The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised elsewhere specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person tries to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Intrepid Travel launches 6 new trips for solo travelers
What if you’ve got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over 50% of travelers on Intrepid Travel’s trips are traveling solo, and we’ve just launched 6 brand new solo-only departures on some of our most popular trips. We’ve got expert local leaders on tap to show you around, ready-made friends who are itching to explore (just like you), and as is the case in our 1,000+ tours, no single supplement at all with our room-sharing option but we can also provide you with a room all to yourself if you prefer. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport: we’ll handle the rest.
- Classic Peru – For Solo Travelers
- Mexico Real Food Adventure – For Solo Travelers
- Vietnam Express Southbound – For Solo Travelers
- Best of Morocco – For Solo Travelers
- Golden Triangle – For Solo Travelers
- Beautiful Bali – For Solo Travelers
Kim Allan Silk – 100% Knit Silk Undergarments perfect for all your Solo Adventures!
Kim Allan Silk undergarments are made from 100% Knit Silk, a versatile, light weight, fast drying and easy to care for fabric ideal for the high paced and active solo traveller. Kim Allan Silk pieces can be worn as workout gear, undergarments, or sleepwear, making them a highly versatile addition to your travel wardrobe. Our pieces can be washed in the sink with shampoo and will be perfectly dry by the next day. 100% Knit Silk is great for both hot & cool temperatures…breathable on hot and humid days, but acts as an excellent insulating layer for those cooler nights.
We would love to join you on your next Solo Adventure. Take advantage of our SPECIAL PROMOTION happening on our website now. Regularly priced at $42, our French Cut and Full Cut underwear are on sale for $28 CND for a limited time. From us to you, we offer free shipping worldwide! Happy travels!
- Women’s French Cut Underwear – On Sale
- Women’s Camisole – On Sale
- Men’s Boxers – On Sale
- Long Leg Pant Unisex – On Sale
- Long Sleeve Crewneck Top Unisex – On Sale
- Turtleneck Unisex – On Sale
Since 2003, Sacred Earth Journeys has taken travelers to the sacred places of the world. We work closely with our passionate tour leaders to create sacred travel programs that will further your inner journey while guiding you through the mythic heart of each country we visit. Our itineraries are filled with personal contacts and resources that draw on our years of experience and local knowledge. On many of our journeys, we have the honor of meeting local wisdom keepers, traditional healers, shamans, musicians, artists, authors, and other remarkable people. These are indeed life-changing spiritual adventures.
- The Heart of Ancient Greece: An Odyssey with Phil Cousineau. The Myths, Heroes, Gods and Goddesses, and Sacred Sites of the Classical World.
- A Passion for Paris: An 8-Day Adventure in the City of Light and Lights. Stroll back in time down the cobblestone streets of Montmartre where Van Gogh painted and Piaf sang. Then step into the present-day with a talk by Le Monde chief correspondent Rémy Ourdan and a get-together at Shakespeare & Co with Sylvia, the daughter of the founder. Trip led by Phil Cousineau. For Solo Traveler readers only – a further $400 taken off the single supplement on this journey!!!!
- Ayurveda Health and Healing Retreat in India Participate in your own healing with Ayurveda treatments (Panchakarma), studying, self-healing and meditating in a traditional South Indian settings.
- Sacred South India A journey in the footsteps of the great mystics. This journey is led by Andrew Harvey. For Solo Travelers Readers only – a further $600 taken off the single supplement on this journey!!!!
- Puma Quispe Singorra. A Sacred Journey of Healing, Andean Medicine and Energy Work in Peru In the Sacred Valley we will meet a local family in Chinchero before visiting Machu Picchu and other sacred sites. This journey is led by Andean Medicine Man and Wisdom Keeper,
For lower single supplement on the Paris and South India journeys, call (604) 874-7922 and mention you saw it on Solo Traveler. www.sacredearthjourneys.ca
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife, and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 30, 2018, when booked before Jan 30, 2018. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 off!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,365 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,515 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135 pp
Those who find themselves solo because they’ve lost their soulmate and favorite travel companion often struggle to find travel offers they can feel comfortable with. Inspired through our own healing journeys after great loss we have set up Fire & Rain Soul Spas ® to share things that have helped us feel more positive again.
These uplifting breaks are all about self-care, mindful living, treating yourself and nature-nurture in Scotland’s stunning natural environments. Think beach walks, mindfulness meditation, stargazing, creating memory objects, sitting by the fire with a book, sharing your story with people in a similar situation. Take a break to step back and allow what comes up. All activities are optional…explore the location on your own…and dip in and out of the group as you like.
With Fire & Rain Soul Spas® you can experience Scotland in a way that feels safe, inspiring and uplifting.
