Sometimes we all want just a bit more than a blog can deliver.
This is where the Solo Traveler Insiders comes in.
We developed the Insiders program to offer a more personal touch to Solo Traveler. Each month we get together online for either a meet-up or an interview of a traveler with a specific expertise. And how do we decide what the focus of these monthly events will be? We ask! We run a poll so that you can tell us exactly what they want.
There are many benefits to being a Solo Traveler Insider. Watch and read on.
Adding Creativity to Your Solo Travels
Elena's energy will sweep you up and send you researching creative solo travel opportunities. She literally wrote the book on creative travel. From wood carving to cooking to dancing the tango, Elena has explored destinations in many creative ways. She has stories to tell and tips to share. And the great thing about creative travel is that it's not just for you. Communities reap real benefits when travelers engage with local crafts and art forms. Elena has spoken around the world on the subject of creative travel. As our special guest, we expect a lively and inspiring event.
A Tasty, Musical and Educational Introduction to Nova Scotia.
Simon Leblanc, teacher, fisher, musician, tour guide and captain at Tusket Island Tours will educate and entertain in stories and song about Nova Scotia from a local's perspective. More details soon.
Insiders Get the Full Video Library of Past Events
After each speaker event we publish the video of the discussion in the Patreon community. It's the next best thing to being there.
Free: The Wits & Wonder Travel Course
Hundreds of people have purchased this 7-week email course on how to travel solo. It gets right into the details and even seasoned solo travelers say they get new tips from it.
Best of all, it's free to Insiders after three months of membership.
“Insider Only” Discounts
Insiders get 50% off the Toolkit price.
Be prepared to hit the ground running when you're ready to travel again! The Travel Planning Toolkit includes 13 resources to make travel planning easy.
Insiders get 10% discount on Lanterns
Besides being beautiful, the Travel Lantern is also practical. The wood exterior wraps around a solid glass base. It can be exchanged with any cozie design.
Insiders Exclusive: “Dinner Party Stories” Give you the Weird and the Wonderful of Our Travels
Some of our travel stories don't make it on the blog. They just don't fit the blog in terms of our mission to share information that others can use on their solo travels.
Ah, but they tend to be great for dinner parties when the banter turns to travel.
Every month we share one of these stories with the Insiders. They cover the weird, the wonderful, the exotic and the challenges of our travels. They are stories that bring our dinner companions to laughter, awe or amazement.
The Full List of Insider Benefits
Here are the current benefits of being an Insider.
- Speaker Series We book exciting and knowledgable travel experts from around the world according to the requests for Insiders.
- Virtual Meet-ups Casual chats with us and your fellow Insiders. Ask us questions, share stories, talk about travel and life.
- Input on Subjects & Speakers As an Insider, you'll have a say on what topics will be covered in our speaker series.
- Free Course After three months as a Solo Traveler Insider we'll send you the Wits & Wonder Travel Course, our 7-week course with our top advice on traveling solo.
- 50% off the 2021 Travel Planning Toolkit. 13 resources to help you plan better as you get back to travel.
- Dinner Party Stories So much happens behind the scenes of Solo Traveler. Small victories as well as heartaches. Travel stories that just aren't appropriate for publication. The type of stories we share at dinner parties rather than on the website.
- Community Join a group of like-minded solo travelers and share your passion for travel in a private forum.
- Early Access You'll be the first to know about the special deals and contests we offer.
- Public Acknowledgement Solo Traveler Insiders will be recognized on our Virtual Wall of Fame on Solo Traveler. The first 100 Insiders will forever be known as Founding Members.
How to Become an Insider
It's simple to become a Solo Traveler Insider. Contribute monthly or pay annually and get two months free.
- To become a Solo Traveler Insider, just click here.
- You will be taken to a page where you will see the three options and a “Join” button.
- Click the “Join” button for your preferred level and you can securely sign up for our monthly services and events. If you want to pay annually, click the line below the “Join” button.
We hope you'll join us! It will be a pleasure for us to deliver a more robust solo travel program, to share more of ourselves and our work, and to get to know you better.