Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
100+ Solo Travel Trips Updated Monthly
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
The Only List of Singles Group Travel Deals that We Know of. Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
- Best of Sicily Tour Explore Sicily on a round trip and see all iconic places of this fascinating island, plus some amazing off-the-beaten-path towns and naturalistic treasures. 9 nights, 10 days. May 2020.
- From Venice to the Dolomites From Venice to the heritage town of Vittorio Veneto, nestled in the Prosecco Hills. Wine Tastings. Walks and sightseeing. Day-hike in the glorious Dolomites. 3 nights, 4 days, July 2020.
- Hiking in the Dolomites A tour of the Dolomites starting from Bolzano. 4 nights and 5 days, Dates t.b.a. in June 2020. The second Hiking Trip is a Hut-to-Hut Trip t.b.a in Sept 2020.
- Walking Tour of Tasmania A women-only tour in a small group of outdoor enthusiasts who will be hiking in Australia’s best wilderness: The Three-Capes-Track. 5 nights, 6 days, February 2020.
WOMEN'S JOURNEY TO KENYA FEBRUARY and JULY 2020 –A once-in-a lifetime luxury adventure for a woman’s heart! Celebrate women! Discover the little-known treasures of Africa in a 16-day cultural immersion into the lives of women, while enjoying all the comforts of premier 4-star hotels. Walk in the footsteps of a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, elite visionaries and colorful village women. Take adventurous safaris and enjoy local art and culture. Immerse in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored. Expect concierge services by expert host, Linda Higdon, who has worked 16 years with Kenya's women, giving you exclusive access! Renew with time just for you! Rest easy, knowing English is spoken. We welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel. FREE BONUS SAFARI with Early Bird Prices.
Experience the trip now! Take a Virtual Tour
Write to Linda@Globaheartjourneys.net for details.
With over 45+ years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours, Exodus is thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new Exodus Quests. Led by renowned explorers, authors, photographers and documentary filmmakers – and a thirst for adventure – roam to the furthest reaches of the globe on these transformative quests. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
- Thai Indochina Explorer with George Kourounis – 15 days
- Highlights of Northern India with Jeff Fuchs – 9 days
- Norway Arctic Lights & Whales with Jill Heinerth – 5 days
- Southern Africa Cape Town to Vic Falls – 20 days
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On both Seahorse II and Gemini Explorer we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On all three small ships cabin-sharing is available.
- All guests who book an October 2019 cruise will now receive an extraordinary 35% discount! Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal cruise (6 nights) now from £942 instead of £1450. Simply quote STW19 when booking.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar. Cruises vary between 3 and 11 nights.
- NEW Scottish Island golfing, whisky and wildlife cruise, first departure April 2020 for 8 nights
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
Solo Travelers: Save $100 on Delicious Guided Vacations
Do you love food and have a passion for travel? There’s no better way to make genuine connections with locals than through their cuisine. Visit sizzling food stalls of Vietnam. Dine farm-to-table in Cuba. Cook with local chefs in Japan.
Solo-friendly small groups (12 max!) include women-only tours, low single supplements, and optional room sharing. Flexible itineraries offer ample time for socializing, relaxing, and exploring on your own. Recommended by Fodor’s, Travel+Leisure, and National Geographic Traveler.
Where are Access Culinary Trips' solo travelers headed?
- Tuscany: Treasures of the Tuscan Sun - 5 Days
- Barcelona & Beyond: A Movable Feast - 7 Days
- Croatia: Culinary Pearl of the Adriatic - 8 Days
- Morocco: Savory Spices & Souks - 9 Days
Culture. Cuisine. Connection. Browse all of our food tours around the world.
Our tours are tasty, and we're sweetening the deal even more just for solo travelers. Save $100 when you book by December 31, 2019 and travel by December 31, 2020. Use promo code: Solo2020
Friendly Planet crafts journeys that reﬂect how we love to travel. It's not about checking things oﬀ a list. We're passionate about getting to know and love other cultures, making new friends and getting beyond day-to-day boundaries. Then, after an exhilarating day exploring, we still enjoy a good night's sleep in a great hotel with modern amenities. With Friendly Planet, you don't have to choose between cultural immersion and comfort.
