Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
100+ Solo Travel Trips Updated Monthly
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
The Only List of Singles Group Travel Deals that We Know of. Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
It’s late, but not too late to book an adventure for this year. There are still some great adventures to be had but you’ll need to book soon as availability is limited
Here are the Top 40 Trips for Procrastinators that have a few spaces remaining for getaways before the year ends.
- On Foot in Northern Cyprus. Explore a less well known region of the Mediterranean. Follow quiet, flower-rich mountain trails and discover imposing ruined castles, with stunning cobalt sea backdrops.
- Best of Northern Thailand. A cultural journey into the heart of Thailand, explore ruined temples, and spend a night on a jungle raft house.
- Simply Vietnam. Experience the best of Vietnam in just 10 days including Hanoi, Hoi An and the Mekong Delta.
See all the Top 40 Escapes for Procrastinators
Book soon and you can enjoy an adventure with a small group of like-minded travelers with No single supplements required.
A “TravelDriver” is an exceptional, high-quality, English-speaking private and personal driver-guide who is a “local” in your travel destination, and has, as his or her top priority, the goal of creating an amazing travel experience for you and your companions.
TravelDrivers are so much more than just chauffeurs. They also serve as companions, chaperones, interpreters, tour guides, coaches, security guards and even ambassadors, showing you hidden “insider secrets” and teaching you less obvious info about the area, the people and their culture, while sharing local legends and stories and inevitably becoming more like a friend— often for life!
- TravelDriver Defined
- We currently have drivers available in these countries but we will work on any area in the world outside the US
- Benefits of using TravelDrivers for a safe, secure and protected holiday!
- Frequently Asked Questions
call +1 (626) 775-7743 for further information www.
If you love to experience the extraordinary about a place, uncover the less-visited - yet unique - sites of Italy and Australia, with a small group of max 10 like-minded active travelers, Michela, the owner of Rocky Travel, has the right tour for you. She is an expert solo traveler and an author based in Italy, who has crafted each tour for a great local experience.
- Best of Sicily Tour Explore Sicily on an active trip and see iconic places as well as off-the-beaten-path sites, while tasting the fabulous Sicilian food and wine.
- From Venice to the Dolomites See Vittorio Veneto, near Venice, nestled in the Prosecco Hills and enjoy wine tastings, and a day-hike in the Dolomites.
- Hiking in the Dolomites Tour the Dolomites starting from Bolzano South Tyrol, with a food and wine tour, and go hiking in national parks.
- Walking Tour of Tasmania Join a small group of keen walkers, who will be hiking Tasmania’s best wilderness site: the Three Capes Track.
Solo Kiwi Ventures host custom tours and retreats for women who dream of getting out of their comfort zone but need some encouragement or have no one to travel with.
We offer a range of trips, from a rejuvenating retreat in Bali to an active adventure in Bali and the Gili Islands. Our curated itineraries give you time to soak up the amazing locations, embrace the culture and have fun with your new friends.
Book now to enjoy an affordable and stress-free adventure with a small group of like-minded ladies (max 8) There is no single supplement on any of our trips and payments plans are available.
- Bali Rejuvenate Retreat: 9-16 May 2020, 7 nights in Ubud, Bali. Tailored for the more mature ladies. Unwind with daily yoga and immerse yourself in some of Bali’s best cultural and wellness activities. Relax by the pool before heading out for delectable cuisine over a cocktail and a have laugh with your new friends.
- Bali & Gili Islands Explore: 16-30 May 2020. 14 nights. Soak up the beaches in Canggu, mingle with monkeys in Ubud, snorkel the crystal clear waters of the Gilis.
Sign up for our newsletter here and receive exclusive discounts only available to members
For enquiries contact: Sharon McLean email@example.com or by phone at: +64 274335637
Why Paris Personally?
- Small groups– maximum 10 people for a more enjoyable experience.
- No single supplement.Paris hotel rooms are small, so you’ll be happy to have a private room!
- Authentic Paris experiences. No tour coaches, no tourist restaurants.
- Both structured group outings and free time each day.
- 6-day museum pass, 7-day metro/bus pass, city and metro maps, and insider tips from your full-time Parisian guide.
- Reserve now to get your 2020 trip at the 2019 price!
Stay in the center of Paris in a boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy an authentic Paris experiencewith your bilingual, full-time Parisian guide who knows the city inside and out. Click below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
- Registration for “Christmas in Paris” is closing soon. Book today!
- Our 2020 trips are all open for registration. Get in now at 2019 prices!
- Are you more Must-See Paris or A Week With the French?
- See why our clients love our small group trips.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Cyber Monday Sale: Save 50% on our already low Single Supplement
Do you love food and have a passion for travel? There’s no better way to make genuine connections with locals than through their cuisine. Visit sizzling food stalls of Vietnam. Dine farm-to-table in Cuba. Cook with local chefs in Japan.
Solo-friendly small groups (12 max!) include women-only tours, low single supplements, and optional room sharing. Flexible itineraries offer ample time for socializing, relaxing, and exploring on your own. Recommended by Fodor’s, Travel+Leisure, and National Geographic Traveler.
