Every month the Solo Traveler Deals page pulls together a list of the best tours for solo travelers.
Buy Now or Find Inspiration to Buy Later
We aren't a tour company ourselves. As a service to our readers, we produce and update this list of solo travel tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge - sometimes of up to 100%. On this list we only allow advertisers to promote solo travel tours that have a maximum of 20% single supplement. In many cases there is none.
The list is updated monthly. Some of the tours have the supplement waived because they are departing soon. Those fall into the "Buy Now" category. Other tours are always for solo travelers. They always have no or very low single supplements. The list is extensive and can inspire you to new places. Get inspired, do a little more research to ensure it's a destination you want, then come back, click on the link of the tour and buy.
Do you have a solo travel tour to promote? Please contact Simon Constam.
Every Month A New List of Group Trips for Solos
Feed your love of learning and adventure in some of the world’s most exotic locales. Experience the cultural flourish happening right now in Nicaragua, or learn about humpback whales off the coast of Greenland. Here’s your chance to venture far beyond your day-to-day life to learn about parts of the world little-known to outsiders.
- Honduras: Rainforest, Reef & Ruins
- The Essence of Bhutan
- Perspectives of Peru: Discover Lima, Cusco, Yucay & Machu Picchu
- The Maya and More: History and Culture of Honduras, Guatemala and Belize
- Exploring Nicaragua: Colonial Towns to Countryside
Edible Destinations is where travelers discover their culinary inspirations through unique, world-wide cooking vacations and culinary getaways. Learn the delicious secrets of regional cuisines, enjoy intimate foodie tours, visit the markets, taste premium wines and immerse yourself in hands-on cooking classes. From culinary weekends to cooking vacations, you’ll find the perfect recipe for adventure at EdibleDestinations.com.
- Culinary Splendor of the Italian Adriatic. 40% Discount and Single Supplement waived. An Adriatic Culinary Holiday in Old Abruzzi and Molise. Save over $2,100 USD!
- Cheese, Chocolate & Culinary Adventures in the Swiss Alps! 20% Discount and Single Supplement waived. A Swiss Alps Culinary Adventure from Gruyères to Montreux, Switzerland. Save over $1,400 USD!
- Southeast Asia Culinary Odyssey in Thailand and Vietnam. 30% Discount and Single Supplement waived. Two Asian Cultures in One Tour. Experience Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Save over $2,000 USD!
- La Dolce Vita Culinary Adventure in Italy. 40% Discount and Single Supplement waived. Visit Medieval Villages, Discover Old World Cultures and Immerse Yourself in Regional Cooking. Save over $2,400 USD!
- Island of Crete Culinary & Cultural Exploration. 40% Discount and Single Supplement waived. An Adventure into the Soul of Mediterranean Gastronomy and Culture. Save over $2,200 USD!
Explore has just launched over 30 new trips for 2019. Sail along the sparkling Turquoise Coast in Turkey, venture along the ancient Silk Road through the ‘Stans’ or let the reggae vibes wash over you in Jamaica – make 2019 your year of adventure.
Book one of the new trips soon and save 10%*
The following are some of the trips you can choose from.
- Explore Jamaica. See Jamaica's wild side with hikes in the lush forest of the Blue Mountains National Park. Visit a Rastafari community and explore the roots of reggae, soca and dancehall in Kingston
- Greek Islands Walking - Andros and Tinos. Discover the little-known islands of Andros and Tinos on this week-long walking trip in Greece.
- Namibia Camping Safari. Travelling across the vast Namibian deserts and national parks in a customized overlanding truck, this 12 day camping trip is a true African adventure.
*To claim your 10% discount quote “Solo New Trip” at time of booking. Only applicable to Explore small group or self-guided trips that are new for 2019 and confirmed between 04Oct-05Nov 2018. Subject to availability and price at time of booking.
Book now to enjoy an affordable adventure with a small group of like minded travelers with No single supplements required.
Singles Travel International has mastered the art of the single traveler! Solo travelers come together as a group to share the experience. We save the solo traveler from spending extra money on single supplements by offering competitive rates and working with unique vendors to ease the single supplement to less than 25%. COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP IS FREE
- BLISSFUL NewYear’s Eve Singles Cruise- Brand new ship! Unlimited drinks. NO Solo Supplement Studio Cabin! Fun singles in the Caribbean ringing in 2019.
- River Cruises for Singles? YES and we’ve got them! NO Solo Supplement! Five itineraries in Europe. This offer will not last.
