A Magical Canadian Solo Kayaking Adventure
Adventures in Glamping: Georgian Bay, Ontario
Whitewater Rafting on the Ottawa River
Bike Ontario: Rail Trails Make it Easy
A Solo Summer Road Trip to Killarney
On this trip to the famous Killarney Mountain Lodge on Georgian Bay, Tracey took the long way. She turned 4 1/2 hours of highway driving into 7 hours of backroad driving with beautiful scenery, light traffic, and less stress. On her weekend she took a boat tour of Georgian Bay, ate great local fare, and learned a few lessons. Read all about it.
More Ontario Getaways to Consider
If you’re in Southern Ontario, here are few solo weekend getaways which Tracey and I experienced and wrote about. They are just a few hours' drive out of town.
- Exploring the Wine and Food of Ontario’s Southwest
- Road Trip Ontario: Views, Food and a Bit of Romance
- The Oxford County Cheese Trail: A Photo Tour
- Between Here & There: Finding Places Less Traveled
- Ottawa Getaway: Warm Memories from a Winter Trip
- Travel Tips for Haldimand County: Fresh Air and Fine Dining
- Surprising Destinations in My Own Backyard: Oxford County
Planning Your Weekend Trip in Ontario
I have to introduce you to the Explore Ontario website. The site is organized so that you can plan your trip geographically or by the activity you're interested in. There's a trip planner section that has suggested itineraries as well as a a tool to create your own custom itinerary. They even have a live chat function to get to an Ontario travel counselor. So, if none of the itineraries above strike your fancy, there are many other ways to plan your Ontario getaway.
Thank you to Destination Ontario for sponsoring these trips. As always, Solo Traveler maintains full editorial control over all content on this site.