The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products that are great for solo travelers as they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Most tours are priced for two people which is called double occupancy. When a price specifies double occupancy there is usually a surcharge of up to 100% for those traveling alone. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.
And now, the deals, with no single supplement or low single supplement…
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar is the best kind of travel experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
- Exploring Nicaragua: Colonial Towns to Countryside
- Voyages to Antiquity: Jamaica to Cuba
- The Best of Croatia: A Coastal Voyage by Yacht
- Winter Adventures in Jackson Hole: Dog Sleds, Snowshoes and Sleighs
- Exotic Burma: Ancient Kingdoms and Hidden Temples on the Irrawaddy River
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 68% off.
- For savings and better travel, see our weekly blogs plus our new TravelStyle blogs on traveling light and in style. See also our “2017 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips” and on our home page sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week.
It’s not too late for summer and fall 2017 top solo travel deals:
Cruises From $680 + New Wellness Sailings Through France
Charming Metro Rome, Italy B&B From $67/Night
Latin America: Adventures, Ecotours or Just Beaches From $49/Night
Alaska-10 Different Ways for a Summer Holiday
5-Star Exotic Istanbul from $117 Summer 2017
Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing – Unmatched Security & Function For All Of Your Solo Adventures!
70,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 45+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year.
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
Pay No Single Supplement Fees on Upscale Adventures Worldwide!
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you always have to explore alone and at additional cost! International Expeditions’ small-group adventures are the ideal way for solo travelers to enjoy engaging, educational and upscale experiences while benefiting from safe, escorted travel to the world’s wild regions.
Select cabins on every cruise to the Peruvian Amazon, Galapagos Islands and Cuba — plus all safaris to Namibia, Botswana and Zambia — are available with no single supplement fees!
Why travel with IE?
- 20% of our guests are solo travelers!
- Award-winning ecotravel to more than 20 countries.
- 37 years of pioneering immersive experiences in Earth’s wildest regions.
- Authentic encounters with local cultures.
- Exhilarating & absorbing activities such as hiking, birding, kayaking & snorkeling.
- The world’s best naturalist guides & expedition leaders.
- Comfortable accommodations & delicious food in the wild.
- Just by traveling with IE, you are helping to support The Nature Conservancy’s work in over 65 countries & all 50 United States!
North Atlantic Saga — Jun 21–Jul 1, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation — Jun 30–Jul 10, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation – Jul 9–19, 2018
Greenland & Wild Labrador — Sep 18–Oct 2, 2018
Newfoundland Circumnavigation — Oct 2–12, 2018
Adventure Canada offers complimentary single supplements on select cabins in categories 3 thru 7 on the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour. Have your own cabin and save up to 20% on the berth cost when you book back-to-back expeditions on Ocean Endeavour voyages only. Sail the North Atlantic isles—from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and Iceland—before circumnavigating the land of fire and ice. Or join us as we sail the hidden wilds of Labrador and experience the legendary hospitality of Newfoundland. Experience landscapes unlike any other on earth, search for wildlife in its spectacular habitats, and engage with local culture and history. All voyages feature an expert resource staff, daily shore visits via Zodiac, onsite interpretations, an onboard lecture series, and the amenities of a boutique hotel.
Join the expedition specialists for the trip of a lifetime—twice over!
*Please note that once these cabins are sold, the single supplement fee is 1.5 times the berth cost.
Other featured award-winning expedition cruises:
Save $140 on select summer Explore trips
Choose from 100 adventures departing this summer and save up to $140 if you book today 19 June 2017. If you need a little more time to commit the following trips will have reduced prices for few more days.
Highlights of Old Castile. An action packed trip in Spain combining classic cities with beautiful countryside. You’ll see Avila, Toledo and Segovia. Plus enjoy wine and tapas in Madrid.
Highlights of Puglia, the Amalfi Coast and Naples. A great introduction to southern Italy. You’ll eat pizza in one of Naples’ most historical pizzerias, enjoy wine tasting in Matera and burn off the calories on one of the best coastal walks in the world, the Walk of Gods, on the Amalfi coast.
