Every month the Solo Traveler Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers. This page has dozens of trips from over 20 tour companies. Here are just a few:
- Slovenia in the Spring
- Women's Journey to Kenya
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals and Fairy Tales 2019
- Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Cruise the Scottish Islands
- Iceland Circumnavigation
- Galapagos cruises
- Walk Amalfi coast
Buy Now or Find Inspiration to Buy Later
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement.
In many cases there is none. Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Every Month A New List of Group Trips for Solo Travelers
Edible Destinations is where travelers discover their culinary inspirations through unique, world-wide cooking vacations and culinary getaways. Learn the delicious secrets of regional cuisines, enjoy intimate foodie tours, visit the markets, taste premium wines and immerse yourself in hands-on cooking classes. From culinary weekends to cooking vacations, you’ll find the perfect recipe for adventure at EdibleDestinations.com. Click
- A Taste of Abruzzo. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. From the heart of the Apennines to the Adriatic Sea. Save over $1,700 USD with extra Holiday Bonus!
- Culinary Adventures into the Italian Countryside. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. Medieval Villages, Cultural Discovery and Regional Cooking! Save over $1,700 USD with extra Holiday Bonus!
- Splendors of the Italian Adriatic. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. An Adriatic Culinary Holiday in Old Abruzzi & Molise. Save over $1,700 USD with extra Holiday Bonus!
- Tuscany, Truffles, Cooking & Wine. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. Experience the Wonders of Tuscany with Siena, Cortona, Montepulciano and Pienza! Save over $1,900 USD with extra Holiday Bonus!
- Discovery of Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii and Capri. 40% Discount and no Single Supplement. Take a Trip Back in History on this Magical Mediterranean Adventure. Save over $1,800 USD with extra Holiday Bonus!
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour and 64-Passenger Variety Voyagerto be sold with no single supplement. Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. Choose from some of our most-popular summer itineraries in Ireland, Scotland or Iceland or escape to winter with our new Costa Rica to Panama adventure aboard a mega yacht. It’s a great time to be single!
- Costa Rica to the Panama Canal on a Mega yacht
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Scotland Slowly – the Magic of the Scottish Isles
- Iceland Circumnavigation: The Land of Fire and Ice
Choose one of our superb value, Hebridean island cruises from April to October. Many activities ashore and afloat, incredible scenery, rare wildlife, delicious local food with your dedicated chef. Some cruises, also feature an onboard art or photography tutor or a wildlife guide.
On Seahorse II we have single cabins and a limited number of double cabins with no single supplement. On Seahorse II and St Hilda, cabin-sharing is available. Learn more and book here: www.sthildaseaadventures.co.uk. Alternatively, call +44 1776 810802 or e-mail email@example.com.
- For available dates, take a look at our 2019 calendar.
- We have a lot of new and exciting cruises, from 5 to 11 nights, exploring the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
- NEW guided wildlife tours to St Kilda and the Isle of Skye, with no extra cost to our passengers!
- * NEW cruises through the Caledonian Canal, around the Isle of Mull, to the famous Isle of Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides
Singles Travel International has mastered the art of the single traveler! Solo travelers come together as a group to share the experience. We save the solo traveler from spending extra money on single supplements by offering competitive rates and working with unique vendors to ease the single supplement to less than 25%. Community Membership is FREE
- Singles Sailing Adventure Thailand– NO Solo Supplement!The world’s largest active sailboat. SIX cabins available at this price. Code SOLOSAIL
- Isle of Crete Rendezvous– 7 nights. Your own room at an ALL singles resort! NO Solo Supplement! The beautiful Greek island of Crete.
- River Cruises for Singles? YES! NO Solo Supplement!Grab yours today. Explore the Germany, Holland and France.
- Epic Mediterranean– June 2019 – 7 nights. Italy, France and Spain
- Blissful Alaska Cruise– August 2019 – 7 nights on the Inside Passage
- 7 Day Tour to Cuba’s historic Havana and the Scenic Viñales Valley: See the Tour
- 9 Day adventure in Costa Rica including San José, Tortuguero, Arenal & Monteverde: See the Tour
- 10 Day Discovery the Adriatic including Croatia & Slovenia with Venice: See the Tour
Swim with sea lions and penguins, bask in the sun with marine iguanas…. Over 50 small expedition cruise ships ply Galapagos waters. Empty berths remaining 90 days or less prior to the sailing date get posted on GalapagosCruiseLinks by the ship owners. Up to 50% off regular prices. Browse availabilities and contact owners directly – no intermediaries. Start a conversation with them and find a ship best suited to your needs.
Not ready yet? Sign up here to get notified when a deal that meets your criteria is posted.
