Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies. Here are just a few:
- Women's Journey to Kenya
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals and Fairy Tales 2019
- Cruise the Scottish Islands
- Galapagos cruises
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Walk Amalfi coast
Every Month A New List of Singles Group Travel Deals
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
Silversea welcomes solo travelers aboard our intimate ships with an exclusive selection of voyages offering Silver Privilege Fares with no supplement added. Every voyage includes an exclusive welcome reception, making it easier to meet and mingle with other solo travelers. On select voyages, Make new acquaintances while enjoying the all-inclusive lifestyle of Silversea and exploring the authentic beauty of the world.
If you’ve always loved the idea of a learning adventure by ship but aren’t sure about commercial cruises, we have the perfect experiences for you. In the spring of 2020, we’re casting off on a brand new collection of voyages aboard our first-ever floating campus, the Aegean Odyssey. The perfect level of comfort and amenities. Extraordinary educational experiences. And, of course, ship mates who love to learn as much as you do. We’ve thought of everything to ensure your time onboard is the best experience at the best value. Here’s you’ll love about our floating campus:
- Voyages 20% to 30% below the cost of most commercial cruises
- Expert-led field trips in every port of call for an in-depth experience
- Lectures from two onboard expert instructors on every departure
- Free round-trip airfare is available from many cities, plus worry-free transportation from the airport to the ship
- You can combine several of these unique itineraries for back-to-back learning adventures and save up to $1,000 per person!
Text:Experience the life and soul of our global destinations with our English-speaking guides without worrying about any of the safety issues connected to travelling alone. Your bank balance will like it too, because we’ll match you up with a like-minded roommate, so you don’t have to pay a single supplement. And the real beauty of this deal is that if we don’t match you with a roommate, we’ll pay your single supplement! It’s a win-win!
- Morocco’s Big South & Kasbahs: save up to $799 on this 7-day voyage. Discover Morocco’s mountain ranges and deserts, its culture and history, and the ancient medinas and modern neighborhoods
- Royal India: save up to $895 on this 16-day trip. Experience the richness of India on this Signature Tour that will help you discover India’s amazing diversity, embedded in its geography, people and culture
- Highlights of Quito & Galapagos Islands: save up to $499 on this 7-day adventure. Enjoy sweeping views of the bustling city of Quito, see Giant Tortoises in their natural habitat on the beautiful Galapagos Islands & more
- Peruvian Dream: save up to $499 on this 8-day journey. Admire the colonial architecture of the capital city, Lima, visit one of the most significant archaeological sites on the planet, Machu Picchu & more
- Super South Africa & Dubai: save up to $899 on this 13-day expedition. Get to experience two of the world's most unique countries in one trip: marvel at the natural beauty of South Africa and at Dubai's unique architecture
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
Riviera River Cruises has added cruises exclusively for solo travelers in 2019 in both spring and fall, which allows guests to enjoy destinations without contending with summer crowds.”
And these exclusive departures for solo travelers offer the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like-minded travelers, without paying a single supplement for any cabin or suite across the entire ship.
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways. None are older than 5 years. They feature: spacious exceptionally well-appointed cabins; no surcharges onboard -3 restaurants; complimentary room service for breakfast; shore excursions included
- Burgundy, The Rhone & Provence: October 14, 2019
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg: October 21, 2019
- The Blue Danube: November 4, 2019
- The Douro, Porto & Salamanca: November 8, 2019
Solo Traveler readers: save an additional $100 using code STWJAN19 at check out!
Whether you are flying solo this time around, or just booking your own private room on a group tour with friends or family, we have the perks and experience to make your trip exceptional
- 7 Day Tour to Cuba’s historic Havana and the Scenic Viñales Valley: See the Tour
- 11 days, 3 countries, 3 icons: Cape Town, jewel of South Africa; Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; 4 world-class safaris in Chobe, Botswana: See the Tour
- 10 Day Discovery the Adriatic including Croatia & Slovenia with Venice: See the Tour
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar.
- We have a lot of new and exciting cruises, from 5 to 11 nights, exploring the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- * NEW cruises, some with art and photography tutors, through the Caledonian Canal, around the Isle of Mull, to the famous Isle of Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our small group adventures or trip extensions. We provide solo travelers with itineraries that feature authentic cultural experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations in the destinations that interest them most—all while traveling in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their adventures by choosing their preferred airline, adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
100,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 70+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear.
Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings.
Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel18” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour. Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. Choose from some of our most-popular summer itineraries in Ireland, Scotland, Iceland to Greenland or even our High Arctic Explorer. It’s a great time be single!
