The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products that are great for solo travelers as they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Most tours are priced for two people which is called double occupancy. When a price specifies double occupancy there is usually a surcharge of up to 100% for those traveling alone. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.
And now, the deals, with no single supplement or low single supplement…
“This trip is the best way to travel single and never feel alone. Amazing trip of a lifetime!” – April, Sweetwater, TX
Join our intimate groups of maximum 12 people in Italy or Peru in 2017 to explore each country’s culture through their local cuisine. On a 9-day tour you’ll visit small family farms, try your hand at 2 cooking classes, taste a variety of local dishes, and dine in the world’s best restaurants. Your culinary experiences are paired with short walking and cultural tours led by locals who know their countries best.
Each tour includes boutique accommodations, private airport transfers, English-speaking guides, activities, and all meals except 2 dinners at your leisure. Explore all our inclusions at thetablelesstraveled.com
Save $300 when booking one of our 2017 Food Tours by May 1. Mention that you found us on Solo Traveler!
- Heart of Italy Food Tour May 27 – June 4 | Amalfi Coast – Tuscany – Emilia-Romagna
- Heart of Italy Food Tour September 2 – 10 | Amalfi Coast – Tuscany – Emilia-Romagna
- Taste of Peru and Machu Picchu Tour September 22 – 30 | Sacred Valley – Cusco – Lima
Experience China’s iconic highlights with NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS on selected 2017 or 2018 group tours
Is China on your travel wish list? Explore this fascinating country with Wendy Wu Tours, the leading US specialist tour operator to China.
We offer both air-inclusive and land-only escorted tours to China. Fully guided by our English speaking experts and in groups no larger than 29, You can truly discover its breathtaking sights. Plus… our award-winning tours include all meals, entrance fees, accommodation and visa fees for the ultimate hassle-free vacation!
Choose one of the China tours below and you’ll pay $0 single supplement – enjoy the comfort of your own room at no extra cost! You can choose to travel at any time in either 2017 or 2018, with flights included or not. Plus, save a further $50 if you pay by check or direct deposit!
- A China Experience– Shanghai, Xian and Beijing in 10 days
- In Pursuit of Pandas– Beijing, Xian and the Pandas at Chengdu in 9 days
- Glories of China– Li River Cruise from Guilin, Shanghai, Xian and Beijing in 14 days
- Majestic Yangtze– 4 night Yangtze Cruise, Chengdu, Shanghai, Xian and Beijing in 14 days
- Wonders of China– our most popular tour: see all the top highlights in 16 days
This is a Solo Traveler exclusive! To arrange for your single-supplement-free trip,
please call 1-877-993-6399.
Save up to $260 when you book any walking or trekking trip.
Choose from 170 Explore walking and trekking trips and save if you book soon.
Explore walking trips include easy going walks in Europe as well as more challenging treks in Africa, Asia and South America.
So if you’ve ever wanted to climb Kilimanjaro, walk the Camino de Santiago or just want a more active vacation, book a walking trip with Explore today and save up to $260 depending on the trip you choose. Simply quote ‘Solo Walking Offer’ when you book. Confirm your trip by 27 March to take advantage of this offer.
Also now’s the time to order your new Explore brochure for 2017. Bigger and better than ever get your free copy of the ultimate adventure travel catalog. Choose from the Worldwide, Cycling or new Walking and Trekking edition.
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 68% off.
- For savings and better travel, see our new TravelStyle weekly Blogs on how to travel light to save and be chic plus our “2017 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips”.
- On our website home page, sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week.
Take advantage of great off-season deals and advance sales for 2017!
- 8 Day Cruises Costa Rica and Panama Without Roughing it!
- From $2,2725 Affordable Pacific Northwest Cruises
- Hawaii Adventure Cruise-A Great Island Fantasy Not Just for Honeymooners!
- Panama Cruise-See Why Panama is Trending in 2017!
- World-Class Rocky Mountain Spring Skiing from $99
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar encompasses the best of the university experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
No single supplements on these Road Scholar educational travel adventures …
- Rim to Shore: Costa Rica Multi-Sport Adventure
- Independent Prague: Architecture and the Arts
- Perspectives of Peru: Discover Lima, Cusco, Yucay & Machu Picchu
- Scotland’s Highlands: A Stay at the Aigas Field Center
- The Essence of Bhutan
Get a free catalog at roadscholar.org/solo-traveler-blog
Linda Higdon hosts a women’s global journey filled with sheer joy and unexpected beauty! Your heart will move from restlessness to purpose. Linda has worked with Kenya’s women for 15 years and gives you exclusive access to people and places not offered by any other tour. Stay in first-class luxury and travel safely.
