Every month the Solo Travel Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies.
List of Solo Travel Trips Updated Monthly
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
The Only List of Singles Group Travel Deals that We Know of. Solo Travel Tours & Cruises with No or Low Single Supplements
Belgium, The Netherlands & Copenhagen: Culture & Cuisine - April 17-30-2020
Join Pack A Fork! on an springtime exploration through these three countries when the flowers are in full bloom. We’ll take in the history, culture, architecture and off-the-beaten-path sites. Experience traditional Belgian & Dutch cuisine and the New Nordic cuisine that’s put Copenhagen on the map as a culinary destination!
Morocco: The Land, History, Culture & Cuisine - September 3-18, 2020
Join Pack A Fork! through the wonderland that is Morocco. We’ll travel through this North African country, its dramatic coastline, breathtaking mountains and sweeping deserts and its hundreds of faces and sounds - all ready to welcome you!
Contact Pack a Fork at 303-652-1535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our Mailing List here
Encounter Travel takes ‘alone’ out of solo travel. The solo traveller specialists - since 2006, creating group tours and cruises for solo travellers to destinations across the globe.
2020 new season tours released including new tours to Greece, Turkey, and more.
- Experience small groups, without the drawbacks of big coach tours
- Not all travellers are the same – with 6 travel styles we’ve got something for everyone
- Enjoy our ‘Solos Only’ stand out differences
- Experience age-matched travel groups
- Welcoming solo travellers from all over the world
- Thailand Highlights with New Year’s Eve. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. A small group touring the highlights with a 2 night resort stay in Phuket.
- Italian Splendour. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. From Rome to the Lakes. Super small group boutique tour.
- Greece & Greek Islands. Solos Only. 40 Years & Over. From the north of Greece to Athens, countryside, ancient history & highlight island visits
- Discover North India with Kerala Extension Option. Solos Only. 45 Years &Over. Amazing discovery including Varanasi. Choose to extend with a South India tour.
- Icons of Eastern Europe. Solos Only. 45 Years & Over. All the best from Russia, through the Baltic states, ending in Vienna
CALL US (during Sydney, Australia office hours): From Australia TEL: 1300 653 692. From New Zealand TEL: 0800 653 692From outside Australia & New Zealand: TEL: +61 2 9267 9979 or +61 2 8084 2834
Dreaming of Paris at Christmas? Join us for a magical week you’ll never forget.
Why Paris Personally?
- Small groups– maximum 10 people for a more enjoyable experience.
- No single supplement.Paris hotel rooms are small, so you’ll be happy to have a private room!
- Authentic Paris experiences. No tour coaches, no tourist restaurants.
- Both structured group outings andfree time each day.
- 6-day museum pass, 7-day metro/bus pass, city and metro maps, and insider tips from your full-time Parisian guide.
- Reserve now to get your 2020 trip at the 2019 price!
Stay in the center of Paris in a boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy an authentic Paris experiencewith your bilingual, full-time Parisian guide who knows the city inside and out. Click below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
- Our “Christmas in Paris” trip is filling up fast! Book now to avoid missing out!
- Our 2020 trips are all open for registration. Get in now at 2019 prices!
- Are you more Must-See Paris or A Week With the French?
- See what our clients have to say.
Contact email@example.com or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
Fun, educational, and life-changing small-ship expeditions to the Arctic and Atlantic Canada.
Navigate the icy waters of the Northwest Passage, explore the coast of Labrador or circumnavigate Newfoundland.
On board, enjoy presentations from foremost regional experts as we explore everything from local and international politics to arts, science, and culture.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour.
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company. Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Imperial Cities with Oberammergau Passion Play: This trip comes along only once a decade. Delve into Budapest, Vienna and Prague, the Imperial Cities of Central Europe, and experience traditional entertainment and the epic Oberammergau Passion Play that comes around only once a decade – May through October 2020 only. Limited availability.
- Discover Croatia, Slovenia and the Adriatic Coast - Dive into one thousand years of Croatian history as you explore its medieval cities, tranquil lakes, and charming local villages.