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Scotland Slowly – the Magic of the Scottish Isles
- In the Wake of the Vikings – From Iceland to Greenland
- High Arctic Explorer
Edible Destinations is where travelers discover their culinary inspirations through unique, world-wide cooking vacations and culinary getaways. Learn the delicious secrets of regional cuisines, enjoy intimate foodie tours, visit the markets, taste premium wines and immerse yourself in hands-on cooking classes. From culinary weekends to cooking vacations, you’ll find the perfect recipe for adventure at EdibleDestinations.com. Click Here to see special offers. Or click one of the destinations below:
- Flavors of Loire Valley. 35% Discount and no Single Supplement. This tour is designed as an introduction to the Loire Valley, seen through the eyes of an epicurean – great food, world-class wines and immersive experiences.
- Culinary Adventures in the Yucatán. 45% Discount and no Single Supplement. A luxurious Yucatán holiday flavored with Mayan Culture and Cooking. Roll up your sleeves at this fabulous hacienda to cook alongside the talented staff, and visit some of the most important Mayan archaeological sites. Welcome to the Mundo Maya!
- A Taste of Abruzzo. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. From the heart of the Apennine Mountains to the Adriatic Sea, you will experience old-world cultures and unique, regional cuisines. Learning to cook Italian food is no longer just a dream.
- Athens and Aegina Island Culinary Adventure. 50% Discount and no Single Supplement. A food lover’s foray through Athens and the Greek Island of Aegina. Your culinary adventure provides the opportunity to experience one of the most colorful, historic and food-centric cultures on Earth.
- Flavors of Santa Fe, New Mexico. No Single Supplement. Save over $700! Enjoy luxury accommodations just a few blocks from the Plaza, dine on authentic New Mexican cuisine, participate in a hands-on cooking class, and indulge in a guided foodie tour of Santa Fe!
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 44 years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
Sound good? We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until June 30, 2020, when booked before January 30, 2019. Promo code: SoloAdventures2019. Not combinable with any other offer. A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers:
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
Mention Solo Traveler to Receive Single Supplement Special!
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: September 15-21, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. August 31-September 7, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others September 8-14, 6 nights. New tour added! Solo Traveler Special!: Free room upgrade if booked before 2/22/19. Must mention Solo Traveler.
- ArtWalk Parma, Italy: Art and travel journal workshop in the culinary epicenter of Italy. August 24-30, 6 nights, no single supplement for Solo Traveler guests if booked before 2/22/19. Must mention Solo Traveler.
Get your own room at no extra cost with Explore’s biggest ever solo offer featuring 90 trips. You'll have to hurry though. There are limited free single rooms available in the offer – when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Buddha’s Island. Uncover the highlights of the 'Pearl of the Indian Ocean' at a relaxed pace. This two week exploration of spiritual Sri Lanka features a mix of ancient cities, rock carvings, gilded Buddhist temples and wildlife-filled national parks.
- Inside Vietnam. Traveling along 2,000 miles of coastline experience spectacular landscapes, great local food, UNESCO-listed towns and learn about the ancient and modern history on this epic journey across Vietnam.
- Shogun Trail. This action-packed journey by high-speed rail covers many of Japan's iconic sights. Explore Tokyo's neon-lit streets, and discover Kyoto's tranquil temples.
Discover the sights, cities, people and history of India on this escorted small group tour for women. Visit Mumbai, sacred Varanasi, Jaipur, the Taj Mahal and Ranthambhore National Park. Featuring gentle walking tours, tiger safaris, Ganges boat ride, vibrant bazaars and contemporary dining at India’s top restaurant. Experience India firsthand with the support of a group and in the company of like-minded women. Designed by and for women travellers, with a female tour host.
- Search for tigers in Ranthambhore, relax with an include massage, see the sublime Taj Mahal, enjoy a luxury haveli stay in Jaipur and a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
- Fully-escorted by Glenda McMillan-Andersson from Australia-based destination specialist India Unbound. Glenda’s experience in the travel industry spans multiple decades
- Price includes single rooms throughout – NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. View the trip itinerary here
- Book with a friend before February 22 and you fly free. Contact ustoday for further details on flying free.
Zegrahm Expeditions, a leader in expedition travel, is waiving the solo supplement in select categories on two amazing small-ship voyages:
Treasures of Japan with South Korea April 12 – 28, 2019
Visit Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples, stroll through traditional gardens, photograph Miyajima’s red torii gate, and spend a full day in Gyeongju, South Korea.
