Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
Every Month A New List of Singles Group Travel Deals
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer zero Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge service. Plus, we boast the greatest number of custom-built single cabins in deluxe European cruising, including 43 single cabins (some with French balconies) on the refreshed m/s River Navigator, the world’s solo-friendliest ship!
- The Call Of The Wild: Summer on the Alaskan Coast 2020
- Essential Holland: Tulips in Spring 2020
- Best of Africa: South Africa, Zimbabwe & Botswana 2020
- Majestic Rivers of Europe Wine Cruise: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales 2020
Questions? Call 1-888-514-1845
Want to Travel for Free on your next journey or Earn $6,400? Ask us how.
Do you appreciate new cultures and exotic cuisine, ancient histories and heritage sites? Would you rather experience roads less travelled without compromising on comfort and avoiding the clutter of large tour groups? Perhaps you prefer women-only tours?
Incredible Indian Tours will challenge your senses and leave you wanting more with their unique and small (max 10 travellers) group tours through India, the Himalayan Kingdoms, Sri Lanka and Burma.
Discover the ‘hidden’ gems often missed by larger tour companies without compromising comfort. Enjoy these intoxicating destinations with local specialist guides and Western tour escorts who reside in and have travelled these regions extensively for over 26 years.
View our 2020 tour calendar, or any of our upcoming tours:
- Incredible Sri Lanka18 Aug – 4 Sep
- Essence of India 8-30 Oct
- Essence of India Women-only 3-25 Nov
- Incredible Gujarat 11-26 Nov
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Tour 30 Nov - 10 Dec
Often new, sometimes unexpected but always amazing is the Incredible Indian Tours guarantee.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On Seahorse II we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On Seahorse II and St Hilda, cabin-sharing is available.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar.
- We have a lot of new and exciting cruises, from 5 to 11 nights, exploring the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- * NEW cruises, some with art and photography tutors, through the Caledonian Canal, around the Isle of Mull, to the famous Isle of Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2019!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 45+ years’ experience creating over 600 Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, and 250,000 happy travelers, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
- Croatia, Land of Wine & History (April 14 – 24, 2020) – mention Solo Traveler for $150 off!
- A Taste of Northern Portugal (June 7 – 16, 2020) still has some spots available. Mention Solo Traveler for $100 off.
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: September 15-21, 2019, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 2019- April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: September 22-28, 2019 andJune 7-13, 2020, 6 nights
- ArtWalk Spain with Lapin: May 31-June 6, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention Solo Traveler.
This is THE Sicily trip! Join Pack A Fork! as we venture for 12 days through the wonderland that is Sicily. This is a fully-guided small group tour that focuses on the history, culture, architecture, art, wine and culinary world of Sicily. We'll do the must-see sites and have some off-the-beaten-path experiences + there will be plenty of free time to relax, go out on your own or with new friends. We’ll have guides who will travel with us and be joined by others expert in Sicily's history on the way. Accommodations are 4-star & 5-star. And we use a small private coach for transportation.
FLASH SALE (through May 20 only): Save $200 on a single room! Call 303-652-1535 or at email@example.com
Mad Campers is the best way to experience it! Comfort of a Campervan, convenience of a car. Our MAD1 is New Zealand’s first campervan designed specifically for solo travelers - offering you all the freedom of exploring in a campervan with the ease of driving a car.
Everything you need for your New Zealand road trip…
- Our self-contained campers come with all your bedding and a fully kitted kitchen - so it really is a home on wheels.
- Economic and easy to drive, which makes taking the scenic route more relaxing and affordable.
- 5 star service, because we’re travelers too and will do everything we can to give you the trip of a lifetime!
Have a real Kiwi experience with our Mad Challenge and get 5% off. Book now and get 10% off your New Zealand Adventure!
*Discount only valid for travel dates before 1st November 2019. Applies to daily rental cost.
Choose from over 100 trips and save* $100 when you book your first Explore trip from now until 31 May 2019 and quote 'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore'. The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Remote Trails Coastal of Portugal. Follow beautiful coastal walking paths to discover impressive cliff tops and quiet sandy beaches, sampling the delicious local seafood and wines in the evening.
- Amalfi Coast Walking. Explore the trails of the spectacular Amalfi Coast from clifftop hikes to woodland walks. You'll stay with an Italian family at their peaceful farm overlooking the Mediterranean and enjoy tasty home-produced organic food and wine.