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company. Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
Our story is simple. My stuff got stolen while traveling, so I wanted a theft-proof travel bag. No good ones existed, so I invented one and launched it on Kickstarter. It went viral. I got cancer. We got a deal on ABC’s Shark Tank. I beat cancer. Our bags became the gold standard in anti-theft travel bags. Bad people knocked us off, cut corners, and produced inferior junk. They failed. We grew because we never skimp on anything. Our bags may be overkill, but when you’re alone in the world, failure is not an option. LOCTOTE enables you to live more and worry less.
Don Halpern – Founder & CEO – Loctote Industrial Bag Co
- Locks Shut- prevents items from being stolen from the bag (solid brass lock included)
- Locks to Any Fixed Object- prevents the bag from being stolen (steel-reinforced lock strap)
- Slash Resistant Fabric- prevents slash-and-grab theft (Along with Honeywell and Tuff-N-Lite, we developed a textile that is literally off the charts for every cut-resistance measure – exceeds ANSI A9)
- Slash Resistant Ropes- prevents cut-and-run theft (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene core)
- Shields Against RFID Scanning- prevents unauthorized card scanning (certified RFID-blocking interior pocket lining)
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
Hiking boots and backpacks are optional as we offer a unique blend of lovely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. We also offer yoga and art-themed tours. Explore our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
NEW TOURS ADDED:
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava in 2019: June 9-15& September 15-21, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Italy.Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como, 2019 dates April 6-13, August 31-September 7, 7 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini, 2019 dates May 5-17, &October 1-13, 12 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others – 2019 April 27-May 3 & September 8-14, 6 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
Get out of your comfort zone, push your boundaries, and uncover places few travelers have ever experienced. From zodiac cruising and offshore excursions to evening bar talks and open-seated dining, there are a number of ways to meet other adventurous travelers like you while on an Antarctic expedition. If you’re ready for unparalleled adventure, don’t wait. There’s never been a better time to go solo.
Save 15% on select Antarctic expeditions when you book between now and January 31st with departures from November 2018 – February 2019.
- Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent
- Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings
To learn more about the Polar Regions, visit us at QuarkExpeditions.com or talk to a Polar Travel Adviser at
- International - 1.802.222.0454
- North America - 1.844.409.1615
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
Slovenia in the Spring Slovenia is a beautiful country with lovely people, fantastic food and great wines. Not to mention the scenery. If you have been thinking about visiting this off-the-beaten-track country, consider the weeklong A Taste of Slovenia tour. The dates are April 20 – 27, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for $200 off!
Food, Wine & Culture in Catalonia
Amazing Catalonia tour (September 14 – 23, 2019) will include some time at Tarragona’s famous Santa Tecla festival. Mention solo traveler for $150 off.
It’s easy to see the key differences between us and the others.
- There’s never a single supplement. Everyone has a private room.
- Our small groups are actually small– around 10 people – so you won't feel like you're part of a herd.
- Paris Personally combines the best of both worlds giving you structured morning outings and afternoons free. You’ll be armed with tips, maps, a museum pass and a metro pass to see, do, or eat whatever your heart desires!
And we’re full-time Parisians – long-time residents who know the city, so you’ll get more than just the touristy highlights.
So, if you want to stay in a centrally located boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and enjoy a more authentic Paris experience, click on the links below to learn more. Reserve soon because with only 10 spots, space is truly limited!
Our 2019 trips are posted, and all are open for registration, so book now!
- 2019 small group trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours and pricing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.paris-personally.com/small-group-trips to learn more.
If you’ve always wanted to do an Explore trip but haven’t booked one yet now’s the time to stop missing out. Choose from hundreds of trips and save* $100 when you book your first Explore trip from now until 24 Dec 2018 and quote 'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore'. The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Azores Island Hopping. Bathed in the warm waters of the Gulf Stream, these Portuguese islands rise up from Atlantic. Discover crater lakes, extinct volcanoes, thermal springs, deep gorges and craggy coastlines.
- Highlights of Vietnam and Cambodia. Explore colonial cities, vibrant river-side life and lost jungle temples on this fast-paced best selling adventure through Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Kingdom of the Maya. Explore Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico on this trip featuring some of the most spectacular ancient Maya sites. Staying in comfortable hotels, discover hidden Maya cities deep in the rainforest and visit beautiful colonial towns. .
*To claim your US$100 discount quote “'Solo Traveler Welcome to Explore” at time of booking. Only applicable to US residents booking their first small group Explore trip of 8 days or more duration booked in USD from 10-24Dec 2018 for travel commencing between 17Dec 2018 and 30Sep 2019. Not combinable with other discounts.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required. To request your free catalog with hundreds of adventures with no compulsory single supplements click here.
Flying Solo: $150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide
With over 44 years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours to 100 countries around the globe, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 65% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy travelers to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with single rooms for as little as $10 a night.
