The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products with no or very low single supplements. Most tours advertised specify that they are based on double occupancy and when a single person trygis to book there is a single supplement surcharge of up to 100%. Solo Traveler advocates for solo travelers by encouraging the travel industry to eliminate the single supplement.
Do you have a deal for solo travelers? Please contact Simon Constam.
Exodus Travels is offering $150 off small group tours to 100 + countries with no single supplements and single rooms for little as $10 a night. With over 43 years of creating Cycling, Hiking, Wildlife and Cultural tours, making the most of the world is in our DNA. Over 60% of Exodus’ travelers fly solo and we have thousands of happy repeat clients to prove it! Journey with 8-16 like-minded travelers from the USA, Canada, UK, Oz and New Zealand.
Receive $150 off any tour for travel until Dec 30, 2018, when booked before Jan 30, 2017. Promo code: SoloAdventures2017. Not combinable with any other offer.
A small sample of our most popular tours for Solo Travelers (and you still get a $150 off!):
- Croatia: Dubrovnik & Dalmatian Coast – 8 days from $1,205 pp
- Walking Italy’s Amalfi Coast – 8 days from $1,265 pp
- Peru’s Inca Trail & Machu Picchu – 9 days from $1,615 pp
- Cycle Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia– 14 days from $2,365 pp
- India: Colors of Rajasthan– 13 days from $1,515 pp
- Highlights of Myanmar– 9 days from $2,015 pp
- Highlights of Ancient Greece– 8 days from $1,705 pp
- Costa Rica Mixed Activity Adventure – 10 days from $2,135 pp
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
Check out our new, free patent-pending software tool, Solo Travel Pricing Tracker, launching Sept.21.
Find one-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 50% or more off.
Take advantage of off-season deals and advance sales:
- River Cruising Holiday Markets to Wellness Tours + Croatia From $695
- 10 New Top Solo Travel Deals From $88
- Scottish Spa & Golf-Country House From $124
- US Old West from $74/Night
Since 2003, Sacred Earth Journeys has taken travelers to the sacred places of the world. We work closely with our passionate tour leaders to create sacred travel programs that will further your inner journey while guiding you through the mythic heart of each country we visit. Our itineraries are filled with personal contacts and resources that draw on our years of experience and local knowledge. On many of our journeys, we have the honor of meeting local wisdom keepers, traditional healers, shamans, musicians, artists, authors, and other remarkable people. These are indeed life-changing spiritual adventures.
- A Passion for Paris: An 8-Day Adventure in the City of Light and Lights. Stroll back in time down the cobblestone streets of Montmartre where Van Gogh painted and Piaf sang. Then step into the present-day with a talk by Le Monde chief correspondent Rémy Ourdan and a get-together at Shakespeare & Co with Sylvia, the daughter of the founder. Trip led by Phil Cousineau. For Solo Traveler readers only – a further $400 taken off the single supplement on this journey!!!!
- Peru: Discover the Power Places of an Ancient Civilization. This is not your typical Andean trip. You’ll visit the ritual towers of Sillustani; the underground resurrection chamber of Q’uenqo; the Otherworld portal of Amaru Muru; and the ceremonial Moon temple Huayna Pichu and more. Trip led by Freddy Silva.
- Wisdom Teachings of the Maya and the Inca at Key Sacred sites in the Yucatan and Campeche, Mexico. Learn about the common roots and major similarities of the Inca and the Maya. Journey led by Miguel Angel Vergara & Jhaimy Alvarez-Acosta.
- Ayurveda Health and Healing Retreat in India Participate in your own healing with Ayurveda treatments (Panchakarma), studying, self-healing and meditating in a traditional South Indian settings.
- Sacred South India A journey in the footsteps of the great mystics. This journey is led by Andrew Harvey. For Solo Travelers Readers only – a further $600 taken off the single supplement on this journey!!!!
- A Sacred Journey of Healing, Andean Medicine and Energy Work in Peru In the Sacred Valley we will meet a local family in Chinchero before visiting Machu Picchu and other sacred sites. This journey is led by Andean Medicine Man and Wisdom Keeper, Puma Quispe Singorra.
Like College … Only Better
Inspiring teachers, spirited conversations, new friends, new experiences — being a Road Scholar is the best kind of travel experience. You’ll learn from expert faculty and meet fellow Road Scholars, who, like you, are students of the world.
Intrepid Travel launches 6 new trips for solo travelers
What if you’ve got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over 50% of travelers on Intrepid Travel’s trips are traveling solo, and we’ve just launched 6 brand new solo-only departures on some of our most popular trips. We’ve got expert local leaders on tap to show you around, ready-made friends who are itching to explore (just like you), and as is the case in our 1,000+ tours, no single supplement at all with our room-sharing option but we can also provide you with a room all to yourself if you prefer. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport: we’ll handle the rest.
- Classic Peru – For Solo Travelers
- Mexico Real Food Adventure – For Solo Travelers
- Vietnam Express Southbound – For Solo Travelers
- Best of Morocco – For Solo Travelers
- Golden Triangle – For Solo Travelers
- Beautiful Bali – For Solo Travelers
90,000+ travelers have chosen to travel smarter with our secure pockets and have stopped 50+ pick-pocket attempts – that we know about! Pick-Pocket Proof ® Clothing offers innovative pocket design, technical fabrics, and everyday style to create the ultimate solo travelwear. Designed by travelers for travelers, our Pick-Pocket Proof ® designs layer multiple levels of security on all of your pockets. You choose single, double or triple secure pockets and where that security is based on your surroundings. Our innovative Women’s Collection includes secure Travel Pants, Skirts & Shirts. Our Men’s styles include our Adventure Collection, Business Collection, Travel Shirts, and our Cubed Travel Jacket™.
