The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person trygis to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar is the best kind of travel experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
- Exploring Nicaragua: Colonial Towns to Countryside
- Voyages to Antiquity: Jamaica to Cuba
- The Best of Croatia: A Coastal Voyage by Yacht
- Winter Adventures in Jackson Hole: Dog Sleds, Snowshoes and Sleighs
- Exotic Burma: Ancient Kingdoms and Hidden Temples on the Irrawaddy River
Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing – Unmatched Security & Function For All Of Your Solo Adventures!
70,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 45+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year.
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 68% off.
- For savings and better travel, see our weekly blogs plus our new TravelStyle blogs on traveling light and in style. See also our “2017 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips” and on our home page sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week.
It’s not too late for summer and fall 2017 top solo travel deals:
Escape to Off the Beaten Path Europe From $79
Classic US Old West & 21st Century History From $179
Croatia Cruises from $680 + Fabled Dubrovnik
5 Star Asian Spa from $96/Night in August
Costa Rica and Latin America 11 Top Solo Travel Deals
Pay No Single Supplement Fees on Upscale Adventures Worldwide!
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you always have to explore alone and at additional cost! International Expeditions small-group adventures are the ideal way for solo travelers to enjoy engaging, educational and upscale experiences while benefiting from safe, escorted travel to the world’s wild regions.
Select cabins on every cruise to the Peruvian Amazon, Galapagos Islands and Cuba — plus all safaris to Namibia, Botswana and Zambia — are available with no single supplement fees!
Why travel with IE?
- 20% of our guests are solo travelers!
- Award-winning ecotravel to more than 20 countries.
- 37 years of pioneering immersive experiences in Earth’s wildest regions.
- Authentic encounters with local cultures.
- Exhilarating & absorbing activities such as hiking, birding, kayaking & snorkeling.
- The world’s best naturalist guides & expedition leaders.
- Comfortable accommodations & delicious food in the wild.
- Just by traveling with IE, you are helping to support The Nature Conservancy’s work in over 65 countries & all 50 United States!
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2017
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2017
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2017
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2017
Win A Trip A Year For Life & $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
Exodus Travels is thrilled to tell Solo Traveler readers that they want to send one lucky person on One Trip. Every Year. For Life. All you have to do is pick your top 3 adventures at www.WinATripForLife.com – it’s that simple! In addition, enjoy $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and they have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 4-16 likeminded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 31, 2018 when booked before Sept, 30, 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other special offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 discount):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Highlights of Morocco – 15 days from $1,165 pp
- Cycling Vietnam – 14 days from $1,985 pp
- Botswana Safari Wilds & Wilderness – 14 days from $2,785 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar – 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Walking the French Riviera – 8 days from $1,435 pp
- Natural Highlights of Costa Rica – 9 days from $1,905 pp
If you’re a woman who wants purpose in her travel, you’ll love this trip!
Join the “Women’s Journey to Kenya” in February 2018, created for women who are looking for purpose in travel. In this 16-day adventure, you will spend a lot of time with Kenyan women and children, discovering life in the heart of villages, tea fields and cities. And each night you’ll retreat to 4-star luxury and delicious cuisine. Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. Feel completely safe and secure with your expert host and reputable drivers who are always there for you!
Delight in Kenya’s artistry, jewelry, music, and timeless traditions! Enjoy deep bonds with other travelers and the Kenyan women. See magnificent wildlife!
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi airport, then whisk you away to the beautiful Fairview Hotel, a historic British lodge. There is limited space available for our February 2018 small-group tour so book now! By the way, temperatures are perfect in February for this tour.
North Atlantic Saga — Jun 21–Jul 1, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation — Jun 30–Jul 10, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation – Jul 9–19, 2018
Greenland & Wild Labrador — Sep 18–Oct 2, 2018
Newfoundland Circumnavigation — Oct 2–12, 2018
Adventure Canada offers complimentary single supplements on select cabins in categories 3 thru 7 on the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour. Have your own cabin and save up to 20% on the berth cost when you book back-to-back expeditions on Ocean Endeavour voyages only. Sail the North Atlantic isles—from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and Iceland—before circumnavigating the land of fire and ice. Or join us as we sail the hidden wilds of Labrador and experience the legendary hospitality of Newfoundland. Experience landscapes unlike any other on earth, search for wildlife in its spectacular habitats, and engage with local culture and history. All voyages feature an expert resource staff, daily shore visits via Zodiac, onsite interpretations, an onboard lecture series, and the amenities of a boutique hotel.