- Countryside of Emerald Isle – Visit Ireland and have rollicking fun as you journey along some of the world’s most scenic roads set beside emerald green rolling hills.
- Icelandic Adventure – Set out to discover Iceland’s adventurous landscapes and rich cultural heritage. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls to coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
- Italy’s Treasures: Art, Food and Wine – The romance of Italy comes to life on this culinary and cultural adventure that will take you from medieval masterpieces to lively markets.
Costa Rica is a great adventure travel destination for solo travelers - from spotting wildlife in the cloud forests to whitewater rafting and zip lining, there is a lot to see and do.
Choose from 6 unique Costa Rica trips and save 10% if you book from now until 30Sep 2019.
The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Explore Costa Rica. With adventure, wildlife and beautiful beaches to boot, this best-selling two-week trip won't disappoint.
- Costa Rica Coast to Coast. Discover Costa Rica's vivid natural beauty in comfort. Staying in a series of premium hotels, spot wildlife from a boat on Tortuguero's wild waterways, hike in tropical rainforest, look down into emerald crater lakes and take a break on one of Costa Rica's many golden sand beaches.
- Highlights of Costa Rica. A perfect week's getaway for travelers in search of Costa Rica's natural beauty. From brightly colored toucans to slow-moving sloths, the tropical forests of this tiny country teem with life.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Riviera River Cruises offers many departures in 2020 exclusively for solo travelers which allows guests to enjoy their cruises without paying any single supplement.
All major European waterways are included offering guests the opportunity to experience a European river cruise on a five-star ship with like- minded travelers .
Riviera River Cruises has the youngest fleet sailing the European waterways – none older than 6 years. Spacious, exceptionally well-appointed cabins – no surcharges on board, 2 restaurants, complimentary room service for breakfast, shore excursions included.
- One of the highest space to guest ratios in the industry
- All major European rivers have dedicated solo departures
- Many overnights in port where the ship acts as a floating hotel
- Itineraries that are planned to give our guests a more immersive travel experience.
Friendly Planet crafts journeys that reﬂect how we love to travel. It's not about checking things oﬀ a list. We're passionate about getting to know and love other cultures, making new friends and getting beyond day-to-day boundaries. Then, after an exhilarating day exploring, we still enjoy a good night's sleep in a great hotel with modern amenities. With Friendly Planet, you don't have to choose between cultural immersion and comfort.
- Authentic Havana| 5 days: fully-guided legal tour that puts you face-to-face with the wonders that Cuba has to offer! Learn more.
- A Taste of Malaysia, Borneo & Bangkok| 14 days: Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Borneo with Bako National Park (Semenggoh Orangutan Center!) & Batang Ai, plus Bangkok. Learn more.
- Athens & 4 Day Greek Isles Cruise| 9 days: Athens' incredible history then four day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi & Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini & Crete! Learn more.
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On both Seahorse II and Gemini Explorer we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On all three small ships cabin-sharing is available.
- All guests who book a September or October 2019 cruise will now receive an extraordinary 35% discount! Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal cruise (6 nights) now from £942 instead of £1450. Simply quote STW19 when booking.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar and 2020 calendar. Cruises vary between 3 and 11 nights.
- NEW Scottish Island golfing, whisky and wildlife cruise, first departure April 2020 for 8 nights
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- Mumbai: off the Beaten Path October 12-19. This experience begins in Mumbai with some Bollywood fun before going on to the artisan villages of Kutch. Workshops include embroidery, block printing, and bandhini. Tour ends in the beautiful Udaipur, Rajasthan famous for its magnificent palaces.
- Royal Rajasthan with Diwali (October 19-28) Continue on with us in Udaipur as we wind our way through Royal Rajasthan. Celebrate Diwali in the pink city of Jaipur after 10 days of the best boutique accommodations that Rajasthan has to offer. Registration for October's Royal Rajasthan with Diwali is open. Secure your spot and pay NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT.
- Five Star Delhi with Taj Mahal (Oct28 - Nov 1)This 5-star tour is for visitors who want to experience the Taj Mahal, as well as sunset and sunrise with exclusive hotels and Delhi experiences.
