Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
100+ Solo Travel Trips Updated Monthly
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
The Only List of Singles Group Travel Deals that We Know of. Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
Our holiday gift to you, a Solo Traveler World exclusive: Save 50% on our already low Single Supplement
Do you love food and have a passion for travel? There’s no better way to make genuine connections with locals than through their cuisine. Visit sizzling food stalls of Vietnam. Dine farm-to-table in Cuba. Cook with local chefs in Japan.
Solo-friendly small groups (12 max!) include women-only tours, low single supplements, and optional room sharing. Flexible itineraries offer ample time for socializing, relaxing, and exploring on your own. Recommended by Fodor’s, Travel+Leisure, and National Geographic Traveler.
- Tuscany: Treasures of the Tuscan Sun - 5 Days
- Japan: Behind the Noren Curtain - 9 Days
- Croatia: Culinary Pearl of the Adriatic - 8 Days
- Morocco: Savory Spices & Souks - 9 Days
Holiday space is still available! Browse all of our food tours worldwide.
Our tours are tasty, and we're sweetening the deal even more for the holidays. Save 50% on your single supplement when you book by January 9, 2020 and travel by December 31, 2020. Use promo code: HOLIDAYSOLO
Pre-order your copy now and be among the first to receive the new edition featuring hundreds of adventures with no compulsory single supplements.
Choose from worldwide discovery trips, walking trips and cycling adventures.
- Highlights of Japan. From the bright lights of Tokyo to the tranquil temples of Kyoto, this fast-paced tour explores Japan's highlights.
- Iceland Yurt Adventure. Stay in comfortable custom-made yurts on a working horse farm. The yurts have views of Strokker Geyser, a constant reminder of why Iceland is called 'the land of fire and ice'
- Remote Coastal Trails of Portugal. Based in the small town of Sagres, this walking trip explores the Rota Vicentina to the most south-westerly point of Europe.
With over 45 years’ experience creating 600+ Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, Nat Geo award-winning company Exodus Travels knows a thing or two about making the most of the world. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
Sound good? We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until January 1, 2021, when booked before January 15, 2020. Promo code: SoloAdventures2019. Not combinable with any other offer. A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers:
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Cycling Vietnam – 14 days
- India: Colors of Rajasthan – 13 days
Are you planning an adventure but hesitating because you’re traveling on your own? Consider a Road Scholar learning adventure. The not-for-profit educational travel organization offers more than 70 experiences specifically designed for solo travelers, many with no single supplement. There is also a roommate-matching program that can help offset the cost of traveling solo. Each year, thousands of solo travelers, particularly solo female travelers, learn something new with us — whether about a new topic or about themselves — and make new friends that last a lifetime.
For special offers on international experiences, visit here.
For information on special offers for solo travelers on experiences in the U.S. click here.
View the entire solo traveler collection.
Why Road Scholar? See what makes us special.
>> Just Announced – Australian Travel Awards Winner 2019, ‘Specialist’
Encounter Travel takes ‘alone’ out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006, creating group tours and cruises for solo travellers to destinations across the globe.
2020 new season tours released including new tours to Greece, Turkey, and more.
- Small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Age-matched travel groups
- Welcoming solo travellers from all over the world
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over
- Discover Peru. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over
- African Safari. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over
- Icons of Eastern Europe. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over
Why Paris Personally?
- Small groups– maximum 10 people for a more enjoyable experience.
- No single supplement. Paris hotel rooms are small, so you’ll be happy to have a private room!
- Authentic Paris experiences. No tour coaches, no tourist restaurants.
- Both structured group outings and free time each day.
- 6-day museum pass, 7-day metro/bus pass, city and metro maps, and insider tips from your full-time Parisian guide.
- Reserve now to get your 2020 trip at the 2019 price!
Stay in the center of Paris in a boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy an authentic Paris experience with your bilingual, full-time Parisian guide who knows the city inside and out. Click below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
- Register now for our 2020 trips at 2019 prices!
- Are you more Must-See Paris or A Week With the French?
- See why our clients love our small group trips.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company. Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Imperial Cities with Oberammergau Passion Play: This trip comes along only once a decade. Delve into Budapest, Vienna and Prague, the Imperial Cities of Central Europe, and experience traditional entertainment and the epic Oberammergau Passion Play that comes around only once a decade – May through October 2020 only. Limited availability.
