Be part of an exciting new direction for Solo Traveler.
For over 10 years we've been:
- delivering travel tips and skill development for solo travelers.
- advocating on behalf of solo travelers, convincing more and more companies to waive the single supplement.
- writing about our trips to inform and inspire readers.
It's been free. The content on the blog, our ongoing research to find companies that will treat solo travelers fairly, the Solo Travel Awards that we launched to encourage more companies to do the same, and our wonderful Solo Travel Society on Facebook: it's all been 100% free.
Now we're facing a difficult situation and it is our hope that you can help.
The perks and benefits below are fun, but we're hopeful that you will consider becoming a patron to support all the work that goes into delivering the content you love.
How it Works
The Solo Traveler Insiders uses Patreon and works like any subscription service. You sign up and you'll be billed on the first of every month. There are three options.
- Tip Jar – $5 per month which includes an Insider story every month.
- Solo Traveler Insider – $10 per month which includes all full Insider benefits such as our Speaker Series, Private Facebook Group, the monthly Insider story and more.
- Insider VIP – $25 per month gives you all of the above plus two hour-long sessions with Janice or Tracey in a year.
And, of course, you all get our undying gratitude. Please see all the details by clicking here.
Insiders Get Speaker Expertise and Inspiration Every Month
Awe Walks: Find Joy and Reduce Stress with a Visit to Nature
Some seek to introduce awe walks into their lives for greater joy. Others practice forest bathing to ritually reduce stress and improve feelings of happiness. And still others just hike. It is fundamental to who they are. Whatever your approach to nature, it is there for you and can help you thrive during this stressful time of the Coronavirus. Willow Belden is all about the outdoors. Her podcast explores its meaning to us on an intimate level. And, she is also a solo traveler. She will share some of her exciting treks. But more, she will teach us how to get outdoors close to home, and safely during COVID. As a former New Yorker and currently living in Wyoming, she knows how to find the best of nature in any circumstances.
About Willow Belden
Willow Belden is the host and founder of Out There, an award-winning podcast that explores big questions through intimate stories outdoors. Before launching the podcast, she was a reporter and host at Wyoming Public Radio. She has written for newspapers and magazines across the U.S. and internationally, has contributed stories to NPR, and has won several national awards. Willow did a solo thru-hike of the Colorado Trail in 2014. She's an avid cross-country skier and hiker, and she's conquering her fear of heights by learning to rock climb.
Members Get Access to Our Full Video Library
After each speaker event we publish the video of the discussion in the Patreon community. It's the next best thing to being there.
Exclusive “Dinner Party Stories” Give your the Weird and the Wonderful of Our Travels
Some of our travel stories don't make it on the blog. They just don't fit the blog in terms of our mission to share information that others can use on their solo travels.
Ah, but they tend to be great for dinner parties when the banter turns to travel.
Every month we share one of these stories with the Insiders. They cover the weird, the wonderful, the exotic and the challenges of our travels. They are stories that bring our dinner companions to laughter, awe or amazement.
The Wits & Wonder Course Is Yours Free
Hundreds of people have purchased this 7-week email course on how to travel solo. It gets right into the details and even seasoned solo travelers say they get new tips from it.
Best of all, it's free to Insiders after three months of membership.
The Full List of Insider Benefits
There is so much more that we'd like to do for our solo travel community but are limited by both time and money. As the Solo Traveler Insiders grows, we'll be able to bring on an assistant and have the ability to deliver more.
Here are the current benefits of becoming an Insider.
- Speaker Series An exciting new speaker on the third Wednesday of every month. These will include travelers and travel experts from around the world.
- Input on Subjects & Speakers As an Insider, you'll have a say on what topics will be covered in our speaker series.
- Dinner Party Stories So much happens behind the scenes of Solo Traveler. Small victories as well as heartaches. Travel stories that just aren't appropriate for publication. The type of stories we share at dinner parties rather than on the website.
- Community Join a group of like-minded solo travelers and share your passion for travel in a private forum.
- Early Access You'll be the first to know about the special deals and contests we offer.
- Free Course After three months as a Solo Traveler Insider we'll send you the Wits & Wonder Travel Course, our 7-week course with our top advice on traveling solo.
- Virtual Meet-ups Casual chats with us and your fellow Insiders. Ask us questions, share stories, talk about travel and life.
- Public Acknowledgement Solo Traveler Insiders will be recognized on our Virtual Wall of Fame on Solo Traveler. The first 100 Insiders will forever be known as Founding Members.
How to Become an Insider
It's simple to become a Solo Traveler Insider. Contribute monthly or pay annually and get two months free.
- To become a Solo Traveler Insider, just click here.
- You will be taken to a page where you will see the three options and a “Join” button.
- Click the “Join” button for your preferred level and you can securely sign up for our monthly services and events. If you want to pay annually, click the line below the “Join” button.
We hope you'll join us! It will be a pleasure for us to deliver a more robust solo travel program, to share more of ourselves and our work, and to get to know you better.