The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Back-Roads Touring – Small Group Tours in Europe & the UK
Ideal for solo travellers!
With more than 25 years’ experience in touring across the UK and Europe, Back-Roads Touring is truly the original small group touring company.
With each tour capped at 18 passengers, Back-Roads are the experts in curating authentic, off the beaten track travel experiences. Catering for the mature traveller, Back-Roads has built up a brand rooted in expert local knowledge, sustainable tourism, culinary excellence and premium boutique accommodation.
Over 20% of our passengers are solo travellers with the social atmosphere, smaller groups sizes and low single supplements which normally range between 10-30% extra for your own room.
Back-Roads Touring was named Best Small Coach Holiday Company for 2015, 2016 & 2017 in the British Travel Awards which last year had almost 360,000 people place their votes.
View the full range of 2018 Back-Roads Touring tours by clicking the links below:
And find out why so many Friendly Planet travelers say they can’t believe they received so much for so little. On our small group tours, there’s plenty of opportunity to meet new friends, with free time built into each itinerary for some independent exploration if you prefer. We always use 4 or 5-star hotels so you have a safe and centrally-located basecamp, and a comfortable place to rest your head at night. And our local trip leaders are always there to make sure you feel welcomed and included. We pride ourselves on keeping our tour prices low, and that includes our single supplements, so that more travelers can see more of the world!
Plus, take $100 off our solo-friendly tours below with coupon code STW100.
- 9 Day South Africa Tour with Cape Town & 4 game drives in Entabeni private reserve. Learn more.
- 10 Day Taste of Thailand to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, the River Kwai & Ayutthaya. Learn more.
- 11 Day Best of Morocco journey through the medinas, souks, & kasbahs of Casablanca, Fez, Marrakesh, the Sahara & beyond. Learn more.
- 10 Day Croatia tour down the sparkling Dalmatian coast: Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik & more. Learn more.
- 5 Day Havana Tour. Stay in an authentic casa particular & explore this colorful and cultural city. Learn more.
- 14 Day Kenya & Tanzania Safari with 14 game drives in Ol Pejeta, Samburu, Lake Nakura, Masai Mara, Tarangire, Lake Manyara & Ngorongoro. Learn more.
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife, and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 30, 2018, when booked before Jan 30, 2018. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 off!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia – 14 days from $2,365 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan – 13 days from $1,515 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar – 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece – 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135 pp
90,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 60+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
Wine & Food Journeys in Europe – No Single Supplement and No Shared Rooms!
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Sign up now for a Spring 2019 tour and get a Solo Traveler discount!
Croatia, Land of Wine & History (May 3-13, 2019) – mention Solo Traveler for $200 off!
A Wine & Food Journey Through Slovenia – mention Solo Traveler for $150 off!
Interested in Northern Portugal? Our June 2018 A Taste of Northern Portugal tour still has some spots available. Mention Solo Traveler for $150 off.
Intrepid Travel launches 6 new trips for solo travelers
What if you've got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over 50% of travelers on Intrepid Travel’s trips are traveling solo, and we’ve just launched 6 brand new solo-only departures on some of our most popular trips. We’ve got expert local leaders on tap to show you around, ready-made friends who are itching to explore (just like you), and as is the case in our 1,000+ tours, no single supplement at all with our room-sharing option but we can also provide you with a room all to yourself if you prefer. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport: we’ll handle the rest.
Pre-Order the New 2018 Brochure from Explore
Be among the first to receive the 2018 brochure from Explore featuring over 40 new adventures for 2018
Make plans now for an Explore trip in 2018 and put something on your calendar to look forward to. Choose from over 500 trips in more than 100 countries that are great for solo travelers.
Travel with Explore and you’ll get:
The security of travelling with an Explore Leader and a small group of like-minded travelers.
No compulsory single supplements.
The chance to meet new people and make friends.
Discovery, Walking, Cycling and Wildlife adventures.
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- Save time searching for no to low single supplements. Use our new, free patent-pending software tool, Solo Travel Pricing Tracker.
- Find one-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 50% or more off.
