The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Intrepid Travel launches 6 new trips for solo travelers
What if you’ve got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over 50% of travelers on Intrepid Travel’s trips are traveling solo, and we’ve just launched 6 brand new solo-only departures on some of our most popular trips. We’ve got expert local leaders on tap to show you around, ready-made friends who are itching to explore (just like you), and as is the case in our 1,000+ tours, no single supplement at all with our room-sharing option but we can also provide you with a room all to yourself if you prefer. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport: we’ll handle the rest.
- Classic Peru – For Solo Travelers
- Mexico Real Food Adventure – For Solo Travelers
- Vietnam Express Southbound – For Solo Travelers
- Best of Morocco – For Solo Travelers
- Golden Triangle – For Solo Travelers
- Beautiful Bali – For Solo Travelers
Discover the world with our Signature difference of exciting days and comfortable nights with lots of authentic cultural experiences and sightseeing, plus 3-4 star accommodation including heritage properties. Explore the world stress-free with arrival airport transfers included as standard and a wide choice of guaranteed departures.
Enjoy the world accompanied by other like-minded travellers of mixed ages and nationalities, and our highly praised local guides.
Choose from over 20 destinations with our range of award-winning group tours to Egypt, India, Vietnam, Peru and many more top travel spots around the world. And with no compulsory single supplements on the majority of our Signature tours, we’re a great choice for solo travelers.
Simply quote SOLO TRAVELER BLOG at time of booking for $100 off your tour. Discount valid on Signature tours 8 days or longer departing in 2018. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Where Solo Travelers Are Going in 2018 With Overseas Adventure Travel
Why are so many travelers joining Overseas Adventure Travel independently? O.A.T. doesn’t charge a Single Supplement on adventures or trip extensions. We also provide solo travelers with authentic itineraries in the intimacy of a small group of no more than 10-16 travelers to the destinations that interest them most, including Botswana, Morocco, India, Japan, and Sicily. Plus, our local Trip Leaders are experts in making everyone feel safe and well cared for—even providing recommendations on how to spend free time. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2018?
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Heart of India
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
St Giles Hotels Offers up to 20% Savings Exclusively to Solo Travelers
Embrace the joy of traveling solo in London, Penang, New York, and Sydney with St Giles Hotels.
As a solo traveler you have more freedom to do what you want, when you want. Walk along the Millennium Bridge at dawn in London, Ride in a trishaw around the UNESCO-listed George Town in Penang, Soak in the view of the ocean at Bondi Beach in Sydney or Get lost in the labyrinth at Central Park in New York.
Whether it’s your first or your hundredth solo trip, Go Solo, Go St Giles and enjoy exclusive savings and amenities that cater to you the solo traveler.
- London – Up to 15% OFF + More
- New York City – 20% OFF + More
- Penang – Complimentary upgrade to Executive category with Club Benefits + More
- Sydney – Complimentary Daily Breakfast, Dining Voucher + More
Free Single Room Option on 20 Trips
Get a free single room option on 20 popular Explore trips if you book soon. Choose from exciting destinations including Mexico, Colombia, Jordan, Belarus, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. Availability is limited so make plans soon to take advantage of this offer. See full details of the Free Single Room Option offer.
Travel with Explore and you’ll get:
- The security of travelling with an Explore Leader and a small group of like-minded travelers.
- No compulsory single supplements.
- The chance to meet new people and make friends.
- Discovery, Walking, Cycling and Wildlife adventures.
See all Free Single Room Option trips and book by 20Dec 2017 to take advantage of this offer. Availability is limited and could sell out before the deadline so book soon to secure your single room.
We deliver experiential, authentic private tours in Aveyron and further afield, with just YOU in mind. Dates
Tours are 100% private
- You share your experience with like-minded people.
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- A maximum of eight guests at a time.
Tours are all inclusive
- All your costs are covered over the 10 days/9 nights of the trip such as pick-up at Rodez airport or train station, accommodation at Véronique’s house, regional wines handpicked and/or other beverages during meals, entry fees to museums, castles, exhibitions, gratuities, transportation, services of Véronique, your bilingual local guide, and personal driver.
- Véronique is local and fully bilingual. She lives on two continents. Through her approach and personal connections, she is able to provide insider perks.
- Véronique has the unusual ability to develop deep personal relationships combining trust and competency.
- She will make your tour enjoyable, relevant and effortless for you.
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife, and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 30, 2018, when booked before Jan 30, 2018. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 off!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,365 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,515 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135 pp
Whether you’re an experienced artist or keen to improve your creative skills…or if drawing & painting is something you’ve always wanted to try. Let Scotland inspire you! On our friendly, small group tours we welcome solo travelers from all over the world. Experience our beautiful country in an enjoyable and authentic way with Wild at Art!
Colours of Spring Painting Tour, Isle of Lewis & Harris (Outer Hebrides), 1-6 April 2018
We’ve grabbed the opportunity to put on an additional painting vacation in the Outer Hebrides. The artistic focus is on capturing the colours of Spring with pencil, ink and water colours as the island comes to life. This 6-day tour starts and finishes in Edinburgh and our accommodation base is on the Isle of Harris. Low single supplement. Bookings close 12 January 2018! Read more
PS…on a personal note: I (Ute Amann-Seidel, Director of Wild at Art) have one big ask: Encouraged by my own healing journey after getting widowed I’ve set up Fire & Rain Souls Spas, which are uplifting grief retreats in Scotland. If you know anyone who has been widowed quite recently, please tell them about Fire & Rain https://fireandrain.scot/ . Thank you!
Save time searching for no to low single supplements. Use our new, free patent-pending software tool, Solo Travel Pricing Tracker.
Find one-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 50% or more off.
Take advantage of off-season deals and advance sales:
90,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 60+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2018
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2018
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2018
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2018
Solo Travelers Meet the World!
“Women’s Journey to Kenya” in February 2018. A joyful, safe, insightful, passionate, 16-day journey for women growing into a new stage in their lives. Kenya is one of the safest countries in Africa and one of the most exhiliarating to visit. You’ll not only spend time with local women, you’ll stay in 4-star luxury,and see magnificent wildlife.
Watch the short video
Gallery– fabulous photos from previous trips
TWO TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Security Recommended: You’re Now Seeing this Whenever You Connect to Public WiFi
Hotel WiFi, coffee shop WiFi… they are all public and without a VPN you can have your identity stolen and your accounts hacked. I use StrongVPN when going on public WiFi to do anything financial. StrongVPN also allows me to watch Netflix when I’m out of the country and get around WiFi firewalls in countries that have them.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world! The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.