- Highlights of Andalucía. Visit Granada, Seville and Cordoba along with spending a couple of nights off the beaten track in a traditional posada in a charming little village.
*To claim your US$100 discount quote “'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore” at time of booking. Only applicable to US residents booking their first small group Explore trip of 8 days or more duration booked in USD from 13-31May 2019 for travel commencing between 20May and 30Sep 2019. Not combinable with other discounts.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Fun, educational, and life-changing small-ship expeditions to some of the world’s most unique and remote destinations. Join us aboard the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour as we navigate the icy waters of the Northwest Passage, explore the coast of Labrador or circumnavigate Newfoundland.
Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour. Choose from some of our most-popular itineraries:
On board, enjoy presentations from foremost regional experts as we explore everything from local and international politics to arts, science, and culture.
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
Combine expertly-crafted itineraries and top-notch accommodations with unique people-to-people experiences. That simple formula has been working for over 37 years, guiding us as we've sent many thousands of delighted travelers all over the world. We truly believe that seeing the world is something that everyone should experience, so when you see the prices, believe them, because we’ve worked hard to make sure there are options for everyone! At Friendly Planet we're dedicated to creating a range of awesome experiences that connect people and cultures and enrich lives, delivered with personal attention and heart.
- NEW! Taste of South America: explore the wonders of South America from the urban vibes of Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires to the breathtaking views of Iguazu Falls on our 11 day, fully-guided small group tour with flights, hotels, many meals & so much more. Check it out here.
- Best of South Africa: the ultimate safari program! Johannesburg & Cape Town plus 3 drives in Kruger and a private conservancy. 13 day, fully-guided small group tour with roundtrip flights, upscale hotels, 19 meals & more! Check out the itinerary here.
- Taste of Thailand: the humming capital of Bangkok, historic Kanchanaburi & the River Kwai plus ancient Ayutthaya! Our 10 day, fully-guided small group tour includes flights, hotels, many meals & more! Learn more here.
Why choose Paris Personally?
- No single supplement. Everyone has a private room (so important in Paris where hotel rooms are small).
- Groups are limited to 10 people, so you get a more authentic Paris experience.
- Small groups also mean we never use tour buses or eat in restaurants catering to large groups of tourists.
- The best of both worlds with structured morning group outings and afternoons free. To help you plan your free time you’ll get a comprehensive booklet of city maps, a museum pass, a metro pass and, of course, our advice on what to do and how to do it. For trip itineraries, see our 2019 Small Group Trips page.
- And we have trips for both first-time and return visitors to Paris.
Visit Paris with full-time Parisians – long-time residents who know the city and who will show you more than just the touristy highlights. Stay in a centrally located boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy a more authentic Paris experience with Paris Personally. Click on the links below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
- Our September “A Week With the French” trip is filling fast! Sign up now!
- 2019 Small Group Trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours and pricing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Take in the stunning Taj Mahal, search for the elusive Bengal tiger or get off the beaten track in tranquil Kerala.
Plus, there’s no mandatory single supplement on most of our Signature group tours. We’ll match you up with another solo traveller of the same sex, so you don't have to pay extra! You can enjoy no compulsory single supplement on the following tours:
- Taj Traveller– 8-day tour covering Old and New Delhi, the Pink City of Jaipur and the iconic Taj Mahal
- Shere Khan– 10-day tour with safari drives to spot wild tiger and time to explore the magnificent Golden Triangle
- Captivating Kerala– 7-day tour visiting historic Fort Kochi and picturesque Munnar with a night aboard a houseboat.
Looking for an adventure elsewhere? Many of our award-winning Signature tours across the world also have no compulsory single supplements.
Sound good? Download a copy of our solo traveller brochure for more inspiration!
I offer small group tours with curated itineraries that utilize boutique and heritage properties that deliver 5-star service and exclusive experiences. With all logistics taken care of from the moment you arrive, you'll have lots of time to absorb the sights and sounds, the beauty, simplicity, and the enchanting chaos of India. I have personally chosen the accommodations and experiences based on my relationships with local tour guides and artisans over 15 years of exploring the sub-continent.
