The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products that are great for solo travelers as they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Most tours are priced for two people which is called double occupancy. When a price specifies double occupancy there is usually a surcharge of up to 100% for those traveling alone. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.
And now, the deals, with no single supplement or low single supplement…
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2017
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2017
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2017
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2017
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing – Unmatched Security & Function For All Of Your Solo Adventures!
70,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 45+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year.
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
Experience Asia’s iconic sights with NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS on select 2017 or 2018 Classic and Discovery Escorted Tours
Explore China, Japan or Southeast Asia with Wendy Wu Tours, the leading US specialist tour operator to Asia.
We offer both air-inclusive and land-only escorted tours to Asia. Fully guided by our English speaking experts and in groups no larger than 29, you can truly discover it’s breath-taking sights. Plus, our award-winning tours include all meals, entrance fees, accommodation and visa fees for the ultimate hassle-free vacation! Choose from our range of Classic group tours or our Discovery tours for a more culturally-immersive and active experience.
Book a Classic or Discovery tour through December 31, 2018 and you’ll pay $0 single supplement – enjoy the comfort of your own room at no extra cost! You can choose to travel at any time in either 2017 or 2018, with flights included or not. Plus, save a further $50 if you pay by check or direct deposit!
- Jewels of Japan – 11 day Classic Tour of Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka, and more
- China Explorer – 15 day Discovery Tour of Beijing, Xian, the Pandas at Chengdu, a Yangtze Cruise, Shanghai, and more
- Reflections of Vietnam – 17 day Discovery Tour of Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Saigon, Mekong Delta, and more
- Thailand & Laos Adventure – 16 day Classic Tour of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Luang Prabang, the Kuang Si Waterfalls, and more
To book your single-supplement-free trip, please call 1-877-993-6399
If you’ve been thinking about booking a cycling trip now’s the time to be decisive. Book this month and get a discount on all 2017 Explore cycling adventures and confirm your trip with a deposit from just $1.
From just US$1 deposit you can book a 2017 cycling adventure plus save on the price of your trip, if you book this month (April 2017). These are great experiences for solo travelers with the opportunity to enjoy an active trip with a few like minded travelers.
Choose any Explore small group or self-guided cycling trip and get a reduced price if you book this month. It’s easy to make plans when all you need is a US$1 to confirm your trip.
Also now’s the time to order your new Explore brochure for 2017. Bigger and better than ever get your free copy of the ultimate adventure travel catalog. Choose from the Worldwide, Cycling or new Walking and Trekking edition.
$150 off 100+ Countries Worldwide with NO Solo Supplements!
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 likeminded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until March 28th, 2018 when booked before June 30th, 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 discount!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast– 8 days from $1,085 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast– 8 days from $1,165 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu– 9 days from $1,465 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,235 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,285 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $1,935 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Africa Lunar Moon Photo Safari with George Kourounis– 21 days from $4,645 pp
Whether it’s sleeping under the stars in the Sahara, experiencing local village life in India or simply kicking back on a relaxing Nile cruise in Egypt, there are lots of wonderful experiences for you to enjoy travelling with On The Go Tours.
Immerse yourself in authentic local experiences and adventure alongside an international mix of English-speaking travellers. With an average size of just 18, it always makes for a fun and eclectic holiday for solo travelers accompanied by highly qualified local guides. And with lots of inclusions and an excellent range of hotels & boutique properties, you can be sure you’re getting unbeatable value.
And now solo travellers can enjoy the comfort of their own room, supplement-free on selected dates in a range of popular destinations. Solo travel just got a whole lot more affordable in:
- India – Explore the Golden Triangle for the Taj Mahal and Pink City of Jaipur with special festival departures over Holi and Diwali
- Egypt – Marvel at the ancient wonders of Egypt from the great Pyramids to the temples of Luxor with traditional felucca sailing on the Nile
- Sri Lanka – Discover the highlights of the Cultural Triangle and the island’s scenic tea plantations and national parks
- Nepal – Go on a cultural or trekking adventure that takes you from the ancient city of Kathmandu to the spectacular peaks of the Himalayas
- Morocco -Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and aromas of Marrakech and Fes with a night spent under the stars in the Sahara desert
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 68% off.
