What Qualifies as a Vacation Package for the Solo Travel Awards
This category is for companies that design and promote vacation and travel packages specifically for solo travelers that include flights and accommodation and may include resorts, cruises and/or various activities. These packages are typically sold on a per-person, double-occupancy basis. Our goal is to recognize companies that develop and promote packages based on a true per-person basis without the double-occupancy requirement. There are two divisions within this category, one for companies with more than 500 offerings in 2018 and one for companies with fewer than 500 offerings in 2018.
Criteria for the Vacation Package Category
All nominees will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Whether they have developed and promoted packages for the solo market.
- How well they cater to solo travelers in terms of whether they apply a single supplement and how much is charged.
- Whether there are special services for solo travelers before or during trips.
In addition, there will be an opportunity to tell us in your own words about your commitment to serving the solo travel market.
Entry Deadlines and Fees
- Early entries are accepted until April 16th. The Early Bird entry fee is US$95/category.
- The final entry deadline is May 15, 2018. The entry fee is US$125/category.
- Payment is by Paypal or credit card using the Paypal platform.
The Selection Process
All nominations will be reviewed according to the criteria above. A shortlist of those that best meet the criteria will be delivered to our judges for final determination of the winner.