- Authentic Havana| 5 days: fully-guided legal tour that puts you face-to-face with the wonders that Cuba has to offer! Learn more.
- A Taste of Malaysia, Borneo & Bangkok| 14 days: Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Borneo with Bako National Park (Semenggoh Orangutan Center!) & Batang Ai, plus Bangkok. Learn more.
- Athens & 4 Day Greek Isles Cruise| 9 days: Athens' incredible history then four day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi & Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini & Crete! Learn more.
Women of the World Travel creates small hand-crafted tours designed specifically for women travellers. Our tours are safe, comfortable and fascinating journeys in which you'll discover some of the most exotic places in the world. Every tour is an adventure replete with unique experiences only available on our small groups. You'll enjoy low single supplements, superior first class & boutique local hotels in central areas. We include much that other tours only offer at additional cost. We focus on 3 main pillars for every tour: sustainable, responsible and purpose-driven travel experiences.
Dreaming of Paris at Christmas? Join us for a magical week you’ll never forget.
Why Paris Personally?
- Small groups– maximum 10 people for a more enjoyable experience.
- No single supplement.Paris hotel rooms are small, so you’ll be happy to have a private room!
- Authentic Paris experiences. No tour coaches, no tourist restaurants.
- Both structured group outings and free time each day.
- 6-day museum pass, 7-day metro/bus pass, city and metro maps, and insider tips from your full-time Parisian guide.
- Reserve now to get your 2020 trip at the 2019 price!
Stay in the center of Paris in a boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy an authentic Paris experiencewith your bilingual, full-time Parisian guide who knows the city inside and out. Click below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
- Our “Christmas in Paris” trip is filling up fast! Book now to avoid missing out!
- Our 2020 trips are all open for registration. Get in now at 2019 prices!
- Are you more Must-See Paris or A Week With the French?
- See what our clients have to say.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Fun, educational, and life-changing small-ship expeditions to the Arctic and Atlantic Canada.
Navigate the icy waters of the Northwest Passage, explore the coast of Labrador or circumnavigate Newfoundland.
On board, enjoy presentations from foremost regional experts as we explore everything from local and international politics to arts, science, and culture.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour.
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
I come alive when I travel, when I’m exploring and when I’m seeing, tasting and feeling something new. I love to help other women experience this sensation as I truly feel it helps us see a larger world of possibilities within ourselves. Girls’ Guide to Paris & Beyond is an invitation to travel with me to explore another part of the world while we explore another part of ourselves.
- Castles & Christmas Markets Tour, 2019: 6 nights, Explore the magical region of Alsace, France and re-discover the true meaning of the season. Must book by October 16th! Act now!
- Wabi Sabi Tour of Japan, Spring 2020: 6 nights, Experience Cherry Blossom season & enter Japanese culture from a Zen Point of View
- 3-Country Tour: Spring 2020: 7 nights, Spring in Alsace, FR, Freiburg & the Black Forest during white Asparagus season + the artistic side of Basel Switzerland all with a local.
New Tour Announced!
Our 2020 Rajasthan and Gujarat Small Group Women's Tour is now available for booking. Join us for a wonderful journey to the "Heart of India". We will begin our tour in Delhi, and end with the iconic Taj Mahal. Two internal flights are included in the cost of the tour as we fly from Delhi to Udaipur and then travel overland to Gujarat, where we will visit tribal artisan villages and celebrate the famed Navratri festival in Gujarat. You can access all the details of this tour here.
You may sign up for the Cracking India Newsletter here
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: crackingindiatours@gmail.
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve always loved the idea of a learning adventure by ship but aren’t sure about commercial cruises, we have the perfect experiences for you. In the spring of 2020, we’re casting off on a new collection of voyages aboard our first-ever floating campus, the Aegean Odyssey. The perfect level of comfort and amenities. Extraordinary educational experiences. And, of course, shipmates who love to learn as much as you do.
We’ve created a collection of unique itineraries designed to explore the world’s most compelling destinations, including Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Italy, France, Portugal, Egypt and more — including two brand-new Grand Odyssey voyages!