- For savings and better travel, see our new TravelStyle weekly Blogs on how to travel light to save and be chic plus our “2017 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips”.
- On our website home page, sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week.
Take advantage of great off-season deals and advance sales for 2017!
- Fabled Adriatic Coast-Croatia Cruises with No Single Supplement from $680
- Magical Japan for 11 Days from $2,459 for a Culinary and Cultural Tour
- 4 star Central American Holiday in Caye Caulker Beach Hotel in Belize from $60
- Hostelrie at Goodrich, a Charming Gothic Style 18th century UK country inn from $74
- The Heart of Italy’s Wine Country-Tuscany, Siena Country House from $97
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar encompasses the best of the university experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
No single supplements on these Road Scholar educational travel adventures …
- Rim to Shore: Costa Rica Multi-Sport Adventure
- Independent Prague: Architecture and the Arts
- Perspectives of Peru: Discover Lima, Cusco, Yucay & Machu Picchu
- Scotland’s Highlands: A Stay at the Aigas Field Center
- The Essence of Bhutan
Get a free catalog at roadscholar.org/solo-traveler-blog
Join the “Women’s Journey to Kenya” created for women who are looking for purpose in travel. In this 16-day adventure, you will spend a lot of time with Kenyan women and children, discovering life in the heart of villages, tea fields and cities. And each night you’ll retreat to 4-star luxury and delicious cuisine. Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. Feel completely safe and secure with your expert host and reputable drivers who are always there for you!
Delight in Kenya’s artistry, jewelry, music, and timeless traditions! Enjoy deep bonds with other travelers and the Kenyan women. See magnificent wildlife!
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi airport, then whisk you away to the beautiful Fairview Hotel, a historic British lodge. Limited space remains for our July 2017 small-group tour. Book now! By the way, temperatures are perfect for our July 2017 tour!
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
Drawing & painting, mixed media, photography. Small-group art vacations with excellent Scottish art tutors in stunningly beautiful locations. Smell the sea breeze and wild flowers, walk the woodland paths, explore dramatic vistas and winding streets of ancient villages. Solo travelers make up over 80% of our guests. Drawing and painting in the Outer Hebrides islands Lewis & Harris (no single supplement):
Also, photography tours of the Isle of Mull, The Isle of Skye, the Outer Hebrides or Edinburgh here (small single occupancy supplement applies)
A new type of feel-good vacations: Fire & Rain Soul Spas! Ute and co-host Alison inspire you to live life to the full again after great personal loss. We host retreats we call soul spas in stunning Scottish island locations. Walks on the beach and in the mountains, cosy surroundings, reading and chats by the woodfire, tasty food and wine, mindfulness meditation and more.
On 2017 soul spas Solo Traveler subscribers get a 10% discount with code SOLO2017.
Rocky Mountaineer’s Go Solo offer makes traveling solo even more desirable as you relax in luxury with unparalleled views of springtime in the Canadian Rockies. Onboard this memorable train journey, you will enjoy the company of fellow travelers, wind through lush rainforests, gaze at snow-capped mountains, and catch glimpses of wildlife.
Whether traveling alone or with a friend or relatives, the Go Solo offer has you paying the per person double occupancy rate. Translation? Your journey offers more value than ever before.
And with Canada’s 150th birthday just around the corner, there couldn’t be a better time to explore the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest. Promotion valid on Rocky Mountaineer vacation packages of five days or more departing in April or May of 2017. Hurry and book a qualifying package by May 15, 2017 to take advantage of this unique offer.
Aboard the 199-Passenger Ocean Endeavour
Sable Island’s wild horses are world-famous, but there’s so much more to this remote sand island off the coast of Nova Scotia. The world’s largest colony of grey seals breeds here, as does the rare roseate tern and the endemic Ipswich sparrow, among many birds of note. Amid the island’s forty-two kilometres of beaches, dunes, and bogs you’ll find a plethora of plants: from iris, to sundew, to wild berries in abundance. Whales and sharks ply the nearby waters.
Sable Island’s history includes shipwrecks and salvage; sealing and walrus hunting; rescue and research. Still, the horses remain the island’s most charismatic residents. Free to roam, they represent one of the world’s last wild equine populations and their spirited antics are truly a sight to behold. Now protected as Canada’s forty-third national park, Sable Island offers an experience unlike any other.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.