Take advantage of off-season deals and advance sales:
- Heart of London Kensington Square Mid-Feb from $70
- No Single Supplement River Cruises from Europe to Asia
- Safari Rates Go Down After the Holidays-See These 6 Options
- Tired of Paying Hotels for 2-See Our Solo Travel Pricing Tracker Type: Hotel Lodging
- Looking for Sunshine at Affordable Prices-Check out Central America
Solo travel is about setting your own terms and not worrying about anyone else's needs. It's your time to please no one but yourself.
We build free time into every Cosmos vacation, so you can eat, shop, and explore the way you want. Whether you’re into art, music, food, wine, history, or whatever, we give you the freedom to truly personalize your trip with optional excursions that are meaningful to you.
We include some meals to save you time and money, yet we also leave enough free time so you can sample your destination’s gastronomic delights on your own.
And.... $200 off the single supplement on these 7 trips! This offer is available from 1/10 to 2/6only.
- Irish Explorer - Breathtaking, lush landscapes combined with vibrant cities and historic attractions—all of this and more await you on this Irish Explorer tour, including Northern Ireland.
- British Panorama - This exciting and affordable British escorted vacation is a delightful introduction to the history and culture of England, Scotland, and Wales.
- From Dublin to London - Stunning scenery, pretty villages, ancient sites, and exciting cities—this Britain and Ireland guided tour offers all of this and more.
- England, Scotland & Wales - Experience some of Britain’s fascinating towns as you travel through England, Scotland, and Wales, stopping for overnights in London, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Strathpeffer, Glasgow, Liverpool, Cardiff, and Plymouth.
- The Best of Britain & Ireland- On this Best of Britain & Ireland tour, see Britain’s and Ireland’s highlights—from the bustling cities to the small towns and from the breathtaking scenery to the ancient ruins. You’ll travel through the lands of queens, kings, and leprechauns!
- Grand Tour of Britain & Ireland - Experience the best of England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales on this affordable British Isles tour. In between time in the major cities—London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Cardiff—explore in-depth some of the historic towns and witness some of the breathtaking scenery.
- The British Isles in Depth - From the lively cities to the breathtaking scenery, you’ll discover the best of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and Northern Ireland on this in-depth, budget-minded 24-day vacation through Britain and Ireland.
“Women’s Journey to Kenya” in February 2018. A joyful, safe, insightful, passionate, 16-day journey for women growing into a new stage in their lives. Kenya is one of the safest countries in Africa and one of the most exhiliarating to visit. You'll stay in 4-star luxury and see magnificent wildlife. You’ll spend time with wise women in the rural villages and with visionary, sophisticated women shaping Kenya.
Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. And your expert host and reputable drivers will always be there for you! Every detail of the trip has been thoroughly attended to.
Step into the fascinating daily lives of Kenyan women in their villages, tea fields, and ancient lands.
“I have traveled many places in the world but nothing compares to the richness of this trip. Against the magical backdrop of this beautiful country and the powerful Kenyan women, I am forever changed” – Gail
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi’s airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel, a British lodge. It’s not too late to join our February 2018 small-group tour. You can book now! By the way, temperatures in Kenya in February, their summer, are perfect for us.
- About the Tour
- Watch the short video
- Gallery– fabulous photos from previous trips
- Our Hotel
Where Solo Travelers Are Going in 2018 With Overseas Adventure Travel
Why are so many travelers joining Overseas Adventure Travel independently? O.A.T. doesn’t charge a Single Supplement on adventures or trip extensions. We also provide solo travelers with authentic itineraries in the intimacy of a small group of no more than 10-16 travelers to the destinations that interest them most, including Botswana, Morocco, India, Japan, and Sicily. Plus, our local Trip Leaders are experts in making everyone feel safe and well cared for—even providing recommendations on how to spend free time. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2018?
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Heart of India
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily's Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
For 50+ years Holiday River Expeditions has delivered exceptional guided experiences in the backcountry of Utah, Idaho and Colorado. And now we have put together our very best best trips for individual adventurers. We're immensely proud of solo trips. Each of them is tailored to focus on everything from enjoying the magnificent landscapes to trying out a new skill-set like kayaking or stand up paddleboarding to the inwardly-focused goals of mindfulness and meditation. All of our trips are accompanied by skilled and deeply knowledgeable guides. And we use only the very best equipment and gear. Join Holiday River Expeditions and let the wild beauty of nature change and inspire you!