Here’s what you’ll love about our floating campus:
- Voyages 20% to 30% below the cost of most commercial cruises
- Expert-led field trips in every port of call for an in-depth experience
- Lectures from two onboard expert instructors on every departure
- Free round-trip airfare from many cities, plus worry-free transportation from the airport to the ship
- Combine back-to-back learning adventures and save up to $1,000 per person!
CONTACT: In the US & Canada (800) 454-5768. Outside of US & Canada 1-978-323-4141 or by email at email@example.com.
To receive our Catalog click here
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2020!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Do you appreciate new cultures and exotic cuisine, ancient histories and heritage sites? Would you rather experience roads less travelled without compromising on comfort and avoiding the clutter of large tour groups? Perhaps you prefer women-only tours?
Incredible Indian Tours will challenge your senses and leave you wanting more with their unique and small (max 10 travellers) group tours through India, the Himalayan Kingdoms, Sri Lanka and Burma.
Discover the ‘hidden’ gems often missed by larger tour companies without compromising comfort. Enjoy these intoxicating destinations with local specialist guides and Western tour escorts who reside in and have travelled these regions extensively for over 26 years.
View our 2020/2021 tour calendar, or any of our upcoming tours:
- Incredible India 6-29 Feb
- Essence of India Women-only 8 Feb-1 Mar
- Big Cats of India Wildlife & Heritage Tour 22 Mar - 10 Apr
- Ladakh & Kashmir – Top of the World tour 17 Jun – 8 Jul
Often new, sometimes unexpected but always amazing is the Incredible Indian Tours guarantee.
Make a new booking for almost any 2020 Explore trip between now and 02November 2019 and save 5%.
Mention promo code “Early bird 2020” to claim your discount.* For full details of offer go to www.exploreworldwide.com
Plus take a look at 25 new Explore trips you can experience in 2020.
- The Five Stans of The Silk Road. Travel along ancient Silk Road routes and discover Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Highlights of Lebanon and Jordan. Uncover the best of Lebanon and Jordan. Learn about the fascinating ancient histories of these two Middle Eastern countries.
- Iceland Northern Lights Adventure. Stay in the heart of Iceland's Golden Circle and see the best of what Iceland has to offer from the comfort of our custom-built yurts.
Book now to enjoy an adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Want to meet people while traveling? With Eatwith, you go where the locals are. Pull up a seat at a dinner party in an elegant Paris home, take a sushi cooking class in Tokyo or discover secret food gems in San Francisco with your local host. Eatwith is the best way to get a real taste of a city and meet people from around the world!
- NEW YORK: An authentic Uruguayan barbecue & cocktails in Brooklyn
- PARIS: A quintessential French dinner in Montmartre
- BARCELONA: La Boqueria market tour & organic cooking class:
- LONDON: Interactive gourmet dinner in an art gallery (link:
- ROME: Food walk & shopping tour around the Vatican markets (link
- Want to see Eatwith in action? Watch our solo traveler Linda uncover a new side to New York
To find out more or receive personalized experience recommendations, contact Eatwith on firstname.lastname@example.org. *$10 discount cannot be used on gift cards, private events or other ongoing offers
Solo Kiwi Ventures host custom tours and retreats for women who dream of getting out of their comfort zone but need some encouragement or have no one to travel with.
We offer a range of trips, from a rejuvenating retreat in Bali to an active adventure in Bali and the Gili Islands. Our curated itineraries give you time to soak up the amazing locations, embrace the culture and have fun with your new friends.
Book now to enjoy an affordable and stress-free adventure with a small group of like-minded ladies (max 8) There is no single supplement on any of our trips and payments plans are available.
- Bali Rejuvenate Retreat: 9-16 May 2020, 7 nights in Ubud, Bali. Tailored for the more mature ladies. Unwind with daily yoga and immerse yourself in some of Bali’s best cultural and wellness activities. Relax by the pool before heading out for delectable cuisine over a cocktail and a have laugh with your new friends.
- Bali & Gili Islands Explore: 16-30 May 2020. 14 nights. Soak up the beaches in Canggu, mingle with monkeys in Ubud, snorkel the crystal clear waters of the Gilis.