- Discover Croatia, Slovenia and the Adriatic Coast - Dive into one thousand years of Croatian history as you explore its medieval cities, tranquil lakes, and charming local villages.
- Countryside of Emerald Isle – Visit Ireland and have rollicking fun as you journey along some of the world’s most scenic roads set beside emerald green rolling hills.
- Icelandic Adventure – Set out to discover Iceland’s adventurous landscapes and rich cultural heritage. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls to coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
- Italy’s Treasures: Art, Food and Wine – The romance of Italy comes to life on this culinary and cultural adventure that will take you from medieval masterpieces to lively markets.
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- New! Ancient Egypt & the Nile River
- Real Affordable Peru
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Allure of the Adriatic: Italy & Croatia
Riviera River Cruises offers many departures in 2020 exclusively for solo travelers which allows guests to enjoy their cruises without paying any single supplement.
All major European waterways are included offering guests the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like- minded travelers .
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways – none older than 6 years. Spacious, exceptionally well-appointed cabins – no surcharges on board, 2 restaurants, complimentary room service for breakfast, shore excursions included.
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg - Oct. 31, 2020
- Burgundy, Rhone & Provence - ar. 31, Apr. 16, Jul. 28, Aug.18, Oct. 22 & Nov. 3, 2020
- The Blue Danube - Mar. 27, Apr. 17, May 23, Jul. 4, Oct. 16 & Nov. 2, 2020
- Douro, Porto, & Salamanca - Nov. 8 & 13, 2020
- The Seine, Paris & Normandy - March 31, 2020
Friendly Planet crafts journeys that reﬂect how we love to travel. It's not about checking things oﬀ a list. We're passionate about getting to know and love other cultures, making new friends and getting beyond day-to-day boundaries. Then, after an exhilarating day exploring, we still enjoy a good night's sleep in a great hotel with modern amenities. With Friendly Planet, you don't have to choose between cultural immersion and comfort.
- Authentic Havana| 5 days: fully-guided legal tour that puts you face-to-face with the wonders that Cuba has to offer! Learn more.
- A Taste of Malaysia, Borneo & Bangkok| 14 days: Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Borneo with Bako National Park (Semenggoh Orangutan Center!) & Batang Ai, plus Bangkok. Learn more.
- Athens & 4 Day Greek Isles Cruise| 9 days: Athens' incredible history then four day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi & Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini & Crete! Learn more.
I have a limited number of spots available for this wonderful tour to Puglia, in the southern region of Italy, along the beautiful coast of the Adriatic Sea.
We will be visiting some unique towns, indulging ourselves in the delicious local cuisine, drinking fine Italian wine, and just enjoying the moment! I am Italian myself, so your interactions with the local people will be easy and interesting. Puglia is a sun-filled universe full of gorgeous hill towns, beautiful stretches of farmland and endless miles of magnificent coastline. You'll visit Bari, the capital of Puglia, Lecce, the "Florence of the South," known for its baroque architecture and much more/
Contact Albina at (416) 728-4662 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel freely with the Leader in Solo Travel!
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer Free Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge.
- Best of Africa: South Africa, Zimbabwe & Botswana – 2020
- Gaelic Adventure: Ireland's Cultural Capitals & Northwest Counties – 2020
- Majestic Rivers of Europe Wine Cruise: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales - 2020
- France Culinary Delights: Paris to Normandy - 2020
Travel with an intimate group of no more than 14 people led by June Morrocco who lived for 10 years in Sperlonga, a beautiful coastal town halfway between Rome and Naples, also known as the "The Pearl of the Mediterranean." It's best known for the Roman Emperor Tiberius' villa and the recently excavated sea grotto. Sperlonga is a wonderful place to have a true Italian lifestyle experience.
You'll stay 14 nights in Sperlonga at Marconi's, a charming B&B overlooking magnificent sunsets and the vast expanse of the sea. June, who speaks Italian fluently, will share her love and knowledge of the area. You'll take fascinating day trips to close-by local villages, Rome, Pompei, Positano on the Amalfi Coast and the island of Ponza. You’ll enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy. And much more. Get ready for The Trip of a Lifetime.
