Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
Every Month A New List of Singles Group Travel Deals
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 45+ years’ experience creating over 600 Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, and 250,000 happy travelers, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until 1 Jan, 2021, when booked before 30 Sept, 2019. Promocode: SoloAdventures2019.
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: May 31-June 6, 2020- 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 2019- April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: June 7-13, & September 27- October 3, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy, Umbria: May 25-31, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention Solo Traveler.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
Friendly Planet crafts journeys that reﬂect how we love to travel. It's not about checking things oﬀ a list. We're passionate about getting to know and love other cultures, making new friends and getting beyond day-to-day boundaries. Then, after an exhilarating day exploring, we still enjoy a good night's sleep in a great hotel with modern amenities. With Friendly Planet, you don't have to choose between cultural immersion and comfort.
- Authentic Havana| 5 days: fully-guided legal tour that puts you face-to-face with the wonders that Cuba has to offer! Learn more.
- A Taste of Malaysia, Borneo & Bangkok| 14 days: Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Borneo with Bako National Park (Semenggoh Orangutan Center!) & Batang Ai, plus Bangkok. Learn more.
- Athens & 4 Day Greek Isles Cruise| 9 days: Athens' incredible history then four day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi & Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini & Crete! Learn more.
Do you appreciate new cultures and exotic cuisine, ancient histories and heritage sites? Would you rather experience roads less travelled without compromising on comfort and avoiding the clutter of large tour groups? Perhaps you prefer women-only tours?
Incredible Indian Tours will challenge your senses and leave you wanting more with their unique and small (max 10 travellers) group tours through India, the Himalayan Kingdoms, Sri Lanka and Burma.
Discover the ‘hidden’ gems often missed by larger tour companies without compromising comfort. Enjoy these intoxicating destinations with local specialist guides and Western tour escorts who reside in and have travelled these regions extensively for over 26 years.
View our 2020/2021 tour calendar, or any of our upcoming tours:
Often new, sometimes unexpected but always amazing is the Incredible Indian Tours guarantee.
Learn why Forbes says “This Trip Should Be On Every Woman’s Bucket List!”
Want to get away from it all and experience the spirituality of Africa? Women’s Journey to Kenyais an adventure for a woman’s heart.
In a 16-day passionate journey enjoy a blend of beautiful hotels, and special access to a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, elite visionaries and many colorful village women and children, plus adventurous safaris, local arts and culture and sisterhood! Restore each day with personal free time.
Immerse in the spirituality of a place where life is slowed and time is savored. In one of Africa’s safest countries, enjoy concierge services by expert tour host, Linda Higdon, who has worked with Kenya’s women for 17 years, some of the warmest people anywhere!
We welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant historic Fairview Hotel.
Experience the trip now! Take our Virtual Tour and get first-hand stories, gorgeous photos and details about the tour.
Early Bird Prices for February 2020 include a FREE BONUS SAFARI! February temps are perfect.
This small-group tour is filling fast! Visit www.GlobalHeartJourneys.net. Serious about joining us? Write to Linda@Globaheartjourneys.netand set up a call to discuss details.
Travel with an intimate group of no more than 14 people led by June Morrocco who spent 10 years living in Sperlonga, a beautiful coastal town halfway between Rome and Naples, sometimes called "The Pearl of the Mediterranean." It's best known for the Roman Emperor Tiberius' villa and the sea grotto beside it recently excavated but it's also a wonderful place to experience real Italian life.
You'll stay 14 nights in Sperlonga at Marconi's a charming B&B overlooking magnificent sunsets and the vast expanse of the sea. With June, who speaks Italian fluently, you'll take fascinating day trips to close-by local villages, Rome, Pompei, the island of Ponza, enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy and much more. Get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
For further information please contact June Morrocco at (971) 706-9328 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On both Seahorse II and Gemini Explorer we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On all three small ships cabin-sharing is available.
- All guests who book a September or October 2019 cruise will now receive an extraordinary 35% discount! Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal cruise (6 nights) now from £942 instead of £1450. Simply quote STW19 when booking.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar. Cruises vary between 3 and 11 nights.
- NEW Scottish Island golfing, whisky and wildlife cruise, first departure April 2020 for 8 nights
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL Sign up now for a Spring 2020 tour and get a Solo Traveler discount!
- Croatia, Land of Wine & History (April 14 – 24, 2020) – mention Solo Traveler for $150 off!
- A Taste of Northern Portugal (June 7 – 16, 2020) still has some spots available. Mention Solo Traveler for $100 off.
