The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person trygis to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 30, 2018, when booked before Jan 30, 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 off!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,365 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,515 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135 pp
Intrepid Travel launches 6 new trips for solo travelers
What if you’ve got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over 50% of travelers on Intrepid Travel’s trips are traveling solo, and we’ve just launched 6 brand new solo-only departures on some of our most popular trips. We’ve got expert local leaders on tap to show you around, ready-made friends who are itching to explore (just like you), and as is the case in our 1,000+ tours, no single supplement at all with our room-sharing option but we can also provide you with a room all to yourself if you prefer. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport: we’ll handle the rest.
- Classic Peru – For Solo Travelers
- Mexico Real Food Adventure – For Solo Travelers
- Vietnam Express Southbound – For Solo Travelers
- Best of Morocco – For Solo Travelers
- Golden Triangle – For Solo Travelers
- Beautiful Bali – For Solo Travelers
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site, aimed to inspire travelers around the world to plan easily and book directly from millions of travel options (flights, hotels, and car rentals) at the best prices. Connected with over 1,200 travel partners, Skyscanner helps travelers like yourselves book more than 2 million flights a month. When you find your ideal flight and click to book, Skyscanner links you through directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees. The best deals and your next adventure are just a click away.
Explore below the top travel deals currently live:
- Daily Flight Deals
- Deals Under $100
- Deals Under $200
- Flight Deals to Europe
- Daily Flight Deals From Canada
Additional Skyscanner money-saving tips and travel hacks for Solo Travelers:
- Price Alerts
- Everywhere Search
- Cheapest Month Search
- Multi-city flight search (up to 6 legs on the same trip)
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar is the best kind of travel experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
- Exploring Nicaragua: Colonial Towns to Countryside
- Voyages to Antiquity: Jamaica to Cuba
- The Best of Croatia: A Coastal Voyage by Yacht
- Winter Adventures in Jackson Hole: Dog Sleds, Snowshoes and Sleighs
- Exotic Burma: Ancient Kingdoms and Hidden Temples on the Irrawaddy River
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 68% off.
- For savings and better travel, see our weekly blogs plus our new TravelStyle posts on traveling light and in style. See also our “2017 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips” and on our home page sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week.
It’s not too late to plan fall holidays or Halloween adventures:
- Art Nouveau Bavarian Boutique Hotel from $58
- Top Solo Travel Deals from $54-Save in Latin America
- The Royal Treatment in Castle Hotels from $81
- Halloween-Old US West near Mt Rushmore for $74
- Holiday Markets in Europe or Elegant Asian Cruises
Don’t Miss Out on the Next Total Eclipse
If you didn’t fully experience today’s eclipse make plans now to be there for the 2019 solar eclipse.
Explore is offering 8 trips to view the 2019 total eclipse and annular eclipse in destinations as diverse as Argentina, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka and Oman.
- Argentinian Wine and Eclipse. There really is no greater place to drink Argentina’s most famous export than from below the lofty peaks of the Andes, which is also a great place experience the 2019 total solar eclipse.
- South Indian Images – Eclipse. A journey across colorful landscapes taking in the annular solar eclipse at the colonial hill station of Ooty.
- Arabian Sands Eclipse. Witness a spectacular annular eclipse in the Wahiba Sands on this adventure through the diverse landscapes of Oman.
- Sumatra and Eclipse. Travelling through rugged landscapes and discovering unique wildlife, we trek through jungles to spot orang-utans in the wild, scale volcanoes for sunrise and enjoy tribal village encounters. Plus witness the annular eclipse from the remote paddy fields of Padang Sidempaun.
Secure your place today with just a 10% deposit and don’t miss out in 2019. See all the 2019 Explore eclipse trips.
Experience the stunning architecture, incredible art, historic UNESCO sites and world-renowned cuisine of Italy, Spain, and Portugal with our new range of Signature group tours.
And exclusively for Solo Traveler readers, we’re offering an introductory 20% off single supplements so you can have your own room and save money if you book before the 30th September 2017. Travel on a small-group tour with us to these three European favorites and enjoy quality 3-4 star hotels with guided sightseeing and culinary experiences included in the package.
This exclusive offer is available on our complete range of Signature tours to Italy, Spain, and Portugal and here’s a taste of what you can enjoy:
- Italy – take a gondola ride along the Grand Canal of Venice, visit the picturesque towns around Lake Como and explore UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre
- Spain – sample local wines in the scenic Rioja region, marvel at the hilltop Alhambra Palace in Granada and enjoy time at leisure in pretty Seville
- Portugal – explore the colorful castle of Sintra, discover the charming medieval town of Obidos and spend a night in the stunning Douro wine region
If you prefer to avoid the single supplement altogether, why not share? We’ll pair you up with another solo traveler of the same sex so you don’t have to pay extra when joining us on tour in Italy, Spain or Portugal.
Pay No Single Supplement Fees on Upscale Adventures Worldwide!