Where are Access Culinary Trips' solo travelers headed?
- Tuscany: Treasures of the Tuscan Sun - 5 Days
- Barcelona & Beyond: A Movable Feast - 7 Days
- Croatia: Culinary Pearl of the Adriatic - 8 Days
- Morocco: Savory Spices & Souks - 9 Days
Holiday space is still available! Browse all of our food tours worldwide.
Our tours are tasty, and we're sweetening the deal even more for Cyber Monday. Save 50% on your single supplement when you book by December 2, 2019 and travel by December 31, 2020. Use promo code: CYBERSOLO50
I come alive when I travel, when I’m exploring and when I’m seeing, tasting and feeling something new. I love to help other women experience this sensation as I feel it helps us see a larger world of possibilities within ourselves. Girls’ Guide to Paris & Beyond is an invitation to travel with me in a small group (no more than 12) and explore another part of the world while we explore another part of ourselves.
- Wabi Sabi Tour of Japan: March/April 2020: Experience Cherry Blossom season & enter Japanese culture from a Zen Point of View
- 3-Country Tour: May 2020: Spring in Alsace, France, Freiburg & the Black Forest during white Asparagus season + the artistic side of Basel Switzerland with a local
- Life at the Chateau Sept. 2020 Sip some of the world’s best white & red wines while residing in your very own private Chateau (with a moat) for a week in the glorious Burgundy region of France.
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our Small Group Adventures or trip extensions. And we offer low-cost Single Supplements on all Small Ship Adventures. Our itineraries feature authentic people-to-people experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations—always in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14 by land and 22 by sea). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their experiences by adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, choosing their preferred airline, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2020?
- New! Ancient Egypt & the Nile River
- Egypt & the Eternal Nile by Private, Classic River-Yacht
- Suez Canal Crossing: Israel, Egypt, Jordan & the Red Sea
- Machu Picchu & the Galápagos
- Enhanced! Japan's Cultural Treasures
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: May 31-June 6, 2020- 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy. Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece. Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France. French Riviera: June 7-13, & September 27- October 3, 2020 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy, Umbria: May 25-31, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention solo travelerworld.com.
Riviera River Cruises offers many departures in 2020 exclusively for solo travelers which allows guests to enjoy their cruises without paying any single supplement.
All major European waterways are included offering guests the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like- minded travelers .
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways – none older than 6 years. Spacious, exceptionally well-appointed cabins – no surcharges on board, 2 restaurants, complimentary room service for breakfast, shore excursions included.
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg - Oct. 31, 2020
- Burgundy, Rhone & Provence - ar. 31, Apr. 16, Jul. 28, Aug.18, Oct. 22 & Nov. 3, 2020
- The Blue Danube - Mar. 27, Apr. 17, May 23, Jul. 4, Oct. 16 & Nov. 2, 2020
- Douro, Porto, & Salamanca - Nov. 8 & 13, 2020
- The Seine, Paris & Normandy - March 31, 2020
Friendly Planet crafts journeys that reﬂect how we love to travel. It's not about checking things oﬀ a list. We're passionate about getting to know and love other cultures, making new friends and getting beyond day-to-day boundaries. Then, after an exhilarating day exploring, we still enjoy a good night's sleep in a great hotel with modern amenities. With Friendly Planet, you don't have to choose between cultural immersion and comfort.
- Authentic Havana| 5 days: fully-guided legal tour that puts you face-to-face with the wonders that Cuba has to offer! Learn more.
- A Taste of Malaysia, Borneo & Bangkok| 14 days: Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Borneo with Bako National Park (Semenggoh Orangutan Center!) & Batang Ai, plus Bangkok. Learn more.
- Athens & 4 Day Greek Isles Cruise| 9 days: Athens' incredible history then four day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi & Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini & Crete! Learn more.
Grapehops - Winner of the 2019 Solo Travel Award for Specialty Tours!
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
Sign up now for a 2020 tour and get a Solo Traveler discount!
- Croatia, Land of Wine & History (April 10 – 24, 2020) – mention Solo Traveler for $150 off!
- A Taste of Northern Portugal tour (June 7 – 16, 2020) has just a few spots available, but this tour usually sells out early. Mention Solo Traveler for $100 off.
- GrapeHops tour in Catalonia in Northeast Spain (September 24 – October 3, 2020) is a wonderful immersion in one of Europe’s most beautiful areas. Mention Solo Traveler for $150 off.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company. Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Imperial Cities with Oberammergau Passion Play: This trip comes along only once a decade. Delve into Budapest, Vienna and Prague, the Imperial Cities of Central Europe, and experience traditional entertainment and the epic Oberammergau Passion Play that comes around only once a decade – May through October 2020 only. Limited availability.
- Discover Croatia, Slovenia and the Adriatic Coast - Dive into one thousand years of Croatian history as you explore its medieval cities, tranquil lakes, and charming local villages.