You can see the complete itineraries at: https://crackingindiatours.com/
Sign up for our Newsletter here
Questions? Call (732) 567-3965 Or email Ann Marie McCarthy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our Small Group Adventures or trip extensions. And we offer low-cost Single Supplements on all Small Ship Adventures. Our itineraries feature authentic people-to-people experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations—always in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14 by land and 22 by sea). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their experiences by adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, choosing their preferred airline, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2020?
- New! Ancient Egypt & the Nile River
- Egypt & the Eternal Nile by Private, Classic River-Yacht
- Suez Canal Crossing: Israel, Egypt, Jordan & the Red Sea
- Machu Picchu & the Galápagos
- Enhanced! Japan's Cultural Treasures
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2020 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Travel with an intimate group of no more than 14 people led by June Morrocco who lived for 10 years in Sperlonga, a beautiful coastal town halfway between Rome and Naples, also known as the "The Pearl of the Mediterranean." It's best known for the Roman Emperor Tiberius' villa and the recently excavated sea grotto. Sperlonga is a wonderful place to have a true Italian lifestyle experience.
You'll stay 14 nights in Sperlonga at Marconi's, a charming B&B overlooking magnificent sunsets and the vast expanse of the sea. June, who speaks Italian fluently, will share her love and knowledge of the area. You'll take fascinating day trips to close-by local villages, Rome, Pompei, Positano on the Amalfi Coast and the island of Ponza. You’ll enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy. And much more. Get ready for The Trip of a Lifetime.
2020 Trips– May 4th-19th, May 18th-June 2nd, September 1st-16th, September 15th-30th.
For further information please contact June Morrocco at (971) 706-9328 or at email@example.com
View the entire solo traveler collection.
While many come to Cuba to experience the faded Colonial splendor of Havana, it’s really always been the interactions with local people that make the greatest impact on Road Scholar participants. Road Scholar’s relationships in Cuba, developed over 20 years, are deep, sincere and characterized by integrity and respect. Road Scholar’s experiences in Cuba fully comply with the requirements of the “Support for the Cuban People” travel category. Meeting with local artists, musicians, organic farmers and others who own their own businesses, you’ll see there is a true dialogue that takes place. Learning about authentic Cuba from Cuban people is what gives so much impact to the Road Scholar experience — for both visitors and Cubans alike. See Road Scholar’s complete collection of Cuba experiences .
Looking to travel to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Bhutan, but overwhelmed by the sheer planning of it all? Let us handle it for you -- every step of the way. You’ll experience these incredible destinations with peace of mind.
Crimson Asia is a bespoke trip planning service for travels to the South Asia region. With our extensive knowledge and personal experiences, we design and plan travel programs based on your interests and preferences. Along with our trusted local travel partners, we give you experiences that are fun, unique, safe, inspirational, memorable and transformational.
Here are some of our travel programs:
- Culinary Tours - Explore different cultures and cuisines, learn new cooking techniques, visit spice plantations and bazaars. Check out our culinary programs to North India, Goa and Sri Lanka. Programs available for groups of min. 4 persons.
- India- We have travel programs covering places like Golden Triangle, Rajasthan, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Rishikesh, Amritsar, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Kerala, in fact, we cover the entire country! Tell us where you want to travel, and we will help to design and plan your trip.
- Sri Lanka- Sri Lanka is an incredible place to visit! Experience Sri Lankan heritage & culture, food, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, beaches and tea plantations.
- Nepal- Nepal is one of the world’s great travel destinations – a small but diverse country packed with ancient temples, tropical jungles, picturesque valleys and Himalayan views all within a short distance of each other. An unforgettable experience!
Low single supplements! For queries/bookings of our travel programs, please email Kathleen Poon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you appreciate new cultures and exotic cuisine, ancient histories and heritage sites? Would you rather experience roads less travelled without compromising on comfort and avoiding the clutter of large tour groups? Perhaps you prefer women-only tours?