- Balance and Flow Wellness Trips
- Stargazing Trips
- Mountain Biking Trips
- Whitewater Kayaking Workshop
- Fall Extended Hiking & Rafting
We deliver experiential, authentic private tours in Aveyron and further afield, with just YOU in mind. Dates
Tours are 100% private
- You share your experience with like-minded people.
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- A maximum of eight guests at a time.
Tours are all inclusive
- All your costs are covered over the 10 days/9 nights of the trip such as pick-up at Rodez airport or train station, accommodation at Véronique's house, regional wines handpicked and/or other beverages during meals, entry fees to museums, castles, exhibitions, gratuities, transportation, services of Véronique, your bilingual local guide, and personal driver.
- Véronique is local and fully bilingual. She lives on two continents. Through her approach and personal connections, she is able to provide insider perks.
- Véronique has the unusual ability to develop deep personal relationships combining trust and competency.
- She will make your tour enjoyable, relevant and effortless for you.
Combine all of life’s best ingredients (food, music, art and pure joy), put them on a slow simmer and you have New Orleans — Road Scholar’s Destination of the Year for 2018. New Orleans is always worth a visit, but next year the Crescent City will be turning 300, making it the perfect year to go.
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- French Quarter Music Festival
- New Orleans Neighborhoods & Food
- Mississippi River Voyage
- All New Orleans Trips
Kim Allan Silk undergarments are made from 100% Knit Silk, a versatile, light weight, fast drying and easy to care for fabric ideal for the high paced and active solo traveller. Kim Allan Silk pieces can be worn as workout gear, undergarments, or sleepwear, making them a highly versatile addition to your travel wardrobe. Our pieces can be washed in the sink with shampoo and will be perfectly dry by the next day. 100% Knit Silk is great for both hot & cool temperatures…breathable on hot and humid days, but acts as an excellent insulating layer for those cooler nights.
We would love to join you on your next Solo Adventure. Take advantage of our SPECIAL PROMOTION happening. Please enjoy an ADDITIONAL 5% OFF already marked down items with the code: SOLO5. Happy Solo Travels!
- Women’s French Cut Underwear - On Sale
- Women’s Camisole - On Sale
- Men’s Boxers - On Sale
- Long Leg Pant Unisex - On Sale
- Long Sleeve Crewneck Top Unisex - On Sale
- Turtleneck Unisex - On Sale
St Giles Hotels Offers up to 20% Savings Exclusively to Solo Travelers
Embrace the joy of traveling solo in London, Penang, New York, and Sydney with St Giles Hotels.
As a solo traveler you have more freedom to do what you want, when you want. Walk along the Millennium Bridge at dawn in London, Ride in a trishaw around the UNESCO-listed George Town in Penang, Soak in the view of the ocean at Bondi Beach in Sydney or Get lost in the labyrinth at Central Park in New York.
Whether it’s your first or your hundredth solo trip, Go Solo, Go St Giles and enjoy exclusive savings and amenities that cater to you the solo traveler.
- London – Up to 20% OFF + More
- New York City – 20% OFF + More
- Penang – Complimentary upgrade to Executive category with Club Benefits + More
- Sydney – Complimentary Daily Breakfast, Dining Voucher + More
Discover the world with our Signature difference of exciting days and comfortable nights with lots of authentic cultural experiences and sightseeing, plus 3-4 star accommodation including heritage properties. Explore the world stress-free with arrival airport transfers included as standard and a wide choice of guaranteed departures.
Enjoy the world accompanied by other like-minded travellers of mixed ages and nationalities, and our highly praised local guides.
Choose from over 20 destinations with our range of award-winning group tours to Egypt, India, Vietnam, Peru and many more top travel spots around the world. And with no compulsory single supplements on the majority of our Signature tours, we’re a great choice for solo travelers.
Simply quote SOLO TRAVELER BLOG at time of booking for $100 off your tour. Discount valid on Signature tours 8 days or longer departing in 2018. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
TWO TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Security Recommended: You're Now Seeing this Whenever You Connect to Public WiFi
Hotel WiFi, coffee shop WiFi... they are all public and without a VPN you can have your identity stolen and your accounts hacked. I use StrongVPN when going on public WiFi to do anything financial. StrongVPN also allows me to watch Netflix when I'm out of the country and get around WiFi firewalls in countries that have them.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world! The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.