Every month the Solo Traveler Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies. Here are just a few:
- Women's Journey to Kenya
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals and Fairy Tales 2019
- Cruise the Scottish Islands
- Galapagos cruises
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Walk Amalfi coast
Buy Now or Find Inspiration to Buy Later
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Every Month A New List of Group Trips for Solo Travelers
Explore Colombia with other travellers your age, and make a positive impact on the places you visit? Join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2019!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia. We focus on getting you away from tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia. Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
We offer 1 and 2 week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing? Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book a trip by end JAN 2019.
- Seasons of Magic in Yosemite: Splendor in the Sierra Nevada
- Choose Your Pace: A Hiking Adventure on the Appalachian Trail
- An Ozark Experience: Music, Arts and History
- Bike Virginia Creeper Trail: Nature in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Learning at Lake Geneva
Whether you are flying solo this time around, or just booking your own private room on a group tour with friends or family, we have the perks and experience to make your trip exceptional
- 7 Day Tour to Cuba’s historic Havana and the Scenic Viñales Valley: See the Tour
- 11 days, 3 countries, 3 icons: Cape Town, jewel of South Africa; Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; 4 world-class safaris in Chobe, Botswana: See the Tour
- 10 Day Discovery the Adriatic including Croatia & Slovenia with Venice: See the Tour
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Swim with sea lions and penguins, bask in the sun with marine iguanas…. Over 50 small expedition cruise ships ply Galapagos waters. Empty berths remaining 90 days or less prior to the sailing date get posted on GalapagosCruiseLinks by the ship owners. Up to 50% off regular prices. Browse availabilities and contact owners directly – no intermediaries. Start a conversation with them and find a ship best suited to your needs.
Not ready yet? Sign up here to get notified when a deal that meets your criteria is posted.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
Edible Destinations is where travelers discover their culinary inspirations through unique, world-wide cooking vacations and culinary getaways. Learn the delicious secrets of regional cuisines, enjoy intimate foodie tours, visit the markets, taste premium wines and immerse yourself in hands-on cooking classes. From culinary weekends to cooking vacations, you’ll find the perfect recipe for adventure at EdibleDestinations.com. Click Here to see special offers. Or click one of the destinations below:
- Flavors of Loire Valley. 35% Discount and no Single Supplement. This tour is designed as an introduction to the Loire Valley, seen through the eyes of an epicurean – great food, world-class wines and immersive experiences.
- Culinary Adventures in the Yucatán. 45% Discount and no Single Supplement. A luxurious Yucatán holiday flavored with Mayan Culture and Cooking. Roll up your sleeves at this fabulous hacienda to cook alongside the talented staff, and visit some of the most important Mayan archaeological sites. Welcome to the Mundo Maya!
- A Taste of Abruzzo. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. From the heart of the Apennine Mountains to the Adriatic Sea, you will experience old-world cultures and unique, regional cuisines. Learning to cook Italian food is no longer just a dream.
- Athens and Aegina Island Culinary Adventure. 50% Discount and no Single Supplement. A food lover’s foray through Athens and the Greek Island of Aegina. Your culinary adventure provides the opportunity to experience one of the most colorful, historic and food-centric cultures on Earth.
- Flavors of Santa Fe, New Mexico. No Single Supplement. Save over $700! Enjoy luxury accommodations just a few blocks from the Plaza, dine on authentic New Mexican cuisine, participate in a hands-on cooking class, and indulge in a guided foodie tour of Santa Fe!
- Secret Venice, Prosecco & the Dolomites Explore the lesser-known islands of Venice, the ancient town of Vittorio Veneto. Taste Prosecco wines and hike in the Dolomites. June 2019.
- South Tyrol Jazz & Hike Adventure Italian Northern Dolomites’s tour with Tyrolean food & wine tastings, Jazz Festival’s concerts, coupled with a unique hiking adventure. June 2019.
- Trieste and Krk Island, Croatia Discover Trieste, Italy's most charming city! Hike across the stunning Karst landscapes with the peacefulness of the ocean bay in Baska. Sept 2019.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar.
- We have a lot of new and exciting cruises, from 5 to 11 nights, exploring the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- * NEW cruises, some with art and photography tutors, through the Caledonian Canal, around the Isle of Mull, to the famous Isle of Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides
Zegrahm Expeditions, a leader in expedition travel, is waiving the solo supplement in select categories on two amazing small-ship voyages:
Treasures of Japan with South Korea April 12 – 28, 2019
Visit Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples, stroll through traditional gardens, photograph Miyajima’s red torii gate, and spend a full day in Gyeongju, South Korea.
Iberian Peninsula April 18 – May 3, 2019
Enjoy a private tour of the Alhambra, visit Barcelona’s iconic Sagrada Familia Church, and sample port wine and local delicacies in Porto.