Riviera River Cruises offers many departures in 2020 exclusively for solo travelers which allows guests to enjoy their cruises without paying any single supplement.
All major European waterways are included offering guests the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like- minded travelers .
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways – none older than 6 years. Spacious, exceptionally well-appointed cabins – no surcharges on board, 2 restaurants, complimentary room service for breakfast, shore excursions included.
- One of the highest space to guest ratios in the industry
- All major European rivers have dedicated solo departures
- Many overnights in port where the ship acts as a floating hotel
- Itineraries that are planned to give our guests a more immersive travel experience.
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2019!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Book a Japan trip this month and get a Free extra night + sushi making class
Book any Explore trip in Japan during August 2019 for travel on any available date this year or next and get a free extra night! Plus get a free sushi-making class, introducing you to Japan's culture and delicious food right from the start of your trip.
Choose from 7 unique Japan trips and get a free extra night and sushi making class if you book from now until 31Aug 2019 and quote “Solo Japan Offer”.
The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Shogun Trail. Explore Tokyo's neon-lit streets, discover Kyoto's tranquil temples and visit the site of the world's first atomic attack in Hiroshima. Travel away from the tourist trail to uncover the country's rural charm with a stay in a traditional ryokan on the beautiful island of Hirado.
- Cycle Japan. From ancient Kyoto ride along quiet roads on the Noto Peninsula into the highlands around Shirakawa-go historic village, taking you well off the beaten track. Along the way see one of the finest Japanese gardens in Kanazawa, stay in a ryokan and enjoy varied mountain scenery and coastal paths. Bullet train to Tokyo ends your journey.
- Walk Japan – Kumano Kodo Trail. Uncover Japan’s history and explore its beautiful landscapes on foot including four days walking along the Kumano Kodo, an ancient pilgrimage trail connecting Shinto shrines on the mountainous Kii Peninsula.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our Small Group Adventures or trip extensions. And we offer low-cost Single Supplements on all Small Ship Adventures. Our itineraries feature authentic people-to-people experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations—always in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14 by land and 22 by sea). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their experiences by adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, choosing their preferred airline, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2020?
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- New! Ancient Egypt & the Nile River
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
- Fjord Cruise & Lapland: Norway, Finland & the Arctic
Fun, educational, and life-changing small-ship expeditions to the Arctic and Atlantic Canada.
Navigate the icy waters of the Northwest Passage, explore the coast of Labrador or circumnavigate Newfoundland.
On board, enjoy presentations from foremost regional experts as we explore everything from local and international politics to arts, science, and culture.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour.
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer Free Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge.
- Ultimate Africa Adventure: Southern & East Africa Deluxe Safari - 2020
- Across the Indian Ocean: India & the Best of the Emirates – 2021
- Last Call for Free Single Supplement 2019 Journeys including Holiday departures!
Empowering Solo Travelers. Share travel experiences, make new friends, and preview exclusive Solo offers! Join the Vantage Solo Travel Facebook Group today!
Pay no single supplement on tours in Egypt, India and Turkey on selected departures – meaning you’ll have your own room at no extra cost!
If you’ve got a desire for an adventure but no one to do it with, check out our award-winning group tours. We handle all travel arrangements and you'll have an expert tour guide on hand to provide help and advice. Plus, you’ll make new friends and memories to last a lifetime! Remember – with us, travelling solo never means travelling alone!
Enjoy the comfort of your own room on the following tours:
- Taj Traveller– 8-day tour discovering the Pink City of Jaipur, the magnificent Taj Mahal and spotting rare wildlife in Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- King Tutankhamun– 9-day tour exploring pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings, combined with a two-day sailing trip on the Nile
- Delhi to Colombo– 15-day tour combining the incredible sites of India's Golden Triangle with Sri Lanka's ancient ruins, verdant jungles and amazing wildlife
Encounter Travel takes 'alone' out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006 creating group tours and cruises for Australian solo travellers to destinations across the globe. Award Winner 2017 and 2018, The Solo Travel Awards, you'll come on board with a touring expert that is 100% dedicated to solo travel.
- Experience small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Experience age-matched travel groups
- Canadian Rockies with Alaska Cruise. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. Travel Canada & cruise to Alaska on a superb small group tour & cruise package
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. From Rome to the Lakes. Super small group boutique tour.