On our trip just finished in February, 8 open-spirited women joined us – ages from mid- forties to sixties – an attorney, banker, psychotherapist, interior designer, photographer, fundraiser, business woman and nurse. They all agreed with what one person said, “This was just the life-changing adventure I was looking for at this time in my life!”. Here are two photos from our trip:
Linda designed the tour to lift a woman’s heart. You’ll have plenty of time to personally sit, talk, and discover daily life with many beautiful Kenyan women. Get ready to celebrate in the villages! Hear stories from women shaping contemporary Kenya. Breathe in traditional dance, song, and artistry! See magnificent African wildlife only found here. Romp with spirited, loving children. Retreat to 4- star comfort at the end of each day. Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya’s bustling capital and diplomatic hub. We’ll be waiting to welcome you and whisk you away to the Fairview Hotel, a beautiful historic British lodge near the City Centre. Temperatures are perfect for our July 2017 tour! We are a small-group tour of 10 plus staff.
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales 2017
- Best of Africa: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia 2017
- Iceland Adventure: Circumnavigating the untamed – 2018
- Cuba: The People & Culture 2017
- Essential Holland: Tulips In Spring 2017
- Culinary Delights & Historic Treasures on the Seine
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
$150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide with NO Solo Supplements!
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10. With over 42 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 likeminded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until March 28th 2018 when booked before April 1st 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 discount!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast– 8 days from $1,085 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast– 8 days from $1,165 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu– 9 days from $1,465 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,235 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,285 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $1,935 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Africa Lunar Moon Photo Safari with George Kourounis – 21 days from $4,645 pp
Whether it’s sleeping under the stars in the Sahara, experiencing local village life in India, witnessing a spectacular sunrise at Halong Bay in Vietnam, or simply kicking back on a relaxing Nile Cruise in Egypt, there are lots of wonderful experiences to be had travelling with On The Go Tours.
Immerse yourself in a truly authentic local experience on our guided group tours, where you’ll be adventuring alongside an international mix of English-speaking travellers. With an average size of just 18, it always makes for a fun and eclectic holiday for singles.
And now, solo travellers can choose to have their own room, supplement-free. Join one of the tours listed below and you can book a single room at no additional charge. We are launching this deal, exclusively on Solo Traveler, on a selection of our most popular tours to Egypt, India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Russia, Thailand, China, Morocco, Nepal and Jordan. With the comfort of your own room at no extra cost, solo travel just got a whole lot easier and affordable!
With lots of inclusions, an excellent range of 3-5 star hotels & boutique properties, private transfers and fabulous English speaking local guides, our tours represent unbeatable value.
Quote ST-OTG-17 when booking.
Full trip details are available here and we have abolished single supplements on selected dates for the following destinations when you use the coupon code ST-OTG-17 at check out:
- India Choose from over 25 departure dates on a selection of classic tours, including popular Holi and Diwali festival departures.
- Egypt The treasures of Ancient Egypt await. Choose from over 25 departure dates on a selection of our most popular tours.
- Asia Discover the best of Asia on our trips to Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Thailand, China and Nepal.
- Middle East and North Africa In addition to Egypt, visit Marrakech & the Sahara in Morocco as well as the stunning Rose City of Petra in Jordan.
- Russia See the best of Moscow and St Petersburg on a selection of tour dates on our ever popular Vodka Shot trip to Russia.
Rocky Mountaineer’s Go Solo offer makes traveling solo even more desirable as you relax in luxury with unparalleled views of springtime in the Canadian Rockies. Onboard this memorable train journey, you will enjoy the company of fellow travelers, wind through lush rainforests, gaze at snow-capped mountains, and catch glimpses of wildlife.
Whether traveling alone or with a friend or relatives, the Go Solo offer has you paying the per person double occupancy rate. Translation? Your journey offers more value than ever before.
And with Canada’s 150th birthday just around the corner, there couldn’t be a better time to explore the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest. Promotion valid on Rocky Mountaineer vacation packages of five days or more departing in April or May of 2017. Hurry and book a qualifying package by May 15, 2017 to take advantage of this unique offer.
Aboard the 199-Passenger Ocean Endeavour
Sable Island’s wild horses are world-famous, but there’s so much more to this remote sand island off the coast of Nova Scotia. The world’s largest colony of grey seals breeds here, as does the rare roseate tern and the endemic Ipswich sparrow, among many birds of note. Amid the island’s forty-two kilometres of beaches, dunes, and bogs you’ll find a plethora of plants: from iris, to sundew, to wild berries in abundance. Whales and sharks ply the nearby waters.
Sable Island’s history includes shipwrecks and salvage; sealing and walrus hunting; rescue and research. Still, the horses remain the island’s most charismatic residents. Free to roam, they represent one of the world’s last wild equine populations and their spirited antics are truly a sight to behold. Now protected as Canada’s forty-third national park, Sable Island offers an experience unlike any other.
Artful Wellness Retreats for Solo Travelers
Unique in the world of wellness travel, Artful Retreats uses art to help mindfulness, get self-awareness and achieve positive growth.
Think of these retreats as little escapes to rediscover and rejuvenate yourself using your own creativity.
From morning yoga, to inspiring artists, to walks through iconic landscapes all wrapped up with charming accommodations and delicious meals.
Join us in Crete on May 20 to 27. Shared rooms from 3,300 Euros or $3,400.
Or join one of the other programs in Switzerland or Asia. Learn more
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.