What Qualifies as a Tour Company for the Solo Travel Awards?
This category is designed for large tour companies that offer many departures to a wide variety of destinations. By contrast, specialty tour companies offer a relatively small number of tours and specialize in only a few destinations or very specific travel interests such as photography, cooking, safaris, or volunteering. You may nominate your tour company for ONLY ONE of the tour categories. However, if your company also offers vacation packages and/or cruises you may enter those categories as well.
Criteria for the Tours Category
All nominees will be judged based on the following criteria:
- How well they cater to solo travelers in terms of whether they apply a single supplement and how much is charged.
- Whether solo spaces on tours are limited and if so, how many are allocated as a percentage of total departures.
- Whether there are special services for solo travelers before or during trips.
In addition, there will be an opportunity to tell us in your own words about your commitment to serving the solo travel market.
Entry Deadlines and Fees
- Early entries are accepted until April 16th. The Early Bird entry fee is US$95/category.
- The final entry deadline is May 15, 2018. The entry fee is US$125/category.
- Payment is by Paypal or credit card using the Paypal platform.
The Selection Process
All nominations will be reviewed according to the criteria above. A shortlist of those that best meet the criteria will be delivered to our judges for final determination of the winner.