Sign up for our newsletter here and receive exclusive discounts only available to members
For enquiries contact: Sharon McLean email@example.com or by phone at: +64 274335637
A “TravelDriver” is an exceptional, high-quality, English-speaking private and personal driver-guide who is a “local” in your travel destination, and has, as his or her top priority, the goal of creating an amazing travel experience for you and your companions.
TravelDrivers are so much more than just chauffeurs. They also serve as companions, chaperones, interpreters, tour guides, coaches, security guards and even ambassadors, showing you hidden “insider secrets” and teaching you less obvious info about the area, the people and their culture, while sharing local legends and stories and inevitably becoming more like a friend— often for life!
- We currently have drivers available in these countries
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Travel Driver Defined
Contact: JANET GREY | 323-719-
If you see exactly what you have in mind for your journey on our website -www.valuetravelandtours.com, we're thrilled ! If not, please give us a call as we are highly skilled in creating tailor-made travel arrangements to suit a variety of interests and budgets. With decades of experience between us (and a sense of good humor), you’ll find that we take care of the smallest of details and thoroughly prepare you for the adventure that awaits.
Extend this journey to include Egypt or Turkey/
- Egypt - 7-Days (with Nile Cruise) ONLY $495 p/p sharing
- Istanbul Turkey - 7-Days ONLY $495 p/p sharing
- Cape Town South Africa - 7-Days ONLY $495 p/p sharing
- Jordan - 7-Days ONLY $695 p/p sharing
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company. Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Imperial Cities with Oberammergau Passion Play: This trip comes along only once a decade. Delve into Budapest, Vienna and Prague, the Imperial Cities of Central Europe, and experience traditional entertainment and the epic Oberammergau Passion Play that comes around only once a decade – May through October 2020 only. Limited availability.
- Discover Croatia, Slovenia and the Adriatic Coast - Dive into one thousand years of Croatian history as you explore its medieval cities, tranquil lakes, and charming local villages.
- Countryside of Emerald Isle – Visit Ireland and have rollicking fun as you journey along some of the world’s most scenic roads set beside emerald green rolling hills.
- Icelandic Adventure – Set out to discover Iceland’s adventurous landscapes and rich cultural heritage. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls to coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
- Italy’s Treasures: Art, Food and Wine – The romance of Italy comes to life on this culinary and cultural adventure that will take you from medieval masterpieces to lively markets.
Belgium, The Netherlands & Copenhagen: Culture & Cuisine - April 17-30-2020
Join Pack A Fork! on an springtime exploration through these three countries when the flowers are in full bloom. We’ll take in the history, culture, architecture and off-the-beaten-path sites. Experience traditional Belgian & Dutch cuisine and the New Nordic cuisine that’s put Copenhagen on the map as a culinary destination!
Morocco: The Land, History, Culture & Cuisine - September 3-18, 2020
Join Pack A Fork! through the wonderland that is Morocco. We’ll travel through this North African country, its dramatic coastline, breathtaking mountains and sweeping deserts and its hundreds of faces and sounds - all ready to welcome you!
Contact Pack a Fork at 303-652-1535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our Mailing List here
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer Free Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge.
- Nordic Splendor: A Coastal Adventure in Norway - 2020
- On Safari in Keny & Tanzania: Up Close with the Big Five - 2020
- Switzerland, The Heart of the Rhine & Moselle - 2020
- Majestic Rivers of Europe Wine Cruise: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales - 2020
Last Call for Free Single Supplement 2019 Journeys — including Holiday departures!
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our Small Group Adventures or trip extensions. And we offer low-cost Single Supplements on all Small Ship Adventures. Our itineraries feature authentic people-to-people experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations—always in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14 by land and 22 by sea). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their experiences by adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, choosing their preferred airline, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2020?