Historic Baltic Republics. Discover Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Explore the maze of cobbled streets in Tallinn, visit the lively local market in Riga and admire the beautiful architecture and baroque churches in Vilnius. Plus visit picturesque fishing villages and sample delicious local cuisine on the way.
Undiscovered Balkans. Explore three fascinating countries on this two-week trip to Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia. This is a region that is off the beaten track that most travelers still know little about. Discover rich history and dramatic scenery including beautiful Lake Ohrid.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure this summer with a small group of like minded travelers. No single supplements required.
At Out’n About Travel we specialize in LGBT travel. We are dedicated to working with travel suppliers that promote properties whose business practices, company culture, and employee policies ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for LGBT travellers and their allies. We understand the value of smart and sensitive service for individuals more often ignored than catered to. Over time, Out‘n About Travel has evolved into a boutique agency whose clients span the corporate and individual market, and includes a commitment to meeting the needs of the LGBT community. We work with you to understand your travel needs and trip objectives. We prepare detailed and organized itineraries, using our training, experience and commitment to exceed your expectations.
We love Europe for its history, architecture and culture (oh, and the food), but are just as thrilled to travel through the United States to play golf at the famous Dinah Shore event or hike through Joshua Tree Park in beautiful California. No matter where your destination is, or whether you’re planning a solo journey or a group trip, you will benefit from our own love of travel.
Outn’ About Travel (204) 985-9200 – #travelinspiration #travelsolo_notalone #outnabouttravel
Experience the best of Southeast Asia with NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS on select 2017 or 2018 Escorted Group Tours with Wendy Wu Tours
We offer both air-inclusive and land-only escorted tours to Asia. Fully guided by our English speaking experts and in groups no larger than 29, you can truly discover it’s breath-taking sights. Plus, our award-winning tours include all meals, entrance fees, accommodation and visa fees for the ultimate hassle-free vacation! Choose from our range of Classic group tours or our Discovery tours for a more culturally-immersive and active experience.
Book an escorted group tour through December 31, 2018 and you’ll pay $0 single supplement – enjoy the comfort of your own room at no extra cost! You can choose to travel at any time in either 2017 or 2018, with flights included or not. Plus, save a further $50 if you pay by check or direct deposit.
- Angkor to the Bay – 16 day tour of Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Saigon, Hoi An, Halong Bay, and more
- Thailand & Laos Adventure – 16 day tour of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Luang Prabang, the Kuang Si Waterfalls, and more
- Around Cambodia – 15 day tour of Phnom Penh, Kep, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap, and more
- Vietnam at a Glance – 12 day tour of Saigon, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, and Halong Bay
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you’re traveling alone
Since 2002, World Nomads has helped over 1 million avid travelers like you explore their world with confidence. Whether you’re planning an epic trip 6 months from now, or you’re already on the airplane, World Nomads is here to make every adventure the best it can be.
World Nomads Travel Insurance is always a great value for solo travelers.
With World Nomads as your traveling companion you get:
- Top-rated travel insurance – 24/7 emergency assistance, medical cover, trip cancellation & more
- Travel safety – Advice, alerts and essential travel information for every trip
- Insider’s guides – Discover the most adventurous travel destinations in the world
- A global travel community – Tap into the travel knowledge of more than 91,000 travelers from 129 countries
- To make a difference – Support the communities where you travel with optional micro-donations
Read Janice’s post, Going Alone? Travel Insurance is a Must, in which she does a price comparison showing the value of World Nomads travel insurance.
Note: Our age limits on certain products go as high as 70 and we’re looking to go higher!
$150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide with NO Solo Supplements!
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 likeminded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until March 28th, 2018 when booked before June 30th, 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 discount!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast– 8 days from $1,085 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast– 8 days from $1,165 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu– 9 days from $1,465 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,235 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,285 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $1,935 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2017
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2017
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2017
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2017
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.