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you always have to explore alone and at additional cost! International Expeditions small-group adventures are the ideal way for solo travelers to enjoy engaging, educational and upscale experiences while benefiting from safe, escorted travel to the world’s wild regions.
Select cabins on every cruise to the Peruvian Amazon, Galapagos Islands and Cuba — plus all safaris to Namibia, Botswana and Zambia — are available with no single supplement fees!
Why travel with IE?
- 20% of our guests are solo travelers!
- Award-winning ecotravel to more than 20 countries.
- 37 years of pioneering immersive experiences in Earth’s wildest regions.
- Authentic encounters with local cultures.
- Exhilarating & absorbing activities such as hiking, birding, kayaking & snorkeling.
- The world’s best naturalist guides & expedition leaders.
- Comfortable accommodations & delicious food in the wild.
- Just by traveling with IE, you are helping to support The Nature Conservancy’s work in over 65 countries & all 50 United States!
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2017
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2017
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2017
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2017
North Atlantic Saga — Jun 21–Jul 1, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation — Jun 30–Jul 10, 2018
Iceland Circumnavigation – Jul 9–19, 2018
Greenland & Wild Labrador — Sep 18–Oct 2, 2018
Newfoundland Circumnavigation — Oct 2–12, 2018
Adventure Canada offers complimentary single supplements on select cabins in categories 3 thru 7 on the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour. Have your own cabin and save up to 20% on the berth cost when you book back-to-back expeditions on Ocean Endeavour voyages only. Sail the North Atlantic isles—from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and Iceland—before circumnavigating the land of fire and ice. Or join us as we sail the hidden wilds of Labrador and experience the legendary hospitality of Newfoundland. Experience landscapes unlike any other on earth, search for wildlife in its spectacular habitats, and engage with local culture and history. All voyages feature an expert resource staff, daily shore visits via Zodiac, onsite interpretations, an onboard lecture series, and the amenities of a boutique hotel.
Join the expedition specialists for the trip of a lifetime—twice over!
*Please note that once these cabins are sold, the single supplement fee is 1.5 times the berth cost.
Other featured award-winning expedition cruises:
My inner explorer has come to life! She sits next to me every day and is eager for the next adventure. I really like her! She wears hats and scarfs and has a heart that is wide open and ready to connect with humanity” – Gail, July 2017 traveler
Join the “Women’s Journey to Kenya” in February 2018, created for women who want purpose and authenticity in travel. In this 16-day heart adventure, you will spend a lot of time with Kenyan women and children, discovering life in the heart of villages, tea fields, and cities. Each night you’ll retreat to 4-star luxury and delicious cuisine. Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. Feel completely safe and secure with your expert host and reputable drivers who are always there for you!
I have traveled many places in the world but nothing compares to the richness of this trip. Against the magical backdrop of this beautiful country and the powerful Kenya women, I am forever changed.” – Gail
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi airport, then whisk you away to the beautiful Fairview Hotel, a historic British lodge. There is limited space for our February 2018 small-group tour so book now! By the way, temperatures are perfect in February for this tour.
Contact: Linda@globalheartjourneys.net or 262-742-2064.
At Out’n About Travel we specialize in LGBT travel. We are dedicated to working with travel suppliers that promote properties whose business practices, company culture, and employee policies ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for LGBT travellers and their allies. We understand the value of smart and sensitive service for individuals more often ignored than catered to. Over time, Out‘n About Travel has evolved into a boutique agency whose clients span the corporate and individual market, and includes a commitment to meeting the needs of the LGBT community. We work with you to understand your travel needs and trip objectives. We prepare detailed and organized itineraries, using our training, experience and commitment to exceed your expectations.
We love Europe for its history, architecture and culture (oh, and the food), but are just as thrilled to travel through the United States to play golf at the famous Dinah Shore event or hike through Joshua Tree Park in beautiful California. No matter where your destination is, or whether you’re planning a solo journey or a group trip, you will benefit from our own love of travel.
Outn’ About Travel (204) 985-9200 – #travelinspiration #travelsolo_notalone #outnabouttravel
Just because you’re traveling solo doesn’t mean you’re traveling alone
Since 2002, World Nomads has helped over 1 million avid travelers like you explore their world with confidence. Whether you’re planning an epic trip 6 months from now, or you’re already on the airplane, World Nomads is here to make every adventure the best it can be.
World Nomads Travel Insurance is always a great value for solo travelers.
With World Nomads as your traveling companion you get:
- Top-rated travel insurance – 24/7 emergency assistance, medical cover, trip cancellation & more
- Travel Safety – Advice, alerts and essential travel information for every trip
- Insider’s guides – Discover the most adventurous travel destinations in the world
- A global travel community – Tap into the travel knowledge of more than 91,000 travelers from 129 countries
- To make a difference – Support the communities where you travel with optional micro-donations
Read Janice’s post, Going Alone? Travel Insurance is a Must, in which she does a price comparison showing the value of World Nomads travel insurance.
Note: Our age limits on certain products go as high as 70 and we’re looking to go higher!
WONDERING ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE?
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.