Get 2019 off to a great start and save $100 on some once-in-a-lifetime adventures. Save on dozens of extraordinary destinations and unforgettable experiences when you book before 4 February 2019.
Choose from 100 trips and save* $100 when you book from now until 4 Feb 2019 and quote “100off100 Solo”.
- Highlights of Puglia. The 'heel of Italy' is more densely populated by olive trees than by people; it has a relaxed atmosphere, sunny climate and rolling countryside. This trip offers the perfect balance of culture, food and the Adriatic coastline.
- Azores Island Hopping. Bathed in the warm waters of the Gulf Stream, these Portuguese islands rise up from Atlantic. Discover crater lakes, extinct volcanoes, thermal springs, deep gorges and craggy coastlines.
- South Africa Highlights. Search for wildlife in Kruger, travel along the Garden Route to see penguins and try delicious wines in the Cape Winelands, before arriving in Cape Town.
*To claim your $100 discount quote “100off100 Solo” at time of booking. Applies to any available departure date from a selection of 100 Explore small group adventure trips for bookings made between 14 Jan and 04 February 2019.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Travelling solo doesn’t have to mean travelling alone. Not with our award-winning group tours in some of the world’s most exciting destinations. Meet like-minded travellers of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds for a fun and eclectic group mix. And experience the best each destination has to offer with our expert local tour guides.
- Africa– overland through some of the continent’s best national parks and natural marvels
- Egypt– discover the ancient wonders of the pharaohs with our popular local guides
- India– explore the Golden Triangle and beyond while staying in beautiful heritage properties
- Morocco– ride off into the sunset in the Sahara and bargain for souvenirs in bustling souks
- Iceland– marvel at the Northern Lights and thundering waterfalls in the land of ice and fire
It’s easy to see the key differences between us and the others.
- There’s never a single supplement. Everyone has a private room.
- Our small groups are actually small– around 10 people – so you won't feel like you're part of a herd.
- Paris Personally combines the best of both worlds giving you structured morning outings and afternoons free. You’ll be armed with tips, maps, a museum pass and a metro pass to see, do, or eat whatever your heart desires!
And we’re full-time Parisians – long-time residents who know the city, so you’ll get more than just the touristy highlights.
So, if you want to stay in a centrally located boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy a more authentic Paris experience, click on the links below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
Our 2019 trips are posted, and all are open for registration. Book by Jan 31 and receive 100€ off!
- 2019 small group trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours and pricing.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
Hiking boots and backpacks are optional as we offer a unique blend of lovely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. We also offer yoga and art-themed tours. Explore our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
NEW TOURS ADDED:
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava in 2019: June 9-15& September 15-21, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Italy.Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como, 2019 dates April 6-13, August 31-September 7, 7 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini, 2019 dates May 5-17, &October 1-13, 12 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others – 2019 April 27-May 3, 6 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
All Intrepid Travel group trips are perfect for solo travel. Pick from over 1,000 itineraries and join a small group of like-minded travels and an expert local guide to who will get you off the beaten path. Over 50% of travellers on Intrepid Travel trips are travelling solo. You can too.
- Vietnam Express Southbound Travel from historical Hanoi to modern Ho Chi Minh City
- Iceland Discovery Visit Iceland and see glaciers, geysers and geothermal hot springs
- Inca Trail Express Travel to Peru and discover ancient civilisations on the Inca Trail
- Best of Morocco for Solo Travellers Visit Morocco on an all-encompassing adventure from Casablanca to Marrakech for solo-travellers-only.
See what it’s like to travel solo with Intrepid Travel - Over 50% of travellers on our trips travel solo. You can too
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 44 years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
Sound good? We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until June 30, 2020, when booked before January 30, 2019. Promo code: SoloAdventures2019. Not combinable with any other offer. A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers:
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
Do you dream of someday embarking on an African safari? Cruising past castles on the Rhine? Dancing the tango in Argentina? With Vantage, "someday" can be "right now." We make travel for solos affordable, enriching, safe, and as easy as it is for those traveling double-occupancy. Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers.
- Nordic Splendor: A Coastal Adventure in Norway
- Across Patagonia: Chile's Lakes, Mountains & Wildlife
- Waterways of Southern Africa: A Luxury River Cruise Safari
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals and Fairy Tales
- Passage to Eastern Europe Featuring Transylvania
- Switzerland, The Heart of the Rhine & Moselle
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour. Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. Choose from some of our most-popular summer itineraries in Ireland, Scotland, Iceland to Greenland or even our High Arctic Explorer. It’s a great time be single!
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Scotland Slowly – the Magic of the Scottish Isles
- In the Wake of the Vikings – From Iceland to Greenland
- High Arctic Explorer
100,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 70+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear.
Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings.
Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel18” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our small group adventures or trip extensions. We provide solo travelers with itineraries that feature authentic cultural experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations in the destinations that interest them most—all while traveling in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their adventures by choosing their preferred airline, adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.