Join the expedition specialists for the trip of a lifetime—twice over!
*Please note that once these cabins are sold, the single supplement fee is 1.5 times the berth cost.
Other featured award-winning expedition cruises:
At Out’n About Travel we specialize in LGBT travel. We are dedicated to working with travel suppliers that promote properties whose business practices, company culture, and employee policies ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for LGBT travellers and their allies. We understand the value of smart and sensitive service for individuals more often ignored than catered to. Over time, Out‘n About Travel has evolved into a boutique agency whose clients span the corporate and individual market, and includes a commitment to meeting the needs of the LGBT community. We work with you to understand your travel needs and trip objectives. We prepare detailed and organized itineraries, using our training, experience and commitment to exceed your expectations.
We love Europe for its history, architecture and culture (oh, and the food), but are just as thrilled to travel through the United States to play golf at the famous Dinah Shore event or hike through Joshua Tree Park in beautiful California. No matter where your destination is, or whether you’re planning a solo journey or a group trip, you will benefit from our own love of travel.
Outn’ About Travel (204) 985-9200 – #travelinspiration #travelsolo_notalone #outnabouttravel
Free Single Rooms for Solo Travelers
Travelling solo is now even better value with Explore offering a single room option totally free on 23 trips when you book by 31 July 2017. Choose from a selection of trips popular with solo travellers and get your own room – at no additional cost – just quote ‘solo traveller offer’ at time of booking to receive your free single room option worth up to US$860.
On average, around half the participants on an Explore small group adventure trip will be travelling solo. Though numbers vary from trip to trip, more and more people are deciding to travel solo. Accompanied by an Explore Leader, you’ll be joining like-minded travellers from various countries to share incredible experiences around the world, so you’ll never walk (cycle, or explore) alone.
Trips included in this offer include
Sacred Land Of The Incas. Discover the highlights of Peru including majestic Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Arequipa, and visit Lake Titicaca
The Lost Continent. Explore Madagascar, a unique island habitat for exotic wildlife including many species of endangered lemur.
Shogun Trail. An action-packed journey through Japan by high-speed rail.
Buddha’s Island. Uncover Sri Lanka’s ancient cities, rock carvings and gilded temples, including its rich Buddhist history and culture. Other highlights include the spectacular Hill Country, wildlife-filled national parks and tropical coastline.
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you’re traveling alone
Since 2002, World Nomads has helped over 1 million avid travelers like you explore their world with confidence. Whether you’re planning an epic trip 6 months from now, or you’re already on the airplane, World Nomads is here to make every adventure the best it can be.
World Nomads Travel Insurance is always a great value for solo travelers.
With World Nomads as your traveling companion you get:
- Top-rated travel insurance – 24/7 emergency assistance, medical cover, trip cancellation & more
- Travel safety – Advice, alerts and essential travel information for every trip
- Insider’s guides – Discover the most adventurous travel destinations in the world
- A global travel community – Tap into the travel knowledge of more than 91,000 travelers from 129 countries
- To make a difference – Support the communities where you travel with optional micro-donations
Read Janice’s post, Going Alone? Travel Insurance is a Must, in which she does a price comparison showing the value of World Nomads travel insurance.
Note: Our age limits on certain products go as high as 70 and we’re looking to go higher!
Best Solo Vacations for Single Travelers
To encourage solo travel, tours from Classic Journeys have the lowest single supplements you’re likely to find anywhere. We only pass along the extra cost hotels charge us, instead of marking it up to make extra profit from you.
“Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe.” – Travel + Leisure
Our attention to details makes the difference.
- England: London, Cotswolds & Stonehenge, a real, rich cultural experience.
- Croatia’s Istrian Peninsula Walking Tours, The Romans called it Terra Magica. Travel experts say it’s “like Tuscany 30 years ago.”
- Italy: Tuscany and the Cinque Terre Tours, walking tours that also include savouring the region’s food and wine.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.