- Countryside of Emerald Isle – Visit Ireland and have rollicking fun as you journey along some of the world’s most scenic roads set beside emerald green rolling hills.
- Icelandic Adventure – Set out to discover Iceland’s adventurous landscapes and rich cultural heritage. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls to coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
- Italy’s Treasures: Art, Food and Wine – The romance of Italy comes to life on this culinary and cultural adventure that will take you from medieval masterpieces to lively markets.
Exodus Travels wants to help you be your best self this year whether you’re at home or abroad. We’re giving you up to $500 off small group and self-guided tours to help you chase your dreams and achieve your travel goals this year. With over 45+ years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours, we have something for every style of traveler. Plus, over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo so you can rest easy knowing you’ll be traveling with 8-16 like-minded travelers with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia – 14 days
- India: Colors of Rajasthan – 13 days
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On both Seahorse II and Gemini Explorer we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On all three small ships cabin-sharing is available.
- Discover Scotland by Land and Sea. Now booking for 2020 and 2021.
- Two NEW 10 nights cruise to the Magical Outer Hebrides (Lewis, Harris and Shiants). Departure dates 24th May 2020 and 15th July 2020.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- For available dates, take a look at our 2020 calendar and 2021 calendar. Cruises vary between 3 and 11 nights.
Do you appreciate new cultures and exotic cuisine, ancient histories and heritage sites? Would you rather experience roads less travelled without compromising on comfort and avoiding the clutter of large tour groups? Perhaps you prefer women-only tours?
Incredible Indian Tours will challenge your senses and leave you wanting more with their unique and small (max 10 travellers) group tours through India, the Himalayan Kingdoms, Sri Lanka and Burma.
Discover the ‘hidden’ gems often missed by larger tour companies without compromising comfort. Enjoy these intoxicating destinations with local specialist guides and Western tour escorts who reside in and have travelled these regions extensively for over 26 years.
View our 2020/2021 tour calendar, or any of our upcoming tours:
- Essence of India Women-only 23 days 8th Feb and 15th Oct
- Big Cats of India Wildlife & Heritage Tour 20 days 22nd Mar
- Ladakh & Kashmir – Top of the World tour 22 days 17th Jun
- Heritage Rajasthan 16 days 1st August
- Incredible Sri Lanka 18 days 29th August
Often new, sometimes unexpected but always amazing is the Incredible Indian Tours guarantee.
Encounter Travel takes ‘alone’ out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006, creating group tours and cruises for solo travellers to destinations across the globe.
2020 new season tours released including new tours to Greece, Turkey, and more.
- Small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Age-matched travel groups
- Welcoming solo travellers from all over the world
- Discover Peru. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over
- Explore Sri Lanka. Under 39’s
- Icons of Eastern Europe. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over
- African Safari. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over (Please link to 8 )
Travel with an intimate group of no more than 14 people led by June Morrocco who lived for 10 years in Sperlonga, a beautiful coastal town halfway between Rome and Naples, also known as the "The Pearl of the Mediterranean." It's best known for the Roman Emperor Tiberius' villa and the recently excavated sea grotto. Sperlonga is a wonderful place to have a true Italian lifestyle experience.
You'll stay 14 nights in Sperlonga at Marconi's, a charming B&B overlooking magnificent sunsets and the vast expanse of the sea. June, who speaks Italian fluently, will share her love and knowledge of the area. You'll take fascinating day trips to close-by local villages, Rome, Pompei, Positano on the Amalfi Coast and the island of Ponza. You’ll enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy. And much more. Get ready for The Trip of a Lifetime.
2020 Trips– May 4th-19th, May 18th-June 2nd, September 1st-16th, September 15th-30th.
For further information please contact June Morrocco at (971) 706-9328 or at email@example.com
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2020!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
New Tour Announced!
Our 2020 Rajasthan and Gujarat Small Group Women's Tour is now available for booking. Join us for a wonderful journey to the "Heart of India". We will begin our tour in Delhi, and end with the iconic Taj Mahal. Two internal flights are included in the cost of the tour as we fly from Delhi to Udaipur and then travel overland to Gujarat, where we will visit tribal artisan villages and celebrate the famed Navratri festival in Gujarat. You can access all the details of this tour here.
You may sign up for the Cracking India Newsletter here
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: crackingindiatours@gmail.
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2020 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Fun, educational, and life-changing small-ship expeditions to the Arctic and Atlantic Canada.
Navigate the icy waters of the Northwest Passage, explore the coast of Labrador or circumnavigate Newfoundland.
On board, enjoy presentations from foremost regional experts as we explore everything from local and international politics to arts, science, and culture.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour.
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer Free Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge.
- Nordic Splendor: A Coastal Adventure in Norway - 2020
- On Safari in Keny & Tanzania: Up Close with the Big Five - 2020
- Switzerland, The Heart of the Rhine & Moselle - 2020
- Majestic Rivers of Europe Wine Cruise: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales - 2020
Last Call for Free Single Supplement 2019 Journeys — including Holiday departures!
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.