Incredible Indian Tours will challenge your senses and leave you wanting more with their unique and small (max 10 travellers) group tours through India, the Himalayan Kingdoms, Sri Lanka and Burma.
Discover the ‘hidden’ gems often missed by larger tour companies without compromising comfort. Enjoy these intoxicating destinations with local specialist guides and Western tour escorts who reside in and have travelled these regions extensively for over 26 years.
View our 2020/2021 tour calendar, or any of our upcoming tours:
- Incredible Gujarat 11-26 Nov
- Incredible India 6-29 Feb
- Essence of India Women-only 8 Feb-1 Mar
- Big Cats of India Wildlife & Heritage Tour 22 Mar - 10 Apr
Often new, sometimes unexpected but always amazing is the Incredible Indian Tours guarantee.
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 45+ years’ experience creating over 600 Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, and 250,000 happy travelers, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
- Wilds & Wonders of Botswana – 14 days
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast– 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Grand Southern Africa Camping Safari – 20 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until 1 Jan, 2021, when booked before 30 Oct, 2019. Promocode: SoloAdventures2019.
Whether sharing stories under a blanket of stars in Morocco or gliding down the Nile in the new m/s Nebu, Vantage welcomes solo travelers with unforgettable experiences — and value.
We offer Free Single Supplements on all departures, up to free airfare savings, exclusive Solo connections, and best-in-class Concierge.
- Mysteries of Angkor Wat & the Mekong River - 2020
- Mediterranean Delights: Greece, Italy, France, Monaco, and Spain - 2021
- France Culinary Delights: Paris to Normandy - 2020
- Essential Holland & Belgium Culinary Cruise: Tulips in Spring - 2020
Last Call for Free Single Supplement 2019 Journeys — including Holiday departures!
WOMEN'S JOURNEY TO KENYA FEBRUARY 2020 –A once-in-a lifetime luxury adventure for a woman’s heart! Get away from it all! Discover the little-known treasures of Africa in a cultural immersion experience while enjoying all the comforts of premier 4-star hotels. Walk in the footsteps of a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, elite visionaries and colorful village women. Take adventurous safaris and enjoy local art and culture. Immerse in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored. Expect concierge services by expert host, Linda Higdon, who has worked 16 years with Kenya's women, giving you exclusive access! Renew with time just for you! Rest easy, knowing English is spoken. We welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel. FREE BONUS SAFARIwith Early Bird Price.
Experience the trip now! Take a Virtual Tour
Write to Linda@Globaheartjourneys.net for details.
Are you up for exploring Colombia, with other travellers your age, and making a positive impact in the places you visit? Then come join us and discover why Colombia is THE hottest place to travel in 2019!
We’re Other Way Round and we’re obsessed with sharing the real Colombia with the world. We take small groups of adventurous travellers to the most beautiful, cultural and inspiring parts of Colombia with a focus on getting you away from the tourist areas and immersed in AUTHENTIC Colombia.
Here’s just a flavour of what you can expect:
- Explore the vibrant cities of MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Dance SALSA and CHAMPETA
- Participate in Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Meet COFFEE farmers and understand their craft
- Island-hop the stunning ROSARIO ISLANDS (on our private boat)
- HIKE lush jungles and discover breathtaking beaches in PARQUE TAYRONA
- LEARN about Colombia’s difficult past
We offer 1 and 2-week tours, for guests aged 25-45, the majority of whom travel solo. Sound like your kind of thing?
Then click here for prices, itineraries & dates and receive your 10% OFF discount code to save up to $350 when you book.
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
No hiking boots or backpacks required! We offer a unique blend of leisurely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. Our travel journal workshops are a solo traveler favorite. All levels welcome and supported. Explore all our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava: May 31-June 6, 2020- 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy: Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como. May 23-30, & October 19-26, 2020, 7 nights
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini: October 1-13, 2019- April 21-May 3 & October 6-18, 2020 12 nights.
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: June 7-13, & September 27- October 3, 6 nights
- Blue Walk Italy, Umbria: May 25-31, 2020, 6 nights.
Reduced single supplement for all tours. Must mention solo travelerworld.com.
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.