Iberian Peninsula April 18 – May 3, 2019
Enjoy a private tour of the Alhambra, visit Barcelona’s iconic Sagrada Familia Church, and sample port wine and local delicacies in Porto.
Secluded gardens, sun-drenched terraces, a cool vine verandah, a gurgling river, beautifully restored historic buildings ... bright airy bedrooms with new en suite bathrooms, and lovely river, garden and mountain views ... warm hospitality… delicious food prepared from fresh local ingredients...
Just some of the delights of The Watermill at Posara in Tuscany, Italy. Expertly run by Bill and Lois Breckon for more than 25 years the Watermill specialises in relaxing, inspiring learning weeks with internationally renowned tutors. “The most wonderful week, in a most beautiful and unique setting. One of the best holidays I have experienced.”
- Scriptwriting with comedy legends Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran. Learn all about the scriptwriting process in one-to-one tutorials, team writing sessions and the study of classic films and television programmes. And … lots of free time to enjoy the beauty and history of this part of Italy.
- Writing your memoir Learn how to write the stories of your life in a vivid and engaging way, with like-minded people in the 'safe haven' of the Watermill and its secluded gardens
- Painting holidays Fun-filled, sun-filled, inspirational painting courses, with tuition by inspirational international tutors, all Inclusive with wonderful food and outings to unforgettable locations. Courses are designed to help both experienced painters and beginners.
- Knitting and La Bella Vita Make new friends while learning new knitting techniques and working on projects specially designed by our internationally famous tutors.
- Learn Italian from Italians Specially designed language lessons on the Watermill's vine veranda and excursions to practice your language skills and to savour the natural beauty of Lunigiana, the unspoiled area of Tuscany surrounding the Watermill
Explore New Zealand in the world's first Solo Self-Contained campervan with Mad Campers
From towering mountains to breathtaking beaches… every day is an adventure in New Zealand and a trip with Mad Campers is the best way to experience it!
Comfort of a Campervan, convenience of a car.
Our MAD1 is New Zealand’s first campervan designed specifically for solo travelers - offering you all the freedom of exploring in a campervan with the ease of driving a car.
Everything you need for your New Zealand road trip…
- Our self-contained campers come with all your bedding and a fully kitted kitchen - so it really is a home on wheels.
- Economic and easy to drive, which makes taking the scenic route more relaxing and affordable.
- 5 star service, because we’re travelers too and will do everything we can to give you the trip of a lifetime!
- Have a real Kiwi experience with our Mad Challenge and get 5% off.
Book now and get 10% off your New Zealand Adventure!
*Discount only valid for travel dates before 1stNovember 2019. Applies to daily rental cost.
- Africa– overland through some of the continent’s best national parks and natural marvels
- Egypt– discover the ancient wonders of the pharaohs with our popular local guides
- India– explore the Golden Triangle and beyond while staying in beautiful heritage properties
- Vietnam– experience the highlights from Hanoi in the north to Ho Chi Minh in the south
- China– travel from Shanghai to Beijing with a night spent at the famous Great Wall
- First, there’s never a single supplement. Everyone has a private room (so important in Paris where hotel rooms are quite small).
- Speaking of small, our groups are limited to 10 people, so you won't feel like you're part of a herd. And we never use tour buses or eat in restaurants catering to large groups of tourists.
- You’ll get the best of both worlds with structured morning group outings and afternoons free. To help you plan your free time you’ll get a comprehensive booklet of city maps, a museum pass, a metro pass and, of course, our advice on what to do and how to do it. For more on trip itineraries, see our 2019 Small Group Trips page.
- And we have trips for both first-time and return visitors to Paris.
- Also, we’re full-time Parisians – long-time residents who know the city, so you’ll get more than just the touristy highlights.
- 2019 small group trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours and pricing.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
A TASTE OF SICILY Join a wine-loving group of travelers as we spend 10 days in four areas of Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu and surrounds, around Mt. Etna, and the west coast (Trapani, Erice and Marsala.) We visit wineries and food artisans, enjoy a cooking class or two, and eat a lot of wonderful Sicilian food. The dates: October 24 - November 3, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for a $150 discount off the tour.
SLOVENIA IN THE SPRING Slovenia is a beautiful country with lovely people, fantastic food and great wines. Not to mention the scenery. If you have been thinking about visiting this off-the-beaten-track country, consider the weeklong A Taste of Slovenia tour. The dates are April 20 – 27, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for $200 off!
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.