Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
Every Month A New List of Singles Group Travel Deals
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
A passionate, reflective, joyful 16-day journey for women who feel pulled to Africa! This tour offers African luxury with cultural immersion. Enjoy special backstage access to a Nobel Prize nominee, elite women visionaries, and many colorful village women and children. Walk in the footsteps of their daily lives. Immerse in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored. In one of Africa's safest countries, enjoy unspoiled natural beauty on up to 6 safaris. Expect concierge services by expert tour host, Linda Higdon, who has worked with Kenya's women for 16 years, some of the warmest, kindest people on the planet! Renew each day with time just for you! Enjoy Kenya's vibrant music culture. Rest easy, knowing English is spoken. We'll welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel.
FREE BONUS SAFARI with Early Bird Prices ending in March. Book now! Trip is filling fast.
Riviera River Cruises has added cruises exclusively for solo travelers in 2019 in both spring and fall, which allows guests to enjoy destinations without contending with summer crowds.”
And these exclusive departures for solo travelers offer the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like-minded travelers, without paying a single supplement for any cabin or suite across the entire ship.
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways. None are older than 5 years. They feature: spacious exceptionally well-appointed cabins; no surcharges onboard -3 restaurants; complimentary room service for breakfast; shore excursions included
- Burgundy, The Rhone & Provence: October 14, 2019
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg: October 21, 2019
- The Blue Danube: November 4, 2019
- The Douro, Porto & Salamanca: November 8, 2019
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: September 15-21, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & September 27- October 4, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others June 21-27, 6 nights..
- ArtWalk Spain with Lapin: May 31-June 6, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention Solo Traveler.
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our small group adventures or trip extensions. We provide solo travelers with itineraries that feature authentic cultural experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations in the destinations that interest them most—all while traveling in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their adventures by choosing their preferred airline, adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
Zegrahm Expeditions, a leader in expedition travel, is waiving the solo supplement in select categories on two amazing small-ship voyages:
Treasures of Japan with South Korea April 12 – 28, 2019
Visit Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples, stroll through traditional gardens, photograph Miyajima’s red torii gate, and spend a full day in Gyeongju, South Korea.
Iberian Peninsula April 18 – May 3, 2019
Enjoy a private tour of the Alhambra, visit Barcelona’s iconic Sagrada Familia Church, and sample port wine and local delicacies in Porto.
100,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 70+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear.
Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings.
Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel18” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2019!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
- 7-Day Independent Package to Tokyo with flights, transfers, hotels and city tour; plus, plenty of free time to explore this incredible city! See the tour.
- 10-Day bucket-list trip to Egypt to Marvel at the Sphinx and the Pyramids plus 4nt Nile River Cruise from Aswan to Luxor! See the tour.
- 8-Day adventure to Discover Spain, including the energetic capital of Madrid plus Cordoba, Seville, Granada & the Alhambra! See the tour.
Experience Sri Lanka on a 14-day Journey Designed for Women Travelers - No Single Supplement
Discover Sri Lanka on a hosted small group tour that includes unique experiences and accommodation ranging from personal to luxurious. Visit Colombo, Sigiriya, Galle, Gal Oya National Park, the tea country and Kandy. A tour designed for women wanting to experience Sri Lanka with like-minded travellers and with the support of a group tour. A comfortable-paced tour with unique and engaging activities, beautiful accommodation and ample leisure time to relax and enjoy the tropical island of Sri Lanka.
- Highlights include Colombo sightseeing, Golden Temple of Dambulla, the impressive Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Kandy’s UNESCO Temple of the Tooth and historic Galle Fort.
- Featuring gentle walking tours, hands-on cooking class, plantation tour and tea tasting, boat safari, top UNESCO world heritage sites and a luxury beach stay.
- Priced at $5750 USD per person including a private room for every woman for the entire tour. NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. View the trip itinerary here.
- Book by April 1 and receive a 2-night room upgrade at Tangalle beach resort plus a complimentary spa treatment
If you love to experience the extraordinary about a place, uncover the less-visited - yet unique - sites of Italy and Australia, with a small group of 5-10 like minded travelers, Michela, the owner of Rocky Travel, has the right tour for you. She is an expert solo traveler and an author based in Italy, who has crafted each tour for a great local experience.
- Hiking in South Tyrol. Italy A Northern Dolomites’s tour with food & wine tastings, Jazz Festival’s concerts, coupled with a unique hiking adventure. 6 days, June 2019.