- New! Ancient Egypt & the Nile River
- Egypt & the Eternal Nile by Private, Classic River-Yacht
- Suez Canal Crossing: Israel, Egypt, Jordan & the Red Sea
- Machu Picchu & the Galápagos
- Enhanced! Japan's Cultural Treasures
Travel with an intimate group of no more than 14 people led by June Morrocco who lived for 10 years in Sperlonga, a beautiful coastal town halfway between Rome and Naples, also known as the "The Pearl of the Mediterranean." It's best known for the Roman Emperor Tiberius' villa and the recently excavated sea grotto. Sperlonga is a wonderful place to have a true Italian lifestyle experience.
You'll stay 14 nights in Sperlonga at Marconi's, a charming B&B overlooking magnificent sunsets and the vast expanse of the sea. June, who speaks Italian fluently, will share her love and knowledge of the area. You'll take fascinating day trips to close-by local villages, Rome, Pompei, Positano on the Amalfi Coast and the island of Ponza. You’ll enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy. And much more. Get ready for The Trip of a Lifetime.
2020 Trips– May 4th-19th, May 18th-June 2nd, September 1st-16th, September 15th-30th.
For further information please contact June Morrocco at (971) 706-9328 or at email@example.com
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: May 31-June 6, 2020- 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 2019- April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: June 7-13, & September 27- October 3, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy, Umbria: May 25-31, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention solo travelerworld.com.
Riviera River Cruises offers many departures in 2020 exclusively for solo travelers which allows guests to enjoy their cruises without paying any single supplement.
All major European waterways are included offering guests the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like- minded travelers .
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways – none older than 6 years. Spacious, exceptionally well-appointed cabins – no surcharges on board, 2 restaurants, complimentary room service for breakfast, shore excursions included.
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg - Oct. 31, 2020
- Burgundy, Rhone & Provence - Nov. 4, 2019 v Mar. 31 & Nov. 3, 2020
- The Blue Danube - Nov. 1, 2019 v Mar. 27 & 30, Apr. 3 & Nov. 2, 2020
- Douro, Porto, & Salamanca - Nov. 8 & 13, 2020
- The Seine, Paris & Normandy - March 31, 2020
Looking to travel to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Bhutan, but overwhelmed by the sheer planning of it all? Let us handle it for you -- every step of the way. You’ll experience these incredible destinations with peace of mind.
Crimson Asia is a bespoke trip planning service for travels to the South Asia region. With our extensive knowledge and personal experiences, we design and plan travel programs based on your interests and preferences. Along with our trusted local travel partners, we give you experiences that are fun, unique, safe, inspirational, memorable and transformational.
Here are some of our travel programs:
- Culinary Tours - Explore different cultures and cuisines, learn new cooking techniques, visit spice plantations and bazaars. Check out our culinary programs to North India, Goa and Sri Lanka. Programs available for groups of min. 4 persons.
- India- We have travel programs covering places like Golden Triangle, Rajasthan, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Rishikesh, Amritsar, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Kerala, in fact, we cover the entire country! Tell us where you want to travel, and we will help to design and plan your trip.
- Sri Lanka- Sri Lanka is an incredible place to visit! Experience Sri Lankan heritage & culture, food, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, beaches and tea plantations.
- Nepal- Nepal is one of the world’s great travel destinations – a small but diverse country packed with ancient temples, tropical jungles, picturesque valleys and Himalayan views all within a short distance of each other. An unforgettable experience!
Low single supplements! For queries/bookings of our travel programs, please email Kathleen Poon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2020 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Encounter Travel takes ‘alone’ out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006, creating group tours and cruises for solo travellers to destinations across the globe.
2020 new season tours released including new tours to Greece, Turkey, and more.
- Experience small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Experience age-matched travel groups
- Welcoming solo travellers from all over the world
- Discover Peru. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over. A small group just for solo travellers, visiting the best of Peru including Machu Picchu
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. From Rome to the Lakes. Super small group boutique tour.
- Icons of Eastern Europe. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. All the best from Russia, through the Baltic states, ending in Vienna
- Discover Turkey. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over. From Istanbul to the Aegean Coast including Gallipoli, with option to visit Cappadocia
CALL US (during Sydney, Australia office hours): From Australia TEL: 1300 653 692. From New Zealand TEL: 0800 653 692 From outside Australia & New Zealand: TEL: +61 2 9267 9979 or +61 2 8084 2834
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.