Be part of the exciting new directions for Solo Traveler.
With the Solo Traveler Insider program we aim to deliver more of the information you want and need. At the same time, we want to support some of the truly extraordinary solo travelers out there, those on challenging grand adventures.
To Insiders we offer early access to special offers, travel stories that don't make it to the blog, digital products you would otherwise pay for, and a monthly speaker program with expert travel advice and inspiration. Plus, you'll get to guide the content of the Insiders through your feedback.
Why Become a Solo Traveler Insider?
There is so much more that we'd like to do for our solo travel community but are limited by both time and money. As the Solo Traveler Insiders grows, we'll be able to bring on an assistant and have the ability to deliver more.
Here are the current benefits of becoming an Insider.
- Speaker Series An exciting new speaker on the third Wednesday of every month. These will include travelers and travel experts from around the world.
- Input on Subjects & Speakers As an Insider, you'll have a say on what topics will be covered in our speaker series.
- Dinner Party Stories So much happens behind the scenes of Solo Traveler. Small victories as well as heartaches. Travel stories that just aren't appropriate for publication. The type of stories we share at dinner parties rather than on the website.
- Community Join a group of like-minded solo travelers and share your passion for travel in a private forum.
- Early Access You'll be the first to know about the special deals and contests we offer.
- Free Course After two months as a Solo Traveler Insider we'll send the Wits & Wonder Travel Course to the person of your choice.
- Public Acknowledgement Solo Traveler Insiders will be recognized on our Virtual Wall of Fame on Solo Traveler. The first 100 Insiders will forever be known as Founding Members.
The Future of Tours: Health, Safety and What Solo Travelers Can Expect
Escorted tours are great options for solo travelers, especially in these times when you might want someone to take responsibility for travel logistics should there be another lockdown. But what are tour companies doing to keep you safe on a tour with others and how are they handling the financial side of things so that your travel investment is safe as well? We're really pleased to have Terry Dale, president of the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), to answer our questions. He'll share with us health and safety standards and protocols that tour companies should be following. In addition, he'll suggest precautions to take to ensure you're booking with a tour company that is taking the proper care. And finally, of course, he'll speak to how tour companies will accommodate solo travelers going forward.
About Terry Dale
Terry Dale is the President and Chief Executive Officer
for USTOA. In this role he works with other leaders and decision makers in the travel industry to identify mutual
challenges and opportunities. He was part of an industry team that set health and sanitization guidelines specifically for tour operator members.
Become a Member to Access Our Video Library of Speakers
After each speaker event we publish the video of the discussion in the Patreon community. It's the next best thing to being there.
How to Become an Insider
It's simple to become a Solo Traveler Insider.
The cost is US$10 per month. You can cancel at any time. Or pay annually and get two months free.
- To become a Solo Traveler Insider, just click here.
- You will be taken to a page where you will see a “Join” button.
- Click the “Join” button and you can securely sign up for our monthly services and events. If you want to pay annually, click the line below the “Join” button.
We hope you'll join us as a Solo Travel Insider! It will be a pleasure for us to deliver a more robust solo travel program, to share more of ourselves and our work, and to get to know you better.