- New Year’s Eve in Ecuador Adventure –7 nights. ZIP. RAFT. HIKE. CELEBRATE the New Year in a whole new way. Stay for our Galapagos tour and SAVE. Code SOLOGIG
- Singles Sailing Adventure Thailand– NO Solo Supplement! SIX cabins available at this price. Code SOLOSAIL
- $100 Cruise Deposits on NCL- $100 holds your Studio Cabin with NO Solo Supplement. Valid on cruises not in final payment. Unlimited Drink package INCLUDED!
Are you an active and adventurous solo traveller who loves to experience the extraordinary about a place, uncover the lesser-known - yet unique - places of Italy and Australia? The Rocky Travel Tours are all about this and beyond. Spend time with the locals to make genuinely authentic experiences. Michela, the owner of RTT, is an expert solo traveller and author, based between Italy and Australia, and has crafted each individual tour to suit the needs of like-minded female travellers.
- Wilsons Promontory Walking Tour. A 7-days of walking adventures in one of the best wilderness regions of Australia. February 2019.
- Walking Tour of Tasmania. Exploring the Southern Coast with the Freycinet National Park to road tripping the East Coast of Tasmania. February 2019.
- Best Small Towns in North East Italy. From Venice to Trieste through the Dolomites. 7-day of explorations for the curious solo traveller. July 2019.
- Best of Sicily.A 10-day roundtrip across the most beautiful places in Sicily. May 2019.
- Dolomites Hiking Tours A 5-day trip of South Tyrol best hiking trails with a touch of local food & culture. June + September 2019.
Skiing is all about having ski buddies who ski at your pace & are good company at dinner, that’s exactly what Singlesport offers. Some of our members are single but many have non skiing partners at home.
SingleSport offers 8 different, lo- single-supplement ski experiences: in Austria, Canada and France.
Some holidays include classes or guiding or you can just explore with your new ski buddies.
Here is our Canada trip. Prices include a flight from UK but we can quote without the flight if you are travelling from elsewhere
- Panorama in the British Columbia Rockies, Canada - incredible terrain on offer in the resort and excellent accommodation options, all within a very short walk or slide to the lifts. All breakfasts & 5 dinners included to help you get to know each other.
- Here are details and prices of all our 2018/19 ski trips https://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/
- Keep in touch to hear about our active beach holidays too
Going guided with a group is a great way to explore the world worry-free with an expert guide right by your side. Imagine seeing all of your dream destinations without the hassle of planning and logistics. All of your routes, meals, accommodations and must-sees are carefully vetted not only for quality but for safety as well.
Collette is a 100-year old, third generation, family-owned company.
Every moment matters to us because we know it matters to you.
- Iceland’s Magical Northern Lights - Spend your days surrounded by waterfalls, icebergs, and volcanic beaches and your nights in search of the spectacular northern lights. Selected dates.
- Irish Splendor - Savor a true taste of “Irish Splendor” from the breathtaking sights of Kerry to the historic Rock of Cashel, gaze across the countryside and culture of Ireland. Selected dates.
- Alpine Lakes & Trains - Travel through the enchanting Alpine villages of Switzerland and Italy. Along the way, take in the mountain scenery aboard Europe’s legendary railways. Selected dates.
- Rome & Amalfi Coast - Bask in the striking landscape as you journey from Rome to Southern Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Delight in the unique regional art, culture, food and wine. Selected details.
- Plains of Africa - scenic vistas and magnificent wildlife surround you as you traverse the African plains on an intimate safari adventure. Selected details.
- Pilgrimage-Fatima & Lourdes - Set out on a sojourn to the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers. Two-night stays in each city allow you time to explore the wonderful cultures of Portugal, France, and Spain. Selected details.
A joyful, passionate 16-day journey for women wanting to get away from it all! This tour offers luxury with off-the-beaten-path experiences, cultural immersion and safaris.
In one of Africa's safest countries, luxuriate in 4-star comfort every night and during the days walk in the footsteps of colorful village women. You’ll have personal backstage access to a Nobel Peace Prize nominee and elite women shaping Kenya.
Enjoy Africa’s unspoiled natural beauty and magnificent wildlife on up to 6 safaris. Get ready to be pampered by your tour host, Linda Higdon, who has worked with Kenya’s women for 16 years and by the Kenyans, some of the warmest, kindest people on the planet!
You’ll have plenty of free time for yourself. Experience Kenya's vibrant musical culture. Enjoy shopping with local artisans. Rest easy, knowing English is widely spoken.