Through this deal at Solo Traveler World, we’d like to make it easier for you to take us on your next journey. Save 10% off your first order with code “SoloTravel17” valid through the end of the year. Safe Travels!
- Pick-Pocket Proof ® Women’s Travel Pants
- Women’s Travel Wrap Skirt: Secure Your Pockets For Travel
- Women’s Travel Shirt: Modern Take on a Classic
- Men’s Adventure Travel Collection
- Men’s Business Travel Collection
- Read The Latest Stopped Pick-Pocket Story
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers,” a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
There’s Still Time for an Adventure in 2017 + Save on New 2018 Trips
There’s still time to have an adventure in 2017. If you’ve not had an adventure this year make plans now and close out the year with a great travel experience from Explore. There are still 3 months of the year left in which to make your travel dreams reality. Make plans soon and you can make some great travel memories this year. See over 30 trips you could do this year if you book soon.
Or if you’re already thinking about 2018 now’s the time to get a great deal on the new Explore trips for 2018.
To celebrate the launch of the 2018 collection, book any new Explore Worldwide or Cycling adventure by 23 October 2017 and save 5% – just quote ‘New Trip Offer‘ at the time of booking.
See the new Explore Cycling Adventures for 2018
See the new Explore Worldwide Adventures for 2018
Find More Meaning in Your Travel
On this 16-day trip, you’ll step into the real lives of so many fascinating Kenyan women and children. You’ll experience their welcoming hearts and open spirits. They will guide you into their exquisite traditions and vibrant daily lives in the villages, tea fields. You’ll get to know their beautiful ancient relationship to their lands. This is a women’s global adventure that will nurture your heart and free your spirit! Also, get ready to enjoy magnificent wildlife, lush landscapes, artistry, and music!
Linda Higdon, your tour host, has worked in Kenya for 15 years so you’ll have special access to people and places not found on any tour. Feel completely safe and secure with your expert host. We have 2 Land Rovers with us at all times with reputable drivers. And you’ll overnight in 4-star luxury with delicious cuisine!
“How do I describe a travel experience that was so beautiful I never wanted to come home?” Denise, Traveler
On your arrival, we will welcome you at Nairobi’s airport, then whisk you away to the elegant Fairview Hotel, an historic British lodge. Space is limited, we have only 10 places on each of our trips. So book now for our February 2018 journey! By the way, temperatures in February are perfect.
Contact Linda Higdon 262-742- 2064 or Linda@GlobalHeartJourneys.net
Value. Camaraderie. Enrichment. Safety. Convenience.
Vantage is the only company in the travel industry whose river ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers, with no single supplement whatsoever. And that’s just the start!
See what awaits when you travel solo with Vantage on these popular journeys:
- MAJESTIC RIVERS OF EUROPE: CASTLES, CATHEDRALS & FAIRYTALES – 2017
- SWITZERLAND & THE HEART OF THE RHINE & MOSELLE – 2017
- BEST OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA – 2018
- SOUTH AMERICA ADVENTURE: CHILE, ARGENTINA & URUGUAY – 2017
- SCANDINAVIAN SPLENDOR: A NORDIC ADVENTURE BY LAND & SEA – 2018
- NORMANDY & THE D-DAY BEACHES – 2017
- Arctic Safari — Aug 6 – 17, 2018
- Out of the Northwest Passage — Sep 2 – 18, 2018
- Greenland & Wild Labrador — Sep 18–Oct 2, 2018
- Newfoundland Circumnavigation — Oct 2–12, 2018
Adventure Canada offers complimentary single supplements on select cabins in categories 3 thru 7 on the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour. Have your own cabin and save up to 20% on the berth cost when you book back-to-back expeditions on Ocean Endeavour voyages only. Sail the North Atlantic isles—from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and Iceland—before circumnavigating the land of fire and ice. Or join us as we sail the hidden wilds of Labrador and experience the legendary hospitality of Newfoundland. Experience landscapes unlike any other on earth, search for wildlife in its spectacular habitats, and engage with local culture and history. All voyages feature an expert resource staff, daily shore visits via Zodiac, onsite interpretations, an onboard lecture series, and the amenities of a boutique hotel.
Join the expedition specialists for the trip of a lifetime—twice over!
*Please note that once these cabins are sold, the single supplement fee is 1.5 times the berth cost.
Other featured award-winning expedition cruise
- Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica – October 29-November 18, 2017
- Tanzania Great Migration Safari – January 30-February 9, 2018
- North Atlantic Saga — Jun 21–Jul 1, 2018
TWO TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Security Recommended: You’re Now Seeing this Whenever You Connect to Public WiFi
Hotel WiFi, coffee shop WiFi… they are all public and without a VPN you can have your identity stolen and your accounts hacked. I use StrongVPN when going on public WiFi to do anything financial. StrongVPN also allows me to watch Netflix when I’m out of the country and get around WiFi firewalls in countries that have them.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world! The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.