Magical Mull Mindfulness Soul Spa – 10-15 February 2018, Isle of Mull, Scotland (Solo Traveler subscribers get £100 off with code SOLO2018)
Hebridean Wildscapes – 26-31 May 2018, Isle of Mull, Scotland
Beaches & Mountains – 30 July – 4 August 2018, Isle of Arran, Scotland
Find out more on https://fireandrain.scot/
90,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 60+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
- Arctic Safari — Aug 6 – 17, 2018
- Out of the Northwest Passage — Sep 2 – 18, 2018
- Greenland & Wild Labrador — Sep 18–Oct 2, 2018
- Newfoundland Circumnavigation — Oct 2–12, 2018
Adventure Canada offers complimentary single supplements on select cabins in categories 3 thru 7 on the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour. Have your own cabin and save up to 20% on the berth cost when you book back-to-back expeditions on Ocean Endeavour voyages only. Sail the North Atlantic isles—from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and Iceland—before circumnavigating the land of fire and ice. Or join us as we sail the hidden wilds of Labrador and experience the legendary hospitality of Newfoundland. Experience landscapes unlike any other on earth, search for wildlife in its spectacular habitats, and engage with local culture and history. All voyages feature an expert resource staff, daily shore visits via Zodiac, onsite interpretations, an onboard lecture series, and the amenities of a boutique hotel.
Join the expedition specialists for the trip of a lifetime—twice over!
*Please note that once these cabins are sold, the single supplement fee is 1.5 times the berth cost.
Other featured award-winning expedition cruise
- Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica – October 29-November 18, 2017
- Tanzania Great Migration Safari – January 30-February 9, 2018
- North Atlantic Saga — Jun 21–Jul 1, 2018
Joy in Kenya!
Join “Women’s Journey to Kenya” in February 2018 and experience joy around every corner! This 16-day women’s journey is for women craving deeper meaning from their travel. You’ll not only stay in 4-star luxury, travel safely, and see magnificent wildlife, but most importantly spend personal time with many Kenyan women and children. You’ll step into their fascinating daily lives in villages, tea fields, and ancient lands. You’ll meet women changing the Kenyan Constitution and Nobel Laureates. This is a global adventure to celebrate women and nurture our hearts!
Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. And your expert host and reputable drivers will always there for you!
“I have traveled many places in the world but nothing compares to the richness of this trip. Against the magical backdrop of this beautiful country and the powerful Kenyan women, I am forever changed” – Gail
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi’s airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel, a British lodge. Only a few spots remain for our February 2018 small-group tour so book now! By the way, temperatures in Kenya in February, their summer, are perfect for us.
Watch the short video
Gallery– fabulous photos from previous trips
We deliver experiential, authentic private tours in Aveyron and further afield, with just YOU in mind. Dates
Tours are 100% private
- You share your experience with like-minded people.
- No single supplement. We do not charge extra for solos.
- A maximum of eight guests at a time.
Tours are all inclusive
- All your costs are covered over the 10 days/9 nights of the trip such as pick-up at Rodez airport or train station, accommodation at Véronique’s house, regional wines handpicked and/or other beverages during meals, entry fees to museums, castles, exhibitions, gratuities, transportation, services of Véronique, your bilingual local guide, and personal driver.
- Véronique is local and fully bilingual. She lives on two continents. Through her approach and personal connections, she is able to provide insider perks.
- Véronique has the unusual ability to develop deep personal relationships combining trust and competency.
- She will make your tour enjoyable, relevant and effortless for you.
Save time searching for no to low single supplements using our new, free, patent-pending software tool, Solo Travel Pricing Tracker.
Find one-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 50% or more off.
Take advantage of off-season deals and advance sales:
The Eternal City, Rome, Italy From $70/Night
Real Steal: Exotic Montenegro From $46/Night!
Scottish Spa & Golf-Country House From $124
US Old West from $74/Night
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2018
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2018
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2018
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2018
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo-friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar is the best kind of travel experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
There’s Still Time for an Adventure in 2017 + Save on New 2018 Trips
There’s still time to have an adventure in 2017. If you’ve not had an adventure this year make plans now and close out the year with a great travel experience from Explore. There are still 3 months of the year left in which to make your travel dreams reality. Make plans soon and you can make some great travel memories this year. See over 30 trips you could do this year if you book soon.
Or if you’re already thinking about 2018 now’s the time to get a great deal on the new Explore trips for 2018.
To celebrate the launch of the 2018 collection, book any new Explore Worldwide or Cycling adventure by 23 October 2017 and save 5% – just quote ‘New Trip Offer‘ at the time of booking.
TWO TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Security Recommended: You’re Now Seeing this Whenever You Connect to Public WiFi
Hotel WiFi, coffee shop WiFi… they are all public and without a VPN you can have your identity stolen and your accounts hacked. I use StrongVPN when going on public WiFi to do anything financial. StrongVPN also allows me to watch Netflix when I’m out of the country and get around WiFi firewalls in countries that have them.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world! The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.