We’ll welcome you at Nairobi's airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel.
Limited space available for February 2019 small-group tour. Book a call now!
Contact Linda Higdon 312-339-9037 or Linda@Globalheartjourneys.net
- ESSENTIAL HOLLAND: TULIPS IN SPRING– 2019 - Watch Dutch spring come to life before your very eyes as you discover the enchanting waterways and historic gems of the Low Counties.
- SWITZERLAND, THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE– 2019 - This enchanting Rhine and Moselle river cruise remains one of our most popular and beloved European tours.
- DANUBE SPLENDOR: A HOLIDAY CRUISE– 2018 - Join Vantage on this gala holiday cruise through four countries — Germany, Hungary, Austria, and Slovakia — while exploring Europe’s best Christmas Markets, too.
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE & BOTSWANA– 2019 - This adventure is unlike any other. Feel the edge-of-your-seat excitement of safari, as you seek out the Big Five and countless other creatures that roam this land.
- ITALIAN TRAIN ADVENTURE: MAGICAL LAKES, ETERNAL CITIES & THE AMALFI COAST- 2019- Recapture the forgotten pleasures of a journey by rail as you travel from Lake Maggiore in the foothills of the Italian Alps to the lemon groves of the spectacular Amalfi Coast.
- MONGOLIA’S ANCIENT MYSTERIES & MODERN MARVELS– 2019 - Thought-provoking history, dazzling culture, deluxe accommodations, breathtaking beauty — it all awaits on a journey as epic as the eternal blue Mongolian sky.
All Intrepid Travel group trips are perfect for solo travel. Pick from over 1,000 itineraries and join a small group of like-minded travels and an expert local guide to who will get you off the beaten path. Over 50% of travellers on Intrepid Travel trips are travelling solo. You can too.
- Vietnam Express Southbound Travel from historical Hanoi to modern Ho Chi Minh City
- Iceland Discovery Visit Iceland and see glaciers, geysers and geothermal hot springs
- Inca Trail Express Travel to Peru and discover ancient civilisations on the Inca Trail
- Best of Morocco for Solo Travellers Visit Morocco on an all-encompassing adventure from Casablanca to Marrakech for solo-travellers-only.
See what it’s like to travel solo with Intrepid Travel - Over 50% of travellers on our trips travel solo. You can too
A week in magical Paris with a small group of fellow travelers and no single supplement.
What makes Paris Personally the best small group experience in Paris? Paris Personally is refined group travel that’s fun and never stuffy. Our small groups are actually small – around 10 people, giving you a more personal experience. And trips are led by a full-time Parisian who speaks French (and English) fluently.
You’ll stay in a chic, centrally located boutique hotel, dine in charming Parisian restaurants, and see more than just the big museums and sites. Our clients say they feel like they’re exploring Paris with a group of friends.
And after our structured morning outings, your afternoons will be all yours, so you get the best of both worlds! Whether you want a bit of French fashion, some deliciously sinful treat, or just a walk along the banks of the Seine, we’ll help you make it happen. For details, including itineraries, click on the links below.
- 2019 small group trip schedule
- Why Paris Personally
- If you’re already coming to Paris, check out our fully customized day tours
And find out why so many Friendly Planet travelers say they can’t believe they received so much for so little. On our small group tours, there’s plenty of opportunity to meet new friends, with free time built into each itinerary for some independent exploration if you prefer. We always use 4 or 5-star hotels so you have a safe and centrally-located basecamp, and a comfortable place to rest your head at night. And our local trip leaders are always there to make sure you feel welcomed and included. We pride ourselves on keeping our tour prices low, and that includes our single supplements, so that more travelers can see more of the world!
Right now, you can save up to $600 exclusively for Solo Traveler World readers on the small group tours below when you book by Nov. 7.
- 10 Day Tour to Borneo & Bangkok to see orangutans and the Thai capital: See the Tour
- 8 Day Safari in Kenya. Spot the big 5 in Lake Naivasha & the Masai Mara: See the Tour
- 13 Day South Africa Tour including Cape Town, Johannesburg & 3 safaris: See the Tour
Why are so many travelers joining Overseas Adventure Travel independently? O.A.T. doesn’t charge a Single Supplement on adventures or trip extensions. We also provide solo travelers with authentic itineraries in the intimacy of a small group of no more than 8-16 travelers (average of 14) to the destinations that interest them most, including Botswana, Morocco, Tanzania, Northern Italy, and Kenya. Plus, our local Trip Leaders are experts in making everyone feel safe and well cared for—even providing recommendations on how to spend free time. Join us on your next adventure—and see why O.A.T. is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Wondering where O.A.T.’s solo travelers are going in 2019?
- Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
- Morocco Sahara Odyssey
- Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari
- Northern Italy: The Alps, Dolomites & Lombardy
- The Best of Kenya & Tanzania
Travel at the speed of you! The Blue Walk is about experience, people, beauty and a touch of luxury. Our small group walking vacations take place in unique, undiscovered locations. Our guests enjoy leisurely, small-group walking vacations along the beautiful coastlines, villages squares and open spaces of Europe while staying at luxury boutique hotels and resorts. Each tour includes daily 1-hour to 1/2-day walks in some of the world’s most serene surroundings where you can look up into an open sky or gaze out at tranquil blue waters.
Hiking boots and backpacks are optional as we offer a unique blend of lovely walking trails, coastal meandering, and urban strolling. We also offer yoga and art-themed tours. Explore our offerings at thebluewalk.com.
NEW TOURS ADDED:
- Blue Walk Spain. Barcelona and Costa Brava in 2019: June 9-15& September 15-21, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Italy.Milan, Rapallo, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Bellagio, Lake Como, 2019 dates April 6-13, August 31-September 7, 7 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos, Santorini, 2019 dates May 5-17, &October 1-13, 12 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others – 2019 April 27-May 3 & September 8-14, 6 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
This year fill your life with stories, not stuff. With 44+ years’ experience creating Culture, Cycling, Hiking, and Responsible Wildlife tours, making the most of the world is in Exodus DNA. Today, where the things we buy get tossed away, the experiences we have are what live on forever. Plus with 65% of Exodus’s travelers flying solo, no solo supplements if you’ll share a room and solo supplements as low as little as $10 a night, the time to book is now!
To help you make 2019 a year full of stories, Exodus is offering $250 off all tours when you book before Nov 30th, 2018. Not combinable with any other offers. Use promo code SoloAdventure2019 at the time of booking. Check out a small sample of our tours below
- Thailand Food Adventure – 9 days
- Italy: Cycling the Prosecco Hills – 8 days
- Peru: Inca Trail – 9 days
- Italy: Trails & Treasures of the Amalfi Coast – 8 days
- Vietnam Adventure - 14 days
Get out of your comfort zone, push your boundaries, and uncover places few travelers have ever experienced. From zodiac cruising and offshore excursions to evening bar talks and open-seated dining, there are a number of ways to meet other adventurous travelers like you while on an Antarctic expedition. If you’re ready for unparalleled adventure, don’t wait. There’s never been a better time to go solo.
Save 15% on select Antarctic expeditions when you book between now and October 31st, with departures from November 2018 – February 2019
- Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent
- Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings
To learn more about the Polar Regions, visit us at QuarkExpeditions.com or talk to a Polar Travel Adviser at
- International - 1.802.222.0454
- North America - 1.844.409.1615
Our story is simple. My stuff got stolen while traveling, so I wanted a theft-proof travel bag. No good ones existed, so I invented one and launched it on Kickstarter. It went viral. I got cancer. We got a deal on ABC’s Shark Tank. I beat cancer. Our bags became the gold standard in anti-theft travel bags. Bad people knocked us off, cut corners, and produced inferior junk. They failed. We grew because we never skimp on anything. Our bags may be overkill, but when you’re alone in the world, failure is not an option. LOCTOTE enables you to live more and worry less.
Don Halpern – Founder & CEO – Loctote Industrial Bag Co
- Locks Shut- prevents items from being stolen from the bag (solid brass lock included)
- Locks to Any Fixed Object- prevents the bag from being stolen (steel-reinforced lock strap)
- Slash Resistant Fabric- prevents slash-and-grab theft (Along with Honeywell and Tuff-N-Lite, we developed a textile that is literally off the charts for every cut-resistance measure – exceeds ANSI A9)
- Slash Resistant Ropes- prevents cut-and-run theft (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene core)
- Shields Against RFID Scanning- prevents unauthorized card scanning (certified RFID-blocking interior pocket lining)
100,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 70+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear.
Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings.
Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel18” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
For 30 years Adventure Canada has been engaging, educating and entertaining by connecting people to each other and the land through award-winning travel experiences.
