Be part of an exciting new direction for Solo Traveler.
For over 10 years we've been:
- delivering travel tips and skill development for solo travelers.
- advocating on behalf of solo travelers, convincing more and more companies to waive the single supplement.
- writing about our trips to inform and inspire readers.
It's all been free. The content on the blog, our ongoing research to find companies that will treat solo travelers fairly, the Solo Travel Awards that we launched to encourage more companies to do the same, and our wonderful Solo Travel Society on Facebook: it's all been 100% free.
Now there's more on offer. From our incredible speaker series to the free Wits & Wonder Travel Course, the benefits of being a Solo Traveler Insider are many. It's great value. I hope you'll join us.
Insiders Get Speaker Expertise and Inspiration Every Month
Real, Meaningful and Sustainable Travel
Shivya shares stories from places you won't see on Instagram. She believes in slow and sustainable travel, embracing local ways of life, spending time with indigenous communities, exploring places off the beaten path and minimizing her environmental impact. Real, conscious, meaningful travel is her mode. Shivya will help us understand how we can be make our travel more meaningful and sustainable.
Shivya is recognized as a thought-leader about sustainable travel. In 2020 Conde Nast Traveller featured Shivya among Instagram accounts to follow if you care about the planet. In the same year, National Geographic Traveler (global edition) highlighted her work as a traveler of color smashing stereotypes. The Washington Post pointed to her as a travel influencer changing the way we think of the world. Shivya is behind The Shooting Star blog, author of The Shooting Star and founder of The Shooting Star Collection of sustainable, travel-inspired clothing that raises funds to grow forests in Uttarakhand.
Senior Solo Travel: Let's Share Our Knowledge and Advice
What was your favorite trip? What are your best tips? There is so much knowledge in this group. It's time for a meet-up. We'll tell stories, share anecdotes and the highs and lows of our travels. We'll share what we've learned to do and what we've discovered not to do. Everyone will leave the session inspired and a little more capable to travel solo.
Members Get Access to Our Full Video Library
After each speaker event we publish the video of the discussion in the Patreon community. It's the next best thing to being there.
Exclusive “Dinner Party Stories” Give you the Weird and the Wonderful of Our Travels
Some of our travel stories don't make it on the blog. They just don't fit the blog in terms of our mission to share information that others can use on their solo travels.
Ah, but they tend to be great for dinner parties when the banter turns to travel.
Every month we share one of these stories with the Insiders. They cover the weird, the wonderful, the exotic and the challenges of our travels. They are stories that bring our dinner companions to laughter, awe or amazement.
The Wits & Wonder Course Is Yours Free
Hundreds of people have purchased this 7-week email course on how to travel solo. It gets right into the details and even seasoned solo travelers say they get new tips from it.
Best of all, it's free to Insiders after three months of membership.
The Full List of Insider Benefits
Here are the current benefits of being an Insider.
- Speaker Series An exciting new speaker on the third Wednesday of every month. These will include travelers and travel experts from around the world.
- Input on Subjects & Speakers As an Insider, you'll have a say on what topics will be covered in our speaker series.
- Dinner Party Stories So much happens behind the scenes of Solo Traveler. Small victories as well as heartaches. Travel stories that just aren't appropriate for publication. The type of stories we share at dinner parties rather than on the website.
- Community Join a group of like-minded solo travelers and share your passion for travel in a private forum.
- Early Access You'll be the first to know about the special deals and contests we offer.
- Free Course After three months as a Solo Traveler Insider we'll send you the Wits & Wonder Travel Course, our 7-week course with our top advice on traveling solo.
- Virtual Meet-ups Casual chats with us and your fellow Insiders. Ask us questions, share stories, talk about travel and life.
- Public Acknowledgement Solo Traveler Insiders will be recognized on our Virtual Wall of Fame on Solo Traveler. The first 100 Insiders will forever be known as Founding Members.
How to Become an Insider
It's simple to become a Solo Traveler Insider. Contribute monthly or pay annually and get two months free.
- To become a Solo Traveler Insider, just click here.
- You will be taken to a page where you will see the three options and a “Join” button.
- Click the “Join” button for your preferred level and you can securely sign up for our monthly services and events. If you want to pay annually, click the line below the “Join” button.
We hope you'll join us! It will be a pleasure for us to deliver a more robust solo travel program, to share more of ourselves and our work, and to get to know you better.