- Greece & Greek Islands. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over. From the north of Greece to Athens enjoy countryside, ancient history & highlight island visits
- Discover North India with Kerala Extension Option. Solos Only. 45 Years &Over. Amazing discovery including Varanasi. Choose to extend with a South India tour.
- Vietnam Highlights. Solos Only. 45 Years &Over
CALL US (during Sydney, Australia office hours): From Australia TEL: 1300 653 692. From New Zealand TEL: 0800 653 692From outside Australia & New Zealand: TEL: +61 2 9267 9979 or +61 2 8084 2834
- Small groups – maximum 10 people for a more enjoyable experience.
- No single supplement. Paris hotel rooms are small, so you’ll be happy to have a private room!
- Authentic Paris experiences. No tour buses, no tourist restaurants.
- Both structured group outings and free time each day.
- 6-day museum pass, 7-day metro/bus pass, city and metro maps, and insider tips from your full-time Parisian guide.
- Reserve now to get your 2020 trip at the 2019 price!Why choose Paris Personally?
- Our “Christmas in Paris” trip is open for registration!
- Our September “A Week With the French” trip is is closing soon! Sign up now!
- See our 2019 trip dates here and our 2020 trip dates here.
- Why Paris Personally.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
- Mumbai: off the Beaten Path October 12-19. This experience begins in Mumbai with some Bollywood fun before going on to the artisan villages of Kutch. Workshops include embroidery, block printing, and bandhini. Tour ends in the beautiful Udaipur, Rajasthan famous for its magnificent palaces.
- Royal Rajasthan with Diwali (October 19-28) Continue on with us in Udaipur as we wind our way through Royal Rajasthan. Celebrate Diwali in the pink city of Jaipur after 10 days of the best boutique accommodations that Rajasthan has to offer. Registration for October's Royal Rajasthan with Diwali is open. Secure your spot and pay NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT.
- Five Star Delhi with Taj Mahal (Oct28 - Nov 1)This 5-star tour is for visitors who want to experience the Taj Mahal, as well as sunset and sunrise with exclusive hotels and Delhi experiences.
You can see the complete itineraries at: https://crackingindiatours.com/
Sign up for our Newsletter here
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see exactly what you have in mind for your journey on our website -www.valuetravelandtours.com, we're thrilled ! If not, please give us a call as we are highly skilled in creating tailor-made travel arrangements to suit a variety of interests and budgets. With decades of experience between us (and a sense of good humor), you’ll find that we take care of the smallest of details and thoroughly prepare you for the adventure that awaits.
- Breathtaking Peru - follow in the footsteps of the Incas as they forged an incredible civilization and tamed the wild geography of Peru
- The Kingdom of Jordan - once captivated ancient travelers, Jordan continues to enthrall a whole new generation as a modern, vibrant nation
- Amazon Voyage - Sail along the banks of the Peruvian Amazon in total comfort. This fully inclusive (tips included) journey allows you to experience one of the 7 New Natural Wonders of the World - the tributary rivers, the Amazon Rainforest, the animal species and native communities
- 7,000 Years of History - vast and beautiful deserts, fresh oases, simple villages, chaotic metropolises, tranquil seaside resorts, the palm-lined Nile and sand-swathed monuments, there’s a place for all personalities of traveler on our Egypt tour ( )
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2020 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Looking to travel to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Bhutan, but overwhelmed by the sheer planning of it all? Let us handle it for you -- every step of the way. You’ll experience these incredible destinations with peace of mind.
Crimson Asia is a bespoke trip planning service for travels to the South Asia region. With our extensive knowledge and personal experiences, we design and plan travel programs based on your interests and preferences. Along with our trusted local travel partners, we give you experiences that are fun, unique, safe, inspirational, memorable and transformational.
Here are some of our travel programs:
- Culinary Tours - Explore different cultures and cuisines, learn new cooking techniques, visit spice plantations and bazaars. Check out our culinary programs to North India, Goa and Sri Lanka. Programs available for groups of min. 4 persons.
- India- We have travel programs covering places like Golden Triangle, Rajasthan, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Rishikesh, Amritsar, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Kerala, in fact, we cover the entire country! Tell us where you want to travel, and we will help to design and plan your trip.
- Sri Lanka- Sri Lanka is an incredible place to visit! Experience Sri Lankan heritage & culture, food, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, beaches and tea plantations.
- Nepal- Nepal is one of the world’s great travel destinations – a small but diverse country packed with ancient temples, tropical jungles, picturesque valleys and Himalayan views all within a short distance of each other. An unforgettable experience!
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.