We have set aside a number of single cabins aboard the 198-Passenger Ocean Endeavour and 64-Passenger Variety Voyagerto be sold with no single supplement. Get the whole cabin to yourself for no extra charge. Choose from some of our most-popular summer itineraries in Ireland, Scotland or Iceland or escape to winter with our new Costa Rica to Panama adventure aboard a mega yacht. It’s a great time to be single!
- Costa Rica to the Panama Canal on a Mega yacht
- Ireland Circumnavigation with optional Isle of Man
- Scotland Slowly – the Magic of the Scottish Isles
- Iceland Circumnavigation: The Land of Fire and Ice
Join like-minded travellers on our small groups of just 16 with almost 50% solos like you. And best of all, there are no compulsory single supplements.
- Croatia Coast & Island Walk– explore the stunning Adriatic coastline on this 8-day tour
- Trek the Sahara– follow in the footsteps of the Berbers in Morocco on this 8-day tour
- Cycle Cape Town & Winelands– traverse the dramatic coastal scenery of Cape Peninsula on this 12-day tour
- Trek Vietnam & Laos– meet the local hill tribes and visit Halong Bay on this 15-day tour
- Cycle Rajasthan– travel from Udaipur to Delhi via the Taj Mahal by bike on this 12-day tour
Why is this trip to France extraordinary?
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- This is a VIP experience! And the tour is all-inclusive.
- You’ll experience the real rhythm of French life, off the beaten track in southern France!
- You’ll be residing in the home of your guide/host. Veronique is completely bilingual, lives part of the year in her native France and part in the Canadian Rockies.
- There are many options for how we'll spend our time. We'll decide how together.
You might want to check our 2019 tour dates. Act now! Once reserved even by a single solo traveler, the tour date is gone.
Grapehops Tours is a small tour company focusing on unique wine and food adventures in Croatia, Slovenia, Northern Spain, Northern Portugal, Northern Italy & Sicily. If you like meeting winemakers and learning about local wines, enjoying convivial meals and experiencing relaxed and low-key sightseeing with a small group (12 or fewer) of like-minded travelers, please join us on an upcoming trip! There are no single supplements, and solo travelers will always have their own bedroom.
SLOVENIA IN THE SPRING Slovenia is a beautiful country with lovely people, fantastic food and great wines. Not to mention the scenery. If you have been thinking about visiting this off-the-beaten-track country, consider the weeklong A Taste of Slovenia tour. The dates are April 20 – 27, 2019. Mention Solo Traveler for $200 off!
FOOD, WINE & CULTURE IN CATALONIA
Amazing Catalonia tour (September 14 – 23, 2019) will include some time at Tarragona’s famous Santa Tecla festival. Mention solo traveler for $150 off.
The Benefits of Solo Travel Tours
There are many benefits to traveling solo in a group.
- All the research and planning is done for you, including all the logistics and bookings. It's a huge time saver.
- Any language and cultural barriers are made easy by your guide.
- You are sure to see the major sites.
- If things go wrong, someone else is responsible for setting them right.
- There is safety in numbers.
- You know that you’ll have travel companions.
- You won’t ever have to eat alone.
How to Select the Solo Travel Tour that's Right for You
Whether your interest is adventure, culture, history, volunteering, shopping or walking, you’ll there's a tour company that fits your budget. But how do you decide which company is for you? Here are some guidelines:
- Review the itinerary carefully and compare it with other itineraries for the same destination: even those out of your price range. Once you know all the options, you’ll be able to choose the tour that’s right for you.
- Take note of what is and isn’t included in the price, from transfers to meals. You want to know that you have enough money to really enjoy the trip.
- Know their refund policy.
- Look at the demographics of the group. Is this the group you want to travel with?
- Find out how large the group will be. Does this suit you?
- Is there a single supplement? You can trust the tours on this page above to have no or a low single supplement (not more than 20%) however, most package prices are based on double occupancy and some companies will charge a much higher premium for singles. Find out if this is the case. If so, ask if they will waive it or pair you with another traveler to avoid the single supplement.
- Consider the reputation of the company. Look for reviews of the tour but also check with friends and use Facebook and Twitter to get firsthand feedback on the tour you’re considering.
- Talk directly to the tour company to ask the questions that are important to you. Perhaps you want to know their policies around sustainability or using local guides. Just ask.
Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement all together. We're not completely successful but this list has grown from one or two companies back in 2009 to over 20 companies most months now.
In 2017, as part of our effort to support solo travelers, we launched the Solo Traveler Awards. With an international panel of judges, we recognize and promoted the companies that serve solo travelers best. In so doing, we encourage more companies to recognize the growing solo market and to do the same.