- Venice and surroundings. Explore the smaller islands of Venice, the ancient town of Vittorio Veneto. Walk in the Dolomites. Women-only-tour. 5 days, June 2019.
- Krk Island, Croatia. Discover Trieste’s easternmost city. Hike across stunning Karst landscapes with the peacefulness of the ocean bay. 6 days, Sept 2019.
- Walking Tour of Tasmania A women-only tour in a small group for outdoor enthusiasts who want to go hiking in Australia’s wilderness. 8 days, Feb 2020.
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 44 years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
Sound good? We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until June 30, 2020, when booked before January 30, 2019. Promo code: SoloAdventures2019. Not combinable with any other offer. A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers:
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
- First, there’s never a single supplement. Everyone has a private room (so important in Paris where hotel rooms are quite small).
- Speaking of small, our groups are limited to 10 people, so you won't feel like you're part of a herd. And we never use tour buses or eat in restaurants catering to large groups of tourists.
- You’ll get the best of both worlds with structured morning group outings and afternoons free. To help you plan your free time you’ll get a comprehensive booklet of city maps, a museum pass, a metro pass and, of course, our advice on what to do and how to do it. For more on trip itineraries, see our 2019 Small Group Trips page.
- And we have trips for both first-time and return visitors to Paris.
- Also, we’re full-time Parisians – long-time residents who know the city, so you’ll get more than just the touristy highlights.
- 2019 small group trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours and pricing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
If you’ve always loved the idea of a learning adventure by ship but aren’t sure about commercial cruises, we have the perfect experiences for you. In the spring of 2020, we’re casting off on a brand new collection of voyages aboard our first-ever floating campus, the Aegean Odyssey. The perfect level of comfort and amenities. Extraordinary educational experiences. And, of course, ship mates who love to learn as much as you do. We’ve thought of everything to ensure your time onboard is the best experience at the best value. Here’s you’ll love about our floating campus:
- Voyages 20% to 30% below the cost of most commercial cruises
- Expert-led field trips in every port of call for an in-depth experience
- Lectures from two onboard expert instructors on every departure
- Free round-trip airfare is available from many cities, plus worry-free transportation from the airport to the ship
- You can combine several of these unique itineraries for back-to-back learning adventures and save up to $1,000 per person!
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour. Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. Choose from some of our most-popular summer itineraries in Ireland, Scotland, Iceland to Greenland or even our High Arctic Explorer. It’s a great time be single!
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Scotland Slowly – the Magic of the Scottish Isles
- In the Wake of the Vikings – From Iceland to Greenland
- High Arctic Explorer
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar.
- We have a lot of new and exciting cruises, from 5 to 11 nights, exploring the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- * NEW cruises, some with art and photography tutors, through the Caledonian Canal, around the Isle of Mull, to the famous Isle of Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides
Save $100 on Your First Explore Adventure
Choose from hundreds of trips and save* $100 when you book your first Explore trip from now until 31 Mar 2019 and quote 'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore'.
The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Walks and Wine Tasting in Spain and Portugal. Travel from Madrid to Porto ventures through the Ribera del Duero region of Spain and the Douro winelands of Portugal. Sample regional vintages, explore national parks and stay in beautiful medieval towns.
- Highlights of Morocco. Experience the best of Morocco from the imperial cities of Marrakech, Fez and Meknes, with their vibrant souks, medinas and ancient Roman ruins, to the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains.
- Jordan Discovery. Discover the rugged beauty, delicious food and rich heritage of Jordan. Explore Petra in depth, sleep like a Bedouin in Wadi Rum and float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
*To claim your US$100 discount quote “'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore” at time of booking. Only applicable to US residents booking their first small group Explore trip of 8 days or more duration booked in USD from 11-31Mar 2019 for travel commencing between 01Apr and 30Sep 2019. Not combinable with other discounts.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
A TASTE OF SICILY Join a wine-loving group of travelers as we spend 10 days in four areas of Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu and surrounds, around Mt. Etna, and the west coast (Trapani, Erice and Marsala.) We visit wineries and food artisans, enjoy a cooking class or two, and eat a lot of wonderful Sicilian food. The dates: October 24 - November 3, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for a $150 discount off the tour.
SLOVENIA IN THE SPRING Slovenia is a beautiful country with lovely people, fantastic food and great wines. Not to mention the scenery. If you have been thinking about visiting this off-the-beaten-track country, consider the weeklong A Taste of Slovenia tour. The dates are April 20 – 27, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for $200 off!
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.