Sound good? We’re sweetening the deal with $150 off any tour for travel until June 30, 2020, when booked before January 30, 2019. Promo code: SoloAdventures2019. Not combinable with any other offer. A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers:
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Egypt: Nile Cruise – 8 days
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days
- Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast– 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure – 14 days
If your ideal solo adventure involves getting off the beaten track on your own two feet or by bike, our Active range of tours is perfect for you!
Join like-minded travellers on our small groups of just 16 with almost 50% solos like you. And best of all, there are no compulsory single supplements.
Here’s a selection of our most popular Active tours to whet your appetite:
- Croatia Coast & Island Walk– explore the stunning Adriatic coastline on this 8-day tour
- Trek the Sahara– follow in the footsteps of the Berbers in Morocco on this 8-day tour
- Cycle Cape Town & Winelands– traverse the dramatic coastal scenery of Cape Peninsula on this 12-day tour
- Trek Vietnam & Laos– meet the local hill tribes and visit Halong Bay on this 15-day tour
- Cycle Rajasthan– travel from Udaipur to Delhi via the Taj Mahal by bike on this 12-day tour
A joyful 16-day journey for women who want to get away from it all! Enjoy luxury with "off the beaten path" cultural immersion, special backstage access to a Nobel Prize nominee and elite women visionaries. Walk in the rhythms of the lives of village women. Immerse yourself in the spirituality of a place where time slows and life is savored.
Enjoy the unspoiled natural beauty of one of Africa's safest counties. Expect concierge service from your host, Linda Higdon, who has worked with Kenya's warm, kind women for 16 years. Enjoy Kenya's vibrant music culture. English is spoken. We'll welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel.
FREE BONUS SAFARI for JULY 2019 with Early Bird Prices through March 15 (1 spot left for February 2019).
Contact Linda Higdon 312-339-9037 or Linda@Globalheartjourneys.net
Do you dream of someday embarking on an African safari? Cruising past castles on the Rhine? Dancing the tango in Argentina? With Vantage, "someday" can be "right now." We make travel for solos affordable, enriching, safe, and as easy as it is for those traveling double-occupancy. Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers.
- Nordic Splendor: A Coastal Adventure in Norway
- Across Patagonia: Chile's Lakes, Mountains & Wildlife
- Waterways of Southern Africa: A Luxury River Cruise Safari
- Majestic Rivers of Europe: Castles, Cathedrals and Fairy Tales
- Passage to Eastern Europe Featuring Transylvania
- Switzerland, The Heart of the Rhine & Moselle
100,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 70+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear.
Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings.
Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel18” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
All Intrepid Travel group trips are perfect for solo travel. Pick from over 1,000 itineraries and join a small group of like-minded travels and an expert local guide to who will get you off the beaten path. Over 50% of travellers on Intrepid Travel trips are travelling solo. You can too.
- Vietnam Express Southbound Travel from historical Hanoi to modern Ho Chi Minh City
- Iceland Discovery Visit Iceland and see glaciers, geysers and geothermal hot springs
- Inca Trail Express Travel to Peru and discover ancient civilisations on the Inca Trail
- Best of Morocco for Solo Travellers Visit Morocco on an all-encompassing adventure from Casablanca to Marrakech for solo-travellers-only.
See what it’s like to travel solo with Intrepid Travel - Over 50% of travellers on our trips travel solo. You can too
O.A.T. is committed to helping our travelers explore the world for less, so we don’t charge a Single Supplement on any of our small group adventures or trip extensions. We provide solo travelers with itineraries that feature authentic cultural experiences in off-the-beaten-path locations in the destinations that interest them most—all while traveling in the intimacy of a small group (average of 14). Plus, we offer travelers the freedom to personalize their adventures by choosing their preferred airline, adding pre- or post-trip extensions, “breaking away” to spend more time in the region, and more. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Japan’s Cultural Treasures
- Sicily’s Ancient Landscapes & Timeless Traditions
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
Rohan was born in Britain and is worn worldwide. Founded in Yorkshire in 1972, the aim has always been to re-think conventional clothing - everything we make is protective, lightweight, packable, easycare and versatile. These five founding principles keep adventurers more comfortable, for longer, in the most variable and demanding conditions.
Your worldwide adventure starts here. RohanDesigns.com – Easily and totally secure through our site. 800 334 3750 – TOLL FREE 24 hours
- Men’s (or Women’s) Microlite Jacket - An ultra-low weight, compact down jacket for the serious outdoor enthusiast.
- Microgrid Stowaway Zip Jacket - Rohan’s best-selling fleece top with a class-leading warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Women’s Winter Jeans - Winter proof jeans that are warm, quick drying, light and comfortable. From the outside they’re a simple pair of jeans – on the inside they’re fleece lined and toasty warm.
- Men’s Winter Fusions - Just like classic, understated chinos, but they conceal a lightweight fleece lining to keep your legs warm, without adding bulk.
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.