- Textiles of Kutch with Mumbai (October 12-19) This experience begins in Mumbai with some Bollywood fun before going on to workshops in the remote artisan villages of Kutch. Workshops include embroidery, block printing, and bandhini. Tour ends in the beautiful Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Royal Rajasthan with Diwali (October 19-28) Continue on with us in Udaipur as we wind our way through Royal Rajasthan. Celebrate Diwali in the pink city of Jaipur after 10 days of the best boutique accommodations that Rajasthan has to offer.
- Five Star Delhi with Taj Mahal (Oct 28 - Nov 1) This 5-star tour is for visitors who want to experience the Taj Mahal, as well as sunset and sunrise with exclusive hotels and Delhi experiences.
You can see the complete itineraries at: https://crackingindiatours.com/
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: email@example.com
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our Small Group Adventures or trip extensions. And we offer low-cost Single Supplements on all Small Ship Adventures. Our itineraries feature authentic cultural experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations—always in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14 by land and 22 by sea). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their adventures by adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, choosing their preferred airline, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Suez Canal Crossing: Israel, Egypt, Jordan & the Red Sea
- Panama Canal Cruise & Panama: A Continent Divided, Oceans United
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Silversea welcomes solo travelers aboard our intimate ships with an exclusive selection of voyages offering Silver Privilege Fares with no supplement added. Every voyage includes an exclusive welcome reception, making it easier to meet and mingle with other solo travelers. On select voyages, Make new acquaintances while enjoying the all-inclusive lifestyle of Silversea and exploring the authentic beauty of the world.
- Asian Voyage: Bali to Singapore- 13 Days
- Caribbean Voyage: Bridgetown to Fort Lauderdale- 11 Days
- Transoceanic Voyage: Fort Lauderdale to Lisbon- 12 Days
- Australia Voyage: Darwin to Broome-10 Days
A joyful 16-day journey for women ready to get away from it all! We celebrate women in a beautiful blend of luxury, cultural immersion, African spirituality and adventurous safaris. Enjoy special backstage access to a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, elite women visionaries, and many colorful village women. Walk in the rhythms of their lives. “This is one of the most unique tours out there.”
Immerse in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored. In one of Africa's safest countries, enjoy magnificent wildlife and unspoiled natural beauty on up to 6 safaris. Expect concierge services by expert tour host, Linda Higdon, who has worked with Kenya's women for 16 years, some of the warmest people on the planet!
Renew each day with time just for you! Enjoy Kenya's vibrant music culture. Rest easy, knowing English is spoken. We'll welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel.
Early Bird Prices Just Announced for 2020 includes a FREE BONUS SAFARI! Only
Encounter Travel takes 'alone' out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006 creating group tours and cruises for Australian solo travellers to destinations across the globe. Award Winner 2017 and 2018, The Solo Travel Awards, you'll come on board with a touring expert that is 100% dedicated to solo travel.
- Experience small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Experience age-matched travel groups
- What you see is what you get – all the best is included
- Proven track record, since 2006 we’ve led the way for solo travellers
- An Australian company welcoming solo travellers from all over the globe
- China Explorer with Yangtze Cruise. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. A 16 day tour including 3 night Yangtze River cruse.
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. A 20 day boutique small group tour package from Rome to Milan.
- Vietnam Highlights with Cambodia Extension Option. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. The best of Vietnam with a 15 day tour. Plus choose to extend and travel Cambodia.
- Discover North India with Kerala Extension Option. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. Amazing discovery including Varanasi. Choose to extend with a South India tour.
Visit Encounter Travel to see our full list Solos Only tours, cruises and resort packages, or contact us via email.
CALL US (during Sydney, Australia office hours):
From Australia TEL: 1300 653 692
From New Zealand TEL: 0800 653 692
From outside Australia & New Zealand: TEL: +61 2 9267 9979 or +61 2 8084 2834
Riviera River Cruises has added cruises exclusively for solo travelers in 2019 in both spring and fall, which allows guests to enjoy destinations without contending with summer crowds.
And these exclusive departures for solo travelers offer the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like-minded travelers, without paying a single supplement for any cabin or suite across the entire ship.
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways. None are older than 5 years. They feature: spacious exceptionally well-appointed cabins; no surcharges onboard -3 restaurants; complimentary room service for breakfast; shore excursions included
- Burgundy, The Rhone & Provence: November 4, 2019
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg: October 21, 2019
- The Blue Danube: November 1, 2019 and November 4, 2019
- The Douro, Porto & Salamanca: November 10, 2019
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.