar? The Best, Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get from London to Paris
Now here's the entire lineup starting with the most recent.
What to do at night when you’re traveling solo is a common question. Here’s one option: enjoying pub life in England’s Lake District.
The Lake District has become a destination for nature lovers and walking enthusiasts everywhere. I went for a digital detox and found a new love.