2020 Trips– May 4th-19th, May 18th-June 2nd, September 1st-16th, September 15th-30th.
For further information please contact June Morrocco at (971) 706-9328 or at email@example.com
WOMEN'S JOURNEY TO KENYA FEBRUARY and JULY 2020 –A passionate luxury adventure for a woman’s heart! Get away from it all! Meet a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, elite visionaries and colorful village women, while enjoying premier hotels with international cuisine. Take adventurous safaris, see unspoiled beauty and magnificent wildlife. Immerse in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored. Expect concierge services by expert host, Linda Higdon, who has worked 17 years with Kenya's women, giving you backstage exclusive access! Renew with time just for you! Rest easy, knowing English is spoken. We personally welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to your elegant Nairobi hotel. FREE BONUS SAFARI with Early Bird Prices.
Experience the trip now! Take a Virtual Tour
Write to Linda@Globaheartjourneys.
- Wabi-Sabi Tour of Japan: March/April 2020: Enter Japanese culture from a Zen Point of View as we explore important Zen Gardens and Temples and cherish the beauty of Cherry Blossom season. Take an Ikebana class, experience a tea ceremony and stay in a monastery for a night. (savings of $200)
- Ravishing Rhine River Valley Tour May 2020: See France, Germany and Switzerland in exclusive luxury without long boring drives. Sip some world-class wines this spring in Amazing Alsace, France + Flourish in Fantastic Freiburg & the Black Forest during white Asparagus season + Soak up the artistic side of Beautiful Basel Switzerland with a local guide. There are a plethora of flower-ridden villages dotted with half-timbered medieval houses in this region, you’ll be transported back in time.
- Life at the Chateau Sept. 2020 Sip some of the world’s best white & red wines while residing in your very own private Chateau (with a moat) in the glorious Burgundy region of France. We’ll have the Chateau to ourselves and we’ll learn from the proprietors what it's like to live the Chateau-Life including picking and arranging your seasonal flowers, setting a grand table for 12 and more. We’ll enjoy an award-winning spa followed by a 2-Star Michelin lunch then bike along the canal. We'll take a cooking class, learn about mustard and explore Beloved Beaune, and Flavigny sur Ozerain, the village featured in the film “Chocolate.
Solo Kiwi Ventures host custom tours and retreats for women who dream of getting out of their comfort zone but need some encouragement or have no one to travel with.
We offer a range of trips, from a rejuvenating retreat in Bali to an active adventure in Bali and the Gili Islands. Our curated itineraries give you time to soak up the amazing locations, embrace the culture and have fun with your new friends.
Book now to enjoy an affordable and stress-free adventure with a small group of like-minded ladies (max 8) There is no single supplement on any of our trips and payments plans are available.
- Bali Rejuvenate Retreat: 9-16 May 2020, 7 nights in Ubud, Bali. Tailored for the more mature ladies. Unwind with daily yoga and immerse yourself in some of Bali’s best cultural and wellness activities. Relax by the pool before heading out for delectable cuisine over a cocktail and a have laugh with your new friends.
- Bali & Gili Islands Explore: 16-30 May 2020. 14 nights. Soak up the beaches in Canggu, mingle with monkeys in Ubud, snorkel the crystal clear waters of the Gilis.
Sign up for our newsletter here and receive exclusive discounts only available to members
For enquiries contact: Sharon McLean firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +64 274335637
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On both Seahorse II and Gemini Explorer we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On all three small ships cabin-sharing is available.
- Discover Scotland by Land and Sea. Now booking for 2020 and 2021.
- Two NEW 10 nights cruise to the Magical Outer Hebrides (Lewis, Harris and Shiants). Departure dates 24th May 2020 and 15th July 2020.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- For available dates, take a look at our 2020 calendar and 2021 calendar. Cruises vary between 3 and 11 nights.
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2020!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2020 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Visit the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, the gateway to Canada’s history.
No single supplement on a limited quantity of cabins in categories 3 through 7 aboard the Ocean Endeavour. We also have shared cabin options available.
Book Multiple Trips and Save 25%!
Combine two or more Ocean Endeavour expeditions in the same calendar year and save 25% off each!
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and to the land through award-winning travel experiences.
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: May 31-June 6, 2020- 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy. Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece. Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France. French Riviera: June 7-13, & September 27- October 3, 2020 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy, Umbria: May 